Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Unit pictures

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> RE: Unit pictures Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Unit pictures - 11/15/2019 11:09:42 PM   
michaelm75au

http://www.warfaresims.com/?page_id=1876

Michael

(in reply to MemoryLeak)
Post #: 31
RE: Unit pictures - 11/15/2019 11:11:28 PM   
thewood1

Right at the top of the pinned topics. The one with "Database Images & Descriptions" in the title.

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3441939

(in reply to MemoryLeak)
Post #: 32
RE: Unit pictures - 11/16/2019 12:14:25 AM   
MemoryLeak

Thanks, I had already found and downloaded that one. Sorry, I misinterpreted his posting to mean there was one I needed to purchase as an add-on.

If you want to make GOD laugh, tell him your future plans

USS Long Beach CGN-9
RM2 1969-1973

(in reply to MemoryLeak)
Post #: 33
RE: Unit pictures - 11/16/2019 8:54:54 AM   
Dimitris

quote:

ORIGINAL: MemoryLeak

I'm a little lost here.
quote:

'Database Images & Descriptions Add-ons' package
. Where would I find that add-on? I looked in Matrix store but couldn't find it.

It's available here, among other material: http://www.warfaresims.com/?page_id=1876

(in reply to MemoryLeak)
Post #: 34
RE: Unit pictures - 11/16/2019 12:38:50 PM   
serjames

Can I presume that the new CMO system will now maintain and update images and descriptions automatically ?

E.g. I have migrated all my CMANO files across to the new DB structure in CMO. Will modifications you chaps make be automatically pulled down? Will this only happen for active tracks? e.g. platforms or weapons that are currently in a scenario being actively played ?

Great job integrating btw.... BZ

(in reply to MemoryLeak)
Post #: 35
RE: Unit pictures - 11/16/2019 8:20:42 PM   
PaulWRoberts

I've only played a little bit, but I almost immediately ran into a mixup in the descriptions.

For the AMRAAMs in the flight tutorials (#718 AIM-120 C-7 AMRAAM), the descriptive text actually describes the HAWK surface to air m missile.

This is true both before and after I added the downloadable Descriptions files.

(in reply to serjames)
Post #: 36
RE: Unit pictures - 11/16/2019 8:51:50 PM   
thewood1

The Hawk, for some reason, shows up in some missing descriptions. It's been like that since 1.0 in 2013. It really means there is no description available. Not sure why its not blank, but its an issue for the community-maintained description project.

(in reply to PaulWRoberts)
Post #: 37
RE: Unit pictures - 11/16/2019 9:11:54 PM   
PaulWRoberts

quote:

ORIGINAL: thewood1

The Hawk, for some reason, shows up in some missing descriptions. It's been like that since 1.0 in 2013. It really means there is no description available. Not sure why its not blank, but its an issue for the community-maintained description project.

Ah, OK. Thanks for the info.

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 38
RE: Unit pictures - 11/16/2019 9:20:41 PM   
CV60

quote:

've only played a little bit, but I almost immediately ran into a mixup in the descriptions.

For the AMRAAMs in the flight tutorials (#718 AIM-120 C-7 AMRAAM), the descriptive text actually describes the HAWK surface to air m missile.

This is true both before and after I added the downloadable Descriptions files.

Thanks. I've been killing the various Hawk descriptions and images that pop up in the wrong places for several years now. If you see any more, PM me, and I'll get them eliminated from the database.

(in reply to PaulWRoberts)
Post #: 39
RE: Unit pictures - 11/16/2019 10:16:21 PM   
stilesw

quote:

Thanks. I've been killing the various Hawk descriptions and images that pop up in the wrong places for several years now. If you see any more, PM me, and I'll get them eliminated from the database.

Hi CV60,

I just checked the DB3K database and do not see the issue there. Can you be more specific in case it is something that I need to address.

Thanks,

-Wayne

“There is no limit to what a man can do so long as he does not care a straw who gets the credit for it.”

Charles Edward Montague, English novelist and essayist
~Disenchantment, ch. 15 (1922)

(in reply to CV60)
Post #: 40
RE: Unit pictures - 11/17/2019 1:48:40 AM   
JamesHunt

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dragnaath

Is there a preferred way to install community image packs into CMO?

I would like to keep updated images in CMO and supplement platforms that have no images from the Community Pack?

Thx

copy, paste, and do not overwrite

(in reply to Dragnaath)
Post #: 41
RE: Unit pictures - 11/17/2019 8:49:19 AM   
Dimitris

quote:

I'm a little lost here.
quote:

'Database Images & Descriptions Add-ons' package
. Where would I find that add-on? I looked in Matrix store but couldn't find it.

Here: http://www.warfaresims.com/?page_id=1876

(in reply to MemoryLeak)
Post #: 42
RE: Unit pictures - 11/17/2019 11:28:29 AM   
CV60

quote:

Hi CV60,

I just checked the DB3K database and do not see the issue there. Can you be more specific in case it is something that I need to address.

Thanks,

-Wayne

Yeah, I think I killed the last of them in the 30 September 2019 update, but if anyone sees any Hawk images or descriptions attached to weapons that arent Hawks, let me know.

(in reply to stilesw)
Post #: 43
RE: Unit pictures - 11/17/2019 5:13:35 PM   
apd1004

quote:

ORIGINAL: CV60

Myself and kgambit are the team that do the images and database descriptions. If you have the most current (30 September 2019) images in CMANO, you can simply move them over to your Command Modern Operations/DB/Images folder. Be sure to put them in the corresponding CWDB or DB3000 folder. Not all units have images, but Kgambit and I will continue to update and add to the image and description packages for the foreseeable future.

Hi CV60, nice to see the database project is still ongoing. I've been away from CMANO for several years now but just picked up CMO and am looking forward to diving into it again.

Cheers

apd1004

(in reply to CV60)
Post #: 44
RE: Unit pictures - 11/17/2019 5:39:47 PM   
CV60

quote:

Hi CV60, nice to see the database project is still ongoing. I've been away from CMANO for several years now but just picked up CMO and am looking forward to diving into it again.

Cheers

Yep, we are still going. We are publishing updates 3-4 times a year. We'll try to get one out around the first of the year. Mostly photos, but I'm still writing description files, primarily aimed at weapons and SAM facilities and radars.

(in reply to apd1004)
Post #: 45
RE: Unit pictures - 11/17/2019 7:03:07 PM   
tjhkkr

quote:

ORIGINAL: CV60
quote:

Cheers

Yep, we are still going. We are publishing updates 3-4 times a year. We'll try to get one out around the first of the year. Mostly photos, but I'm still writing description files, primarily aimed at weapons and SAM facilities and radars.

Thank you for your work CV60

Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.

(in reply to CV60)
Post #: 46
RE: Unit pictures - 11/17/2019 9:28:41 PM   
MemoryLeak

I know this is going to sound dumb to some but I just don't understand what I'm suppose to do. I am 71 and I'm asking for a little patience.
I downloaded the following three files:
CWDB_2019_09.ZIP
DB3000_2019_09.ZIP
Descriptions_2019_09.ZIP

Do I delete the two directories CWDB and DB3000 and replace them with the new ZIP files? or do I unzip the contents
and copy them into the folders with the same names. And what about the descriptions ZIP files? Where does it go?

I know this is pretty basic to most of you but I don't know if the ZIP files are supplements or replacements.

USS Long Beach CGN-9
RM2 1969-1973

(in reply to tjhkkr)
Post #: 47
RE: Unit pictures - 11/17/2019 11:02:58 PM   
KnightHawk75

quote:

I know this is going to sound dumb to some but I just don't understand what I'm suppose to do. I am 71 and I'm asking for a little patience.
I downloaded the following three files:
CWDB_2019_09.ZIP
DB3000_2019_09.ZIP
Descriptions_2019_09.ZIP

Do I delete the two directories CWDB and DB3000 and replace them with the new ZIP files? or do I unzip the contents
and copy them into the folders with the same names. And what about the descriptions ZIP files? Where does it go?

I know this is pretty basic to most of you but I don't know if the ZIP files are supplements or replacements.

No need to delete what's there (can if you want), just copy over whats in the zips to the existing locations (DB\Images\CWDB, \DB\Images\DB3000). If you get any conflicts about existing files can probably overwrite anything predating 11/2019 (or everything), that is if there are conflicts at all to begin with.

The Descriptions go to the respective DB\Descriptions\CWDB and DB\Descriptions\DB3000 folders.
Hope that helps.

(in reply to MemoryLeak)
Post #: 48
RE: Unit pictures - 11/18/2019 12:26:27 AM   
CV60

MemoryLeak-No problem about being old. I'm getting there myself. If you open the zip files, there is a "README" .txt file that gives step by step instructions. For your reference, here are the appropriate instructions copied from the README for the DB3000 images. The CWDB images and description files will be similar, with only the file locations changing:

INSTRUCTIONS:

1. If you want the latest, most complete version of the Primary images, and you don't mind downloading +2.6 GB of photos, then download the "DB3000 Primary Image Master" file AND the "CWDB Primary Image Master file." These files eliminate erroneous primary image files, as well as incorporate better quality or more accurate primary images. If you take this option, then follow the steps below to install these images:

a) Delete your existing images. Assuming you installed your CMANO game in the default location, this should be located at:

"C:\Matrix Games\Command Modern Air Naval Operations\DB\Images\CWDB"
and
"C:\Matrix Games\Command Modern Air Naval Operations\DB\Images\DB3000"

Note that if you have the Steam version of the game, this location will be \SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Command - Modern Operations\DB\Images\DB3000

I recommend that you simply delete your existing image files instead of doing an overwrite. Only after deleting your existing CWDB and DB3000 image files install this file. This deletion is important, as the revised image file eliminates several errors in the images and naming conventions. By not deleting the existing image files, the incorrect files may remain on the system.

b) Transfer the images. Simply place the CWDB images in the "C:\Matrix Games\Command Modern Air Naval Operations\DB\Images\CWDB" folder, and the DB3000 images in the "C:\Matrix Games\Command Modern Air Naval Operations\DB\Images\DB3000" folder.

2. Secondary Images: A minor set of additions to the "Secondary Images" file is available for download. See the Warfare Sims webpage for information.

3. Description Files: A minor set of additions to the "Description Files" file is included in this download. Delete the existing files in the "C:\Matrix Games\Command Modern Air Naval Operations\DB\Descriptions\CWDB"
and
"C:\Matrix Games\Command Modern Air Naval Operations\DB\Descriptions\DB3000"

and replace them with the CWDB and DB 3000 description files contained in this download.

(in reply to MemoryLeak)
Post #: 49
RE: Unit pictures - 11/18/2019 3:47:52 AM   
MemoryLeak

I want to thank KnightHawk75 and CV60 for the help they provided. Very detailed instructions and info from them. I do need to make one clarification.
I have both CMANO and CMO direct from Matrix. CV60 you referred to CMANO in your instructions. Are the two games' databases shared
and installing the DB files in CMANO also corrects and updates CMO with the one action or do I need to perform all the steps for each individual game?

USS Long Beach CGN-9
RM2 1969-1973

(in reply to CV60)
Post #: 50
RE: Unit pictures - 11/18/2019 2:09:46 PM   
AntoneT

You would have to do the update for each individual game.

(in reply to MemoryLeak)
Post #: 51
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> RE: Unit pictures Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI