Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Can't shoot down German transports

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> Can't shoot down German transports Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Can't shoot down German transports - 11/16/2019 5:11:40 PM   
DicedT

I can't shoot down German transports conducting cargo drops on the front lines. I have Allied fighters flying air superiority missions, at roughly the same altitude as the German transports. There is no air combat. What's also strange is that the Germans encounter no Allied flak, either. It doesn't appear that the transports are flying at night, and they don't seem to be taking a lot of op losses.

Michael

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Can't shoot down German transports - 11/16/2019 5:43:48 PM   
Dave25210

Same issue I experience . I've been told by someone in the past that the transport intercept feature isn't implemented yet , or something along these lines....

(in reply to DicedT)
Post #: 2
RE: Can't shoot down German transports - 11/16/2019 8:25:12 PM   
Joel Billings

I was able to repeat the issue from the save that DicedT sent. We'll take a look at it. We've done some work on this in WitE2, but unfortunately that was after the code was separated so don't know how applicable those changes will be to WitW.

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to Dave25210)
Post #: 3
RE: Can't shoot down German transports - 5/17/2020 2:48:52 PM   
pkloop

Was this ever remedied? I have this exact problem in the Africa scenarios. Axis supply planes fly missions with never any intercept despite best efforts in changing flight settings..ALT, Mission, "fly on enemy turn" etc..

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 4
RE: Can't shoot down German transports - 5/17/2020 4:37:40 PM   
EddyBear81

Same issue here. It's really annoying, as these air re-supply can really increase the combat power of units during the turn.

And there's nothing you can do about it !
(when historically, this was a significant part of the air battle over North Africa

(in reply to pkloop)
Post #: 5
RE: Can't shoot down German transports - 5/17/2020 9:30:23 PM   
fritzfarlig

lol the same here try to interrupt germans supplyflights in Tunesia scenario, its important to cut off for supply to tunisia in this scenario game

(in reply to EddyBear81)
Post #: 6
RE: Can't shoot down German transports - 5/18/2020 1:27:17 PM   
pkloop

Yup. Despite massive allied air power they operate with absolute impunity delivering 100's of tons of supply

(in reply to fritzfarlig)
Post #: 7
RE: Can't shoot down German transports - 5/18/2020 1:48:06 PM   
Dave25210

I noticed and confirmed this problem a while ago too. This issue would definitely deserve to be addressed in the next patch. I often play North Africa scenarios, and there this problem affects the overal results a lot; helplessly sitting and watching enemy delivering hundreds of tons of supplies every turn to its otherwise cut off troops suck. Developers please fix this. This game is absolutely fantastic, well worth to keep patching it.

(in reply to pkloop)
Post #: 8
RE: Can't shoot down German transports - 10/12/2020 3:48:54 PM   
sfbaytf

This explains why I wasn’t able to shot down the German transport resupply drop in the Torch scenarios.

(in reply to Dave25210)
Post #: 9
RE: Can't shoot down German transports - 10/13/2020 3:48:20 PM   
cfulbright

It's been a long-known issue that transports doing freight drops don't get intercepted.

Cary

(in reply to DicedT)
Post #: 10
RE: Can't shoot down German transports - 10/13/2020 5:45:14 PM   
sfbaytf

quote:

ORIGINAL: cfulbright

It's been a long-known issue that transports doing freight drops don't get intercepted.

Cary

I've been out of the loop for some time and searching through the threads I saw the transport issue. Too bad as it may or may not be a factor in the Torch scenario-which is very enjoyable. Hopefully it gets fixed.

I haven't touched WitW in a long time. I'm playing the Campaign in Italy scenario and restarted as there are so many things you need to keep into account and I had to re-learn things I forgot.

The withdrawal of units and Amphib assets really throws a wrench in the Allied's abilities and I didn't take that into account the first go-around.

I'm getting in shape for the full 43-45 Campaign-already have a saved first turn for the full 43-45 Campaign that I can add and modify as I learn things again in the Italy Campaign.

I know GG is working on a new WitE, but I hope he adds 41-45 to WitW or better yet 39-45. I also have Hearts of Iron4 and I don't think it really stacks up to WitW.

From what very little I've seen of the new WitE I can't tell for sure if it uses the WitW air system, which I find to be excellent. I still have an old Copy of Talonsofts Bombing the Reich-manual is excellent and I used to have Battle of Britain and I'm not really sure if the newer updated version of Bombing the Reich is better that what's already in WitW.

One things I do know is Bombing the Reich can look very cluttered...

< Message edited by sfbaytf -- 10/13/2020 5:46:13 PM >

(in reply to cfulbright)
Post #: 11
RE: Can't shoot down German transports - 10/13/2020 6:06:47 PM   
cfulbright

One key difference between Bombing the Reich and WitW you'll notice right away is that the former is day turns, the latter is week turns, and the former is minute-by-minute game play.

Cary

(in reply to sfbaytf)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> Can't shoot down German transports Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI