Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Ground war?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Ground war? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Ground war? - 11/15/2019 2:34:25 PM   
blackcloud6

How is the ground war in CMO? In CMANO ground units were simply targets. Can you fight a land battle now and is it accurate or is ground still second fiddle to the air/naval game?
Post #: 1
RE: Ground war? - 11/15/2019 3:57:08 PM   
AntoneT

It's still relitivly abstract, but there have been some enhancements to things like terrain. There's a Dev Diary I would link you to if could.

Look for it on the CMO Product Page. It's creativly called "Command: Modern Operations - Ground Ops"

(in reply to blackcloud6)
Post #: 2
RE: Ground war? - 11/15/2019 4:10:02 PM   
thewood1

The biggest change is the terrain isn't as generic. The next biggest change is the units interact with the terrain. You can do some more intricate ground operations, but its still heavily abstracted compared to Operational Art of War.

(in reply to AntoneT)
Post #: 3
RE: Ground war? - 11/15/2019 4:25:21 PM   
blackcloud6

quote:

ORIGINAL: AntoneT

It's still relitivly abstract, but there have been some enhancements to things like terrain. There's a Dev Diary I would link you to if could.

Look for it on the CMO Product Page. It's creativly called "Command: Modern Operations - Ground Ops"

Thanks, over on Steam one of the developers linked me to the article.

(in reply to AntoneT)
Post #: 4
RE: Ground war? - 11/15/2019 4:26:51 PM   
blackcloud6

quote:

ORIGINAL: thewood1

The biggest change is the terrain isn't as generic. The next biggest change is the units interact with the terrain. You can do some more intricate ground operations, but its still heavily abstracted compared to Operational Art of War.

Thanks. So it sounds like ground ops is still somewhat secondary to the air/naval game.

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 5
RE: Ground war? - 11/15/2019 4:34:30 PM   
mavfin

quote:

ORIGINAL: blackcloud6
Thanks. So it sounds like ground ops is still somewhat secondary to the air/naval game.

Better than it was, but, yes, it's not going to have what the dedicated ground games have.
I think of it this way: For the most part, you can have smarter ground targets, but, there is some flexibility for some skirmishes on the ground.

(in reply to blackcloud6)
Post #: 6
RE: Ground war? - 11/15/2019 8:48:05 PM   
Gunner98

When I get a chance I'll retouch 'Wrestling an Octopus' and see if it plays better in CMO. I was trying to simulate a JAAT in a Norwegian valley but it didn't really work because the Soviets refused to stay in the valley. My read of what CMO can do should make it a little better, but the premise is that most of the ground units feature as targets anyway.

B

Check out our novel, Northern Fury: H-Hour!: http://northernfury.us/
And our blog: http://northernfury.us/blog/post2/
Twitter: @NorthernFury94 or Facebook https://www.facebook.com/northernfury/

(in reply to mavfin)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Ground war? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI