Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Differences.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Armored Brigade >> Differences. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Differences. - 11/7/2019 8:47:32 PM   
stormbringer3

I'm considering a purchase of this game. What are the major differences between this and Flashpoint Campaigns Red Storm which I bought a few years ago?
Thanks for any opinions.
Post #: 1
RE: Differences. - 11/7/2019 8:58:32 PM   
blackcloud6

Scale is different. FP campaigns is a platoon based game whereas AB has individual vehicles and infantry squads/sections.

(in reply to stormbringer3)
Post #: 2
RE: Differences. - 11/7/2019 10:04:56 PM   
CCIP-subsim

They're really different games. AB is a real-time, lower-level tactical game - it's probably most similar to Close Combat type games, except played on maps that can get pretty massive (15.25x15.25km) in size, and does not rely on much of anything pre-scripted - whereas Flashpoint Campaigns goes into a bit more depth with setting up its scenarios by design, AB's approach is more "your force is on this side, their force is on that side, here's some objectives, go!". It's a much more "what you see is what you get" kind of game, as opposed to Flashpoint Campaigns which requires you to do a bit more interpreting of the info you're getting on your own and enemy units.
The nice thing about AB is that it's pretty versatile and sandbox-y, in the sense that you can throw pretty much any kind of units at pretty much any kind of map, and it'll do an adequate job of fighting that battle with minimal effort to set it all up (just a couple of minutes picking options in the scenario or campaign generator). And if you've played games like Close Combat, Combat Mission, and the likes - the controls and way of playing the game will feel pretty familiar. The scale and pace of AB is totally different from those, but how you control units and get things done feels very similar, so it's not hard to get into.
Otherwise, Flashpoint Campaigns is a more complex, more hands-off kind of "command simulation" game with a complex asynchronous turn system, whereas AB is more of a hands-on real-time tactics game.

(in reply to blackcloud6)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Armored Brigade >> Differences. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI