One great aspect of Armored Brigade is that when playing the Soviets, if you use Soviet doctrine, fight the Soviets as they were intended to be used, you can be successful.
Here's some things that work that was really how the Soviets intended to fight:
1. Stay in march formation as long as possible. Moving the company sized elements toward the objective quickly works.
2. Deploy in line or echelon line (depending on terrain) when contact is made in other to mass fire power.
3. Mass direct fires forward.
4. Artillery Artillery Artillery
5. To take an objective, move to it rapidly in march, deploy into line/echelon line at a covered position, if possible, and then use the fast command to rapidly move to the objective. Stop if you need to mass firepower then get moving again. When at the Objective move through it using the contact command. Have tanks and Motorized Infantry attack the objective together.
6. Use ATGM carrier in overwatch.
7. Fight in echelon, this can overwhelm a defender.
8. Casualties schmasualties. There are more T-72s coming.... (but, game wise, keep an eye on the casualty thermometer)
The whole Soviet concept was rapid movement, massing of the attack, penetration and rapid exploitation without regard to flanks.
Do this for the Motherland and spread the great proletariat revolution throughout the decadent West!