Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Another Scenario Editor ?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Another Scenario Editor ? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Another Scenario Editor ? - 11/11/2019 10:29:56 PM   
donform

Previously I reached out with questions about the editor and the replies were very helpful, so I'm reaching out again. I have just completed my first "from scratch" scenario. Everything seems to work as it should and so far it is enjoyable. However, I do have one issue that I haven't found the answer to in the manual(although it may be there) and hopefully some one can answer it for me. My question is as follows, when I destroy an enemy target, no matter what type and although the target is listed under "losses", I never receive any points for destroying said targets, what can I do to rectify this?
Post #: 1
RE: Another Scenario Editor ? - 11/11/2019 10:55:12 PM   
Gunner98

Victory points are very subjective and flexible. You need to set up an event for this and the sky is the limit on how you do it. The event editor is very easy to use and once you get used to it, quite intuitive. You may want to go to another scenario and open up the three (four if you want special actions) dialogs, follow these steps:

1. Set up an action: An action can be any number of things, including Lua actions, but in this case you want to set it for points: Open the Action dialog and the drop down at the bottom and select points. Default is positive, add a minus sign for negative. Early in a scenario design I usually decide on a scale and set up a bunch of simple point actions.

2. Set up a trigger: Open the Trigger dialog and select a "unit destroyed. Trigger, narrow the drop down menus to exactly the unit or leave them wide open to any aircraft or any ship etc.

3. Set up an Event. Open the event dialog and setup a new event. Select your trigger and your action, save and your done.

Test and it should work.

this is a bit of work but the flexibility it gives you is worth it.

B

Check out our novel, Northern Fury: H-Hour!: http://northernfury.us/
And our blog: http://northernfury.us/blog/post2/
Twitter: @NorthernFury94 or Facebook https://www.facebook.com/northernfury/

(in reply to donform)
Post #: 2
RE: Another Scenario Editor ? - 11/13/2019 12:57:11 AM   
donform

Thank you Gunner, I will try it out and let you know.

(in reply to Gunner98)
Post #: 3
RE: Another Scenario Editor ? - 11/15/2019 2:58:15 PM   
donform

Gunner - Thanks for your help. It is somewhat cumbersome but after some playing around with it for a while I was able to do what I wanted to with it. Although it has a somewhat high learning curve I can see why with as powerful as this feature is. Now I have been able to create my own fully functioning scenario and am enjoying the game even more.

(in reply to donform)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Another Scenario Editor ? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI