Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Seeking Help Understanding TACView

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Seeking Help Understanding TACView Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Seeking Help Understanding TACView - 11/15/2019 2:54:53 PM   
fatgreta1066

At their website it looks as if there are 3 versions, starter standard and advanced. Will all three work with CMO? What are the differences? In the FAQ they say you can upgrade versions for about the cost difference, does it make sense to start with starter and work up from there as needed? I've read that TACView is another $80 but it seems like it's either a free trial, $28 or $70 as I look at the website.

Thanks,

Chris
Post #: 1
RE: Seeking Help Understanding TACView - 11/15/2019 2:59:15 PM   
thewood1

From the thread a few lines down...

"Because it seems to have to be spelled out...note that the manual, and the devs comments throughout the forum, states you have to have TacView Advanced. The free TacView won't work."

(in reply to fatgreta1066)
Post #: 2
RE: Seeking Help Understanding TACView - 11/15/2019 3:20:43 PM   
mavfin

quote:

ORIGINAL: fatgreta1066

At their website it looks as if there are 3 versions, starter standard and advanced. Will all three work with CMO? What are the differences? In the FAQ they say you can upgrade versions for about the cost difference, does it make sense to start with starter and work up from there as needed? I've read that TACView is another $80 but it seems like it's either a free trial, $28 or $70 as I look at the website.

Thanks,

Chris

Note there's a CMO+Tacview Advanced bundle on Steam with 25% discount on Tacview. If you already bought CMO, you can still get that discount, since the bundle will give you credit for having CMO already. If you bought CMO from Matrix, you'll need to register that copy with Steam, and then it will give you credit.

Makes a $69.99 Tacview into a $52.49 TacView.

Post #: 3
RE: Seeking Help Understanding TACView - 11/15/2019 3:38:01 PM   
fatgreta1066

quote:

ORIGINAL: thewood1

From the thread a few lines down...

"Because it seems to have to be spelled out...note that the manual, and the devs comments throughout the forum, states you have to have TacView Advanced. The free TacView won't work."

Thanks for spelling it out oh wise one.

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 4
RE: Seeking Help Understanding TACView - 11/15/2019 3:49:27 PM   
thewood1

Any time.

Post #: 5
RE: Seeking Help Understanding TACView - 11/15/2019 4:00:38 PM   
fatgreta1066

quote:

Any time.

Always grateful when someone of your intelligence takes time out of his busy day to inform we few, we stupid few...

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 6
RE: Seeking Help Understanding TACView - 11/15/2019 4:01:02 PM   
HaughtKarl

Tacview goes on sale for like 50% off during a summer sale if you don't mind waiting that long.

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 7
RE: Seeking Help Understanding TACView - 11/15/2019 4:05:40 PM   
AntoneT

Looks like Tacview had a 40% sale late December last year too. As they say in the investment world- Past performance is no gaurantee of future results.

(in reply to HaughtKarl)
Post #: 8
RE: Seeking Help Understanding TACView - 11/15/2019 4:05:55 PM   
thewood1

quote:

ORIGINAL: fatgreta1066

quote:

Any time.

Always grateful when someone of your intelligence takes time out of his busy day to inform we few, we stupid few...

All I can say is I figured it out all by myself by reading the product page and looking at the manual. Not even counting the announcements all over the forum. I am not very smart, but am willing to do a few things for myself.

Post #: 9
RE: Seeking Help Understanding TACView - 11/15/2019 4:26:47 PM   
IainMcNeil

Lets keep it civil guys. I don't want to lock another thread.

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 10
RE: Seeking Help Understanding TACView - 11/15/2019 6:02:34 PM   
fatgreta1066

quote:

ORIGINAL: HaughtKarl

Looks like Tacview had a 40% sale late December last year too. As they say in the investment world- Past performance is no gaurantee of future results.

quote:

Tacview goes on sale for like 50% off during a summer sale if you don't mind waiting that long.

quote:

ORIGINAL: AntoneT

quote:

That is helpful, thanks to both of you. It's too bad that the free demo won't work here but it's not a big deal. The steam discount seems like a pretty good option, I'll probably go with that eventually.

(in reply to AntoneT)
Post #: 11
RE: Seeking Help Understanding TACView - 11/15/2019 7:12:30 PM   
MirabelleBenou

Hello !

With the free version, you still have an option to try for 30 days (I think) when you install it. That way, you can test if you like it or not with CMO.

Also, I would suggest waiting for discount. Tacview make regular discount. You can also try a grouped order with other people.

Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Seeking Help Understanding TACView Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI