Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

BUG? Submarines lose manual override speed when setting new course

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> BUG? Submarines lose manual override speed when setting new course Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
BUG? Submarines lose manual override speed when setting... - 11/16/2019 5:42:59 PM   
JOhnnyr

If I set a course and override the speed, the sub respects it, but as soon as I plot a new course, the manual override gets un-ticked and the sub increases speed to 10-12 kts.

If I load up CMANO, the subs correctly respect the overridden speed.

It makes trying to be stealthy impossible.

Please fix!

< Message edited by JOhnnyr -- 11/16/2019 5:54:10 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: BUG? Submarines lose manual override speed when set... - 11/16/2019 8:35:28 PM   
tmoilanen

I've noticed this too...

Also with Nuclear Submarines (presumably with nuke carriers too) it appears that the distance to the next waypoint is no longer displayed in the F2 Throttle/Altitude window.

(in reply to JOhnnyr)
Post #: 2
RE: BUG? Submarines lose manual override speed when set... - 11/16/2019 9:43:37 PM   
KnightHawk75

quote:

next waypoint is no longer displayed in the F2 Throttle/Altitude window.

Darn, that was handy.

(in reply to tmoilanen)
Post #: 3
RE: BUG? Submarines lose manual override speed when set... - 11/16/2019 9:54:06 PM   
JOhnnyr

quote:

ORIGINAL: KnightHawk75

quote:

next waypoint is no longer displayed in the F2 Throttle/Altitude window.

Darn, that was handy.

Agreed. Dimitris, we implore you, please fix these issues!

(in reply to KnightHawk75)
Post #: 4
RE: BUG? Submarines lose manual override speed when set... - 11/16/2019 10:00:33 PM   
guanotwozero

We need a couple of Dimitris clones so one can be getting some sleep at any one time

(in reply to JOhnnyr)
Post #: 5
RE: BUG? Submarines lose manual override speed when set... - 11/17/2019 1:28:55 AM   
HaughtKarl

Dimitris mentioned this in a support thread (https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4716888}
quote:

Hi guys,

This si similar to a few other reports we've had about waypoint altitudes. We've looked at it and it's a very complex issue. We are throwing eyes and hands at this as fast as we can. Thanks!

(in reply to guanotwozero)
Post #: 6
RE: BUG? Submarines lose manual override speed when set... - 11/17/2019 2:29:45 AM   
JOhnnyr

quote:

ORIGINAL: HaughtKarl

Dimitris mentioned this in a support thread (https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4716888}
quote:

Hi guys,

This si similar to a few other reports we've had about waypoint altitudes. We've looked at it and it's a very complex issue. We are throwing eyes and hands at this as fast as we can. Thanks!

I think this might be different, someone on the steam forums is having the same issue, and Dimitris said it was by design...which....makes no sense?

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1076160/discussions/0/3356799628309658688/

quote:

IIRC the default throttle setting when plotting a completely new course is "cruise" which may explain this.

The "switch to cruise after setting a new plotted course" logic was added because players would frequently set a plot for a unit but then would forget to set a desired throttle, so the unit was left dead in the water.

Plus, when a unit reaches the end of its plotted course it slows down to eventually stop. This is is because otherwise a player may completely forget about a unit and it may drift off to wherever.

What you can potentially do is add more waypoints in an existing course, so that the desired speed is always maintained.

I can only hope they see reason and change that, because as it is, it makes no sense.

< Message edited by JOhnnyr -- 11/17/2019 2:32:50 AM >

(in reply to HaughtKarl)
Post #: 7
RE: BUG? Submarines lose manual override speed when set... - 11/17/2019 9:42:47 AM   
Rory Noonan

Hey guys, your friendly Dimitris clone checking in.

We are doing the best we can to identify and fix issues.

I've tried reproducing this without luck; could you please provide a save to show what's going wrong?

(in reply to JOhnnyr)
Post #: 8
RE: BUG? Submarines lose manual override speed when set... - 11/17/2019 10:54:55 AM   
overkill01

quote:

ORIGINAL: apache85

I've tried reproducing this without luck; could you please provide a save to show what's going wrong?

I'm having the same problem.
It happens with any naval unit, ships and subs.
I think i've had it with aireal too but can't reproduce.

save included, all ships are moving at full speed. Plot a new course and speed goes auto again.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Rory Noonan)
Post #: 9
RE: BUG? Submarines lose manual override speed when set... - 11/17/2019 1:00:15 PM   
Rory Noonan

Thanks, logged.

(in reply to overkill01)
Post #: 10
RE: BUG? Submarines lose manual override speed when set... - 11/17/2019 1:58:02 PM   
JOhnnyr

quote:

apache, I can reproduce it in every scenario I try - but here are the steps to 100% reproduce:

1) Load up Quick Battle, 1v1 Sub duel.

2) Use F3 to plot a new course, sub will start moving at 12kts

3) Open Altitude/Throttle Settings and Override speed to creep (5kts)

4)The Sub will start to decelerate to the correct speed.

5) Use F3 to plot a new course

6) Sub will accelerate to 12kts again, and if you look at the Altitude/Throttle Window, the override speed checkbox is unchecked and desired speed is set to 12kts

On Steam, Dimitris said this might have been intentional, which seems crazy, because I can't imagine why anyone would want the speed override to just disappear when plotting a new course?

< Message edited by JOhnnyr -- 11/17/2019 2:17:48 PM >

Post #: 11
RE: BUG? Submarines lose manual override speed when set... - 11/17/2019 4:47:00 PM   
magi

quote:

what a funny guy.... but very useful....

Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> BUG? Submarines lose manual override speed when setting new course Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI