Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

T32 Empire Attacks Pangani

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> After Action Reports >> T32 Empire Attacks Pangani Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
T32 Empire Attacks Pangani - 12/26/2019 3:28:28 PM   
rhinobones

The Eastern Legion finds few Leftist units defending S of the Pangani capital. The plan is to move N and take Pangani out of the fight.

Attachment (1)

Colin Wright:
Comprehensive Wishlist Forum #467 . . . The Norm (blessed be His name, genuflect three times and accept all values in the program as revealed truth)

Pre Combat Air Strikes # 64 . . . I need have no concern about keeping it civil

(in reply to rhinobones)
Post #: 121
T32 Artillery - 12/26/2019 3:29:49 PM   
rhinobones

Artillery units have a different mix of heavy guns but are about equal in total hitting power. Both have a maximum range of 2 and 3 hex ranges. Lighter artillery is kept as organic to the line units.

Attachment (1)

Colin Wright:
Comprehensive Wishlist Forum #467 . . . The Norm (blessed be His name, genuflect three times and accept all values in the program as revealed truth)

(in reply to rhinobones)
Post #: 122
Turns 33 and 34 - 12/27/2019 3:13:51 PM   
rhinobones

Empire – Turn 33

Theater Options: The Empire activates the TO for increasing the spy network. This will increase reconnaissance capability of enemy units. Supply cost is 4 points.

Variable initiative returns first move to the Empire.

In Pangani the Eastern Legion continues the drive N towards capital Pangani. So far little resistance is met. Their available supply is low so it is imperative that the big Pangani capital city supply center be captured.

A little to the E reconstituted Kongwa units have been hiding from the Leftist patrols. It is now time for these units to breakout and cause as much chaos as possible. Objective is to draw Leftist resources away from Pangani.

Along the Sair Usa front Imperial troops make a series of concentrated attacks, some having good effect.

Force Supply: 20 Effective Supply: 27

Leftist – Turn 33

Theater Options: Leftist use their option to negotiate a cease fire.

The Leftist positions in the center, Kongwa and Pangani are not yet desperate, but it is evident that in a few weeks Pangani will probably be knocked out of the war and the center will collapse. This will leave the Sair Usa front vulnerable to assault from the rear. The Leftist hope that a negotiated cease fire will leave them with enough war material to resume the fight at a later date.

To impress the Empire that they are serious, Leftist forces do not conduct any offensive actions and all ships sail to port. Where possible, units separate from the Imperial units and create a no fire zone. They now wait to hear the Empire’s response to the cease fire offer.

Force Supply: 40 Effective Supply: 48

Empire – Turn 34

News: The Empire receives the offer to negotiate a cease fire and ponders the response.
News: Imperial railroad transport is reduced to 50%. The big R/R moves have already been made so this should have little impact on the war effort.

While the cease fire is debated Imperial forces continue to attack Leftist positions. They attempt to turn the flanks along the Sair Usa front, continue the encirclement in the center and move toward Pangani. The war continues for the Imperial army.

Force Supply: 16 Effective Supply: 23

Leftist – Turn 34

News: Leftist Sea Transport is reduced to 40%. The Leftist are not really in position to use ocean transport, but if they should want to make a move it will be limited in scope.

Leftist absorb the attacks and pull further away from the Imperial troops. High Command waits for the Empire’s answer to the offer of cease fire.

Force Supply: 40 Effective Supply: 49

Attachment (1)

Colin Wright:

(in reply to rhinobones)
Post #: 123
T34 News January 6th – 29th - 12/27/2019 3:17:02 PM   
rhinobones

Leftist used the “Negotiate Cease Fire” on turn 33 which appears to the Empire on turn 34. Other notable news events are the reductions of transportation due to submarine warfare and R/R interdiction.

Attachment (1)

Colin Wright:

(in reply to rhinobones)
Post #: 124
T33 Empire Attacks In The Center - 12/27/2019 3:18:29 PM   
rhinobones

Imperialist assault rail embarked Leftist and use enveloping maneuvers against the central forces.

Attachment (1)

Colin Wright:

(in reply to rhinobones)
Post #: 125
T33 Eastern Legion In Pangani - 12/27/2019 3:20:01 PM   
rhinobones

Eastern Legion lands in S Pangani and moves toward the capital. Leftist have minimal forces available to defend.

Attachment (1)

Colin Wright:

(in reply to rhinobones)
Post #: 126
T33 Imperial Units In Kongwa - 12/27/2019 3:22:03 PM   
rhinobones

Reconstituted and newly deployed units push the Leftist into capital Kongwa. The Empire will soon have the entire Kongwa force available to dominate this territory. Units not needed to hold Kongwa will be diverted to support the siege on Pangani.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by rhinobones -- 12/27/2019 3:23:15 PM >

Colin Wright:

(in reply to rhinobones)
Post #: 127
T33 Leftist Negotiate Cease Fire - 12/27/2019 3:25:56 PM   
rhinobones

The Theater Option used by Leftist to offer the cease fire.

Attachment (1)

Colin Wright:

(in reply to rhinobones)
Post #: 128
Turns 35 and 36 - 12/28/2019 2:00:46 PM   
rhinobones

Empire – 35

News: The Empire begins to draft old men and boys. This news indicates that the people eligible for military service is close to exhaustion. As a result, the replacement rate is reduced again.

Theater Option: An option is available to discontinue submarine warfare. Canceling will restore the supply used for submarine warfare to force supply.

In the center and Sair Usa Imperial forces continue their envelopment of Leftist units. Leftist units are trapped in Kongwa and capital Pangani is under assault. Leftist are giving very little resistance.

Force Supply: 16 Effective Supply: 22

Leftist – 35

News: Submarine warfare has reduced Leftist shipping to 25% of its initial capacity.

Theater Option: The option to activate the Slobodskoy volunteer force becomes available. This option comes too late to do any good.
Theater Option: The Leftist use the option to surrender.

The offer to unconditionally surrender is transmitted to the Empire.

Empire – 36

News: The Leftist offer to surrender is received.

Theater Option: The Empire uses the option to accept Leftist surrender.

Imperial troops dig-in and wait for the surrender to take effect. No attacks are committed.

Force Supply: 33 Effective Supply: 40
Supply increased by ceasing submarine warfare

Leftist – 36

Leftist forces accept that the cause is lost and remain in their trenches to wait out the last moments.

Attachment (1)

Colin Wright:

(in reply to rhinobones)
Post #: 129
T35 Leftist Offer To Surrender - 12/28/2019 2:02:30 PM   
rhinobones

The Leftist prior offer of a cease fire has not been accepted leaving surrender or continued warfare as the only options available. War will lead to defeat and destruction of the country, so surrender is the viable option. The TO for surrender is selected and transmitted to the Empire.

Attachment (1)

Colin Wright:

(in reply to rhinobones)
Post #: 130
T36 Empire Accepts Surrender - 12/28/2019 2:03:46 PM   
rhinobones

The Empire loves the smell of surrender and gladly accepts. The Empire had several options to choose from; Surrender, Negotiate Cease Fire, Accept Cease Fire or Accept Leftist Surrender.

Attachment (1)

Colin Wright:

(in reply to rhinobones)
Post #: 131
T36 Causalities - 12/28/2019 2:05:17 PM   
rhinobones

Selected causalities incurred up to the moment of surrender.

Attachment (1)

Colin Wright:

(in reply to rhinobones)
Post #: 132
T37 Les Rebelles se Rendent - 12/28/2019 2:07:22 PM   
rhinobones

Leftist – Turn 37

Terms are agreed upon and the rebels surrender unconditionally. The war has lasted a little over 9 months in which time there have been over 80,078 Leftist and 88,960 Imperial infantry causalities.

This concludes testing, updating and revision of the scenario. Thank you for reading. The full scenario package will be posted under the Mods and Scenarios thread for inclusion in the Grand Master List.

Regards, RhinoBones

Attachment (1)

Colin Wright:

(in reply to rhinobones)
Post #: 133
RE: T37 Les Rebelles se Rendent - 1/10/2020 7:18:12 AM   
StuccoFresco

Incredible how the early loss of the Leftists' Navy led to this: Empire's naval superiority led to the invasion of the enemy's main island and ultimately to their defeat despite suffering more losses. After all, the Leftists starts on islands and had one of the cities not join their cause, so keeping a strong navy should have been a priority.

In the end, the struggle at Sair Usa meant nothing.

(in reply to rhinobones)
Post #: 134
RE: T37 Les Rebelles se Rendent - 1/10/2020 9:15:46 PM   
rhinobones

quote:

ORIGINAL: StuccoFresco

Incredible how the early loss of the Leftists' Navy led to this: Empire's naval superiority led to the invasion of the enemy's main island and ultimately to their defeat despite suffering more losses. After all, the Leftists starts on islands and had one of the cities not join their cause, so keeping a strong navy should have been a priority.

In the end, the struggle at Sair Usa meant nothing.

Appreciate your analysis and I think you accurately identified the main contributor to the Leftist defeat. Loss of the heavy fleet units was purely accidental which gave the hot seat game the feel of a competitive match.

About a third of the time the scenario has a capitol city located on one of the islands. For games where the home capitols are both on the main land mass the war becomes a ground conflict and the navies have less influence on the battle. For this test it was good that Pangani controlled the rebels.

Regards

Colin Wright:

(in reply to StuccoFresco)
Post #: 135
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> After Action Reports >> T32 Empire Attacks Pangani Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI