Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[Awaiting Feedback] Tacview-3D view not working for me

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [Awaiting Feedback] Tacview-3D view not working for me Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[Awaiting Feedback] Tacview-3D view not working for me - 11/14/2019 4:13:52 PM   
sfbaytf

I tried to get into 3D view but when I do I get the following error message:

You have not specified the path to the tacview executable or the path you have provided appears to be invalid! Please provide a valid path to the Tacview executable.

The version I purchased was from Matrix direct. I used the 50% coupon. I see that steam user have an option to buy tacview separately. Will I have to by tacview separately from Steam? I don't see a separate purchase of tacview on the Matrix website.

BTW: I changed the default install location to my D drive

< Message edited by apache85 -- 12/3/2019 12:57:12 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Tacview-3D view not working for me - 11/14/2019 4:28:45 PM   
Bandura1

Tacview is the last version?

(in reply to sfbaytf)
Post #: 2
RE: Tacview-3D view not working for me - 11/14/2019 4:31:21 PM   
Dimitris

quote:

ORIGINAL: sfbaytf

You have not specified the path to the tacview executable or the path you have provided appears to be invalid! Please provide a valid path to the Tacview executable.

The version I purchased was from Matrix direct. I used the 50% coupon. I see that steam user have an option to buy tacview separately. Will I have to by tacview separately from Steam? I don't see a separate purchase of tacview on the Matrix website.

Hi,

This is as designed; CMO doesn't know where you installed Tacview, so it is asking you to point it to the Tacview executable.

Using the file-dialog that it presents you (after you click OK on the above message), navigate to the Tacview installation folder and select the appropriate exe. It should then work as expected.

Please let us know!

(in reply to sfbaytf)
Post #: 3
RE: Tacview-3D view not working for me - 11/14/2019 4:32:26 PM   
sfbaytf

I see on the Steam store the option to buy Tacview Standard for $27.99, Tacview Advanced Upgrade Bundle for $70.54. So it would seem you do have to buy separately. Question is if you bought directly from Matrix at 50% off and you by the tacview DLCs from Steam will it work?

its a bit confusing. Seem like it would have been better to just buy from Steam directly...

(in reply to Bandura1)
Post #: 4
RE: Tacview-3D view not working for me - 11/14/2019 4:36:04 PM   
sfbaytf

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dimitris

quote:

Hi,

This is as designed; CMO doesn't know where you installed Tacview, so it is asking you to point it to the Tacview executable.

Using the file-dialog that it presents you (after you click OK on the above message), navigate to the Tacview installation folder and select the appropriate exe. It should then work as expected.

Please let us know!

I don't see any tacview folders...do I have to buy separately on Steam?

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 5
RE: Tacview-3D view not working for me - 11/14/2019 4:37:59 PM   
Dimitris

quote:

Yes, either on Steam or directly from Tacview's website.

(Yes, we tried very hard to do a bundling deal that would make it possible to include Tacview in the CMO installation. It just didn't happen.)

(in reply to sfbaytf)
Post #: 6
RE: Tacview-3D view not working for me - 11/14/2019 4:41:47 PM   
sfbaytf

quote:

quote:

(Yes, we tried very hard to do a bundling deal that would make it possible to include Tacview in the CMO installation. It just didn't happen.)

Ok...another $70 bones...so long as the Steam DLC version works with the version directly downloaded from Matrix...

Good thing I don't have a wife to answer to.

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 7
RE: Tacview-3D view not working for me - 11/14/2019 4:44:32 PM   
Dimitris

Actually you can get the free version (of Tacview) and the advanced features will be enabled for 3 weeks (trial). Only after this period do you have to purchase the advanced edition.

(in reply to sfbaytf)
Post #: 8
RE: Tacview-3D view not working for me - 11/14/2019 4:53:08 PM   
sfbaytf

quote:

Actually you can get the free version (of Tacview) and the advanced features will be enabled for 3 weeks (trial). Only after this period do you have to purchase the advanced edition.

I see the free version on Tacviews website-if you buy the standard and advanced version directly its more than the bundle on steam as there is no discount. The bundle on Steam for both Tacview Standard and Advance is $70. Buying directly form tacview it comes to $97.

The Steam version is at a discounted rate for the Standard/Advanced bundle. I'm fine purchasing that-but I have the direct from Matrix version of CMO installed and I'd like to know will buying the Steam version work flawlessly with the install version direct from Matrix or am I better off buying directly from Tacviews website.

The way Steam works is you're online or start Steam in offline mode. Since CMO was not installed under Steam it may get wonky.

< Message edited by sfbaytf -- 11/14/2019 5:03:17 PM >

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 9
RE: Tacview-3D view not working for me - 11/14/2019 5:16:36 PM   
Dimitris

You can simply get the free edition directly from the Tacview site: https://www.tacview.net/product/en/

(in reply to sfbaytf)
Post #: 10
RE: Tacview-3D view not working for me - 11/14/2019 5:22:32 PM   
sfbaytf

After more research it looks like buying Tacview Advanced directly from Tacview its $69 and includes all the features of the Starter and Standard versions so you don't have to buy them separately.

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 11
RE: Tacview-3D view not working for me - 11/14/2019 10:49:10 PM   
ETF

Wow this is very confusing........War in the Pacific Admiral edition with all its add-ons and maps much easier to install :) :)

My Top Matrix Games 1) CMO MP?? 2) WITP/AE 3) SOW 4) Armor Brigade 5) FlashPoint

Twitter
https://twitter.com/TacticWargamer

(in reply to sfbaytf)
Post #: 12
RE: Tacview-3D view not working for me - 11/14/2019 11:13:16 PM   
ultradave

quote:

ORIGINAL: ETF

Wow this is very confusing........War in the Pacific Admiral edition with all its add-ons and maps much easier to install :) :)

Really? I ran the installer, input my CMO license, all the DLC were already listed licensed, copied over my saved games and the Community pack. Done. Everything worked. (I don't intend to get Tacview)

----------------
Dave A.
"When the Boogeyman goes to sleep he checks his closet for paratroopers"

(in reply to ETF)
Post #: 13
RE: Tacview-3D view not working for me - 11/15/2019 4:49:14 AM   
ProdigyofMilitaryPride

I tried changing the path to a valid one, but it wouldn't appear at all. Not sure how many more were affected by this. (FYI, I bought the CMO and Tacview bundle on Steam)

< Message edited by ProdigyofMilitaryPride -- 11/15/2019 6:13:31 AM >

"The courageous must protect freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower
"Anything built by human hands can be destroyed. This is no exception." - Kei "Edge" Nagase, Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War

(in reply to ultradave)
Post #: 14
RE: Tacview-3D view not working for me - 11/15/2019 1:03:23 PM   
Dabo

quote:

Ok...another $70 bones...so long as the Steam DLC version works with the version directly downloaded from Matrix...

There's a bundle on Steam (CMO+Tacviev) at about 70 € (if you already own CMANO)

< Message edited by Dabo -- 11/15/2019 1:04:49 PM >

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 15
RE: Tacview-3D view not working for me - 11/15/2019 4:10:11 PM   
mavfin

quote:

quote:

quote:

1) Register your Matrix CMO version on Steam
2) Bundle with CMO+Tacview Advanced on Steam will recognize you already have CMO and will allow you to get 25% discount on Tacview.

Including I-own-CMANO 50% discount, I paid about $90 for $150 of software.

(in reply to sfbaytf)
Post #: 16
RE: Tacview-3D view not working for me - 11/15/2019 4:12:07 PM   
mavfin

quote:

ORIGINAL: ProdigyofMilitaryPride

I tried changing the path to a valid one, but it wouldn't appear at all. Not sure how many more were affected by this. (FYI, I bought the CMO and Tacview bundle on Steam)

I run CMO from my D: drive (C: is SSD), and both games are on Steam. No issues. Browsed to the Tacview_64.exe in the Steam library folder on D:.

However, I did have to launch Tacview Advanced alone from Steam once, to get prereq check, then it was fine.

(in reply to ProdigyofMilitaryPride)
Post #: 17
RE: Tacview-3D view not working for me - 12/1/2019 1:43:59 PM   
Dimitris

Is there still an issue on this?

(in reply to mavfin)
Post #: 18
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [Awaiting Feedback] Tacview-3D view not working for me Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI