Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Tacview

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tacview Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Tacview - 11/14/2019 4:17:37 PM   
Majick

The Tacview integration seems to work very well and looks great.

However, the fact that you can see unspotted units is a potential gamebreaker. Is there a way round this currently? If not, are there any plans to address the issue?
Post #: 1
RE: Tacview - 11/14/2019 4:21:43 PM   
JOhnnyr

quote:

ORIGINAL: Majick

The Tacview integration seems to work very well and looks great.

However, the fact that you can see unspotted units is a potential gamebreaker. Is there a way round this currently? If not, are there any plans to address the issue?

It's in the poll, but how they could release this without fog of war is kinda baffling. It really is game breaking.

(in reply to Majick)
Post #: 2
RE: Tacview - 11/14/2019 4:25:44 PM   
thewood1

This was pointed out in the various announcements. You can turn off 3d.

(in reply to JOhnnyr)
Post #: 3
RE: Tacview - 11/14/2019 4:31:14 PM   
JOhnnyr

quote:

ORIGINAL: thewood1

But we want 3d....it significantly increases the immersion and feeling that I'm playing a game.

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 4
RE: Tacview - 11/14/2019 4:39:23 PM   
Majick

quote:

ORIGINAL: thewood1

Yes I know it was pointed out. It's still a game breaker. As JOhnnyr says, obviously we want the 3d, but also obviously we don't want to see unspotted enemies.

So if there isn't any way round it, the question is for the developers - are you seeking to address this?

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 5
RE: Tacview - 11/14/2019 4:47:25 PM   
AlGrant

The always on 'Gods Eye Mode' is the way Tacview works, not just with CMO but with all other games/sims that can use it.

Tacview is an optional 3rd party add-on. It's not needed to play CMO so it's hardly a game breaker!

Some form of Fog Of War would be great but not everybody will purchase/use Tacview.
The CMO Dev team can't force changes in Tacview's features so they'd have to figure out how to get CMO to make it do something it's not designed to do.

I'd rather have the release NOW !

< Message edited by AlGrant -- 11/14/2019 4:49:15 PM >

GOD'S EYE DISABLED.

(in reply to Majick)
Post #: 6
RE: Tacview - 11/14/2019 4:50:21 PM   
JOhnnyr

quote:

ORIGINAL: AlGrant

The always on 'Gods Eye Mode' is the way Tacview works, not just with CMO but with all other games/sims that can use it.

Tacview is an optional 3rd party add-on. It's not needed to play CMO so it's hardly a game breaker!

Some form of Fog Of War would be great but not everybody will purchase/use Tacview.
The CMO Dev team can't force changes in Tacview's features so they'd have to figure out how to get CMO to make it do something it's not designed to do.

I'd rather have the release NOW !

It's a gamebreaker for those of us that are trying to play CMO as a game...

< Message edited by JOhnnyr -- 11/14/2019 4:51:24 PM >

(in reply to AlGrant)
Post #: 7
RE: Tacview - 11/14/2019 4:55:15 PM   
Majick

OK just to be clear......

I'm not asking the CMO team to wave some magic wand and change how it works now. I'm asking if they have plans to address it. That might even include talking to the Tacview developers, perish the thought.

Is that really a lot to ask?

It's a question for the developers, I'm not trying to troll the forum into a war between fanboys and haters.

EDIT. PS. not wanting to solutionise here but it seems logical that if CMO doesn't send data about an asset to Tacview, then Tacview is going to struggle to show it, so on the face of it I'd be suprised if it couldn't be solved at the CMO end....

< Message edited by Majick -- 11/14/2019 5:08:58 PM >

(in reply to JOhnnyr)
Post #: 8
RE: Tacview - 11/14/2019 5:06:53 PM   
AlGrant

quote:

ORIGINAL: Majick

OK just to be clear......

I'm not asking the CMO team to wave some magic wand and change how it works now. I'm asking if they have plans to address it. That might even include talking to the Tacview developers, perish the thought.

Is that really a lot to ask?

It's a question for the developers, I'm not trying to troll the forum into a war between fanboys and haters.

I understand that and I'm with you in the view that FOW would be good .... all I'm saying is that it's not a game-breaker.

Playing CMO without an optional 3rd party add-on ..... or just being restricted to the way that add-on works - doesn't mean CMO (or Tacview) are broken!

GOD'S EYE DISABLED.

(in reply to Majick)
Post #: 9
RE: Tacview - 11/14/2019 5:08:45 PM   
Darren_H_slith

I would suspect that if enough of us vote with our wallet, we would get FOW soon enough.

(in reply to AlGrant)
Post #: 10
RE: Tacview - 11/14/2019 5:12:47 PM   
MirabelleBenou

Hello !

If there is a lot of demand and if players really like the Tacview integration, the Dev Team will look to add a Fog Of War. Indeed, there is a lot of work here to implement it, and they need to be sure that it's a real wanted one.

Feel free to add your comment about it in the "features request" topik :-)
Thanks !

(in reply to Majick)
Post #: 11
RE: Tacview - 11/14/2019 5:18:38 PM   
Majick

Ah cool thats good to hear, thanks Mirabelle.

(in reply to MirabelleBenou)
Post #: 12
RE: Tacview - 11/14/2019 5:20:39 PM   
Sharana

Put your vote here:
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4709794

With enough votes it will be easier to see what players want more. I would personally like FoW in Tacview, yet I prefer if they worked on the AMP first as it's actually more important.

(in reply to MirabelleBenou)
Post #: 13
RE: Tacview - 11/14/2019 5:35:04 PM   
serjames

+1 for FOW. It's just stopped me from dropping the £40 notes. No Point in having Tacview if it can't be used in game imo. The Editor God's eye view already gives me enough to analyse post operaion or post strike. I was looking forward to playing in real time with a 3d Option, so a little sad right now.

SJ

(in reply to Sharana)
Post #: 14
RE: Tacview - 11/14/2019 5:49:42 PM   
76mm

I'm not sure what TacView was developed for, but even if developed for strictly AAR purposes, etc, hard to understand why FoW was not built in from the beginning. I agree that there is not much point in playing with TacView w/o FoW.

(in reply to serjames)
Post #: 15
RE: Tacview - 11/14/2019 5:51:00 PM   
Majick

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sharana

Put your vote here:
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4709794

With enough votes it will be easier to see what players want more. I would personally like FoW in Tacview, yet I prefer if they worked on the AMP first as it's actually more important.

Nice one Sharana, thanks

(in reply to Sharana)
Post #: 16
RE: Tacview - 11/14/2019 6:07:46 PM   
stolowski

I'm glad I've stumbled upon this thread.. I was considering purchasing Tacview in near future and took FOW for granted... The fact it doesn't have it is shocking (and definitely a showstopper for me). I think it would be kinda OK if Tacview was usable for after-action analysis of recorded games, but as far as I understand such functionality is not available for regular users (required Tacview Enterprise?) and the app is only usable as a live view for an ongoing game... Anyway, I hope it will get improved over time.

(PS. Anyway, I'm not too bothered by this, CMO is fantastic as is, I love all the improvements!).

< Message edited by stolowski -- 11/14/2019 6:17:48 PM >

(in reply to Majick)
Post #: 17
RE: Tacview - 11/14/2019 6:07:56 PM   
MirabelleBenou

quote:

ORIGINAL: 76mm

I'm not sure what TacView was developed for, but even if developed for strictly AAR purposes, etc, hard to understand why FoW was not built in from the beginning. I agree that there is not much point in playing with TacView w/o FoW.

Tacview integration was a PE request. That's really nice to have it for our edition :)

Do not forget that Tacview is 3rd party software.

< Message edited by MirabelleBenou -- 11/14/2019 6:09:04 PM >

(in reply to 76mm)
Post #: 18
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tacview Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI