Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Soviet Doctrine

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Armored Brigade >> Soviet Doctrine Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Soviet Doctrine - 11/7/2019 1:06:27 PM   
blackcloud6

One great aspect of Armored Brigade is that when playing the Soviets, if you use Soviet doctrine, fight the Soviets as they were intended to be used, you can be successful.

Here's some things that work that was really how the Soviets intended to fight:

1. Stay in march formation as long as possible. Moving the company sized elements toward the objective quickly works.

2. Deploy in line or echelon line (depending on terrain) when contact is made in other to mass fire power.

3. Mass direct fires forward.

4. Artillery Artillery Artillery

5. To take an objective, move to it rapidly in march, deploy into line/echelon line at a covered position, if possible, and then use the fast command to rapidly move to the objective. Stop if you need to mass firepower then get moving again. When at the Objective move through it using the contact command. Have tanks and Motorized Infantry attack the objective together.

6. Use ATGM carrier in overwatch.

7. Fight in echelon, this can overwhelm a defender.

8. Casualties schmasualties. There are more T-72s coming.... (but, game wise, keep an eye on the casualty thermometer)

The whole Soviet concept was rapid movement, massing of the attack, penetration and rapid exploitation without regard to flanks.

Do this for the Motherland and spread the great proletariat revolution throughout the decadent West!
Post #: 1
RE: Soviet Doctrine - 11/7/2019 2:49:37 PM   
TitaniumTrout

I just did a defensive scenario, circa 1965 with US Infantry. Only AT they had was squad based weapons and two pairs of 106mm recoilless rifles. Those 106mm's thoroughly wrecked the T-55's and APC's. Except then the 2nd wave came while the surviving infantry from the 1st wave knocked out my RR's. At that point it was over. Not sure how my unit, even defending and with a 50% point deficit, could compete.

(in reply to blackcloud6)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Armored Brigade >> Soviet Doctrine Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI