Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

T11 Empire

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> After Action Reports >> T11 Empire Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
T11 Empire - 11/15/2019 11:51:23 AM   
rhinobones

Overview of the Imperial troop disposition. Units in the center are clearing roads and rails to the S. The troop buildup on the Sair Usa front is visible along the E coast

Attachment (1)

Colin Wright:
Comprehensive Wishlist Forum #467 . . . The Norm (blessed be His name, genuflect three times and accept all values in the program as revealed truth)

Pre Combat Air Strikes # 64 . . . I need have no concern about keeping it civil

(in reply to rhinobones)
Post #: 31
T12 Imperial Attacks - 11/15/2019 11:52:43 AM   
rhinobones

Imperial probes and attacks along the Sair Usa front are shown. The Empire still has limited intelligence on Leftist troop strength and disposition.

Attachment (1)

Colin Wright:
Comprehensive Wishlist Forum #467 . . . The Norm (blessed be His name, genuflect three times and accept all values in the program as revealed truth)

(in reply to rhinobones)
Post #: 32
T12 Leftist Sair Usa - 11/15/2019 11:54:30 AM   
rhinobones

Leftist troop strength is quite a bit more than expected by the Empire. Leftist are able to inflict losses on the Empire.

Attachment (1)

Colin Wright:

(in reply to rhinobones)
Post #: 33
T12 News Nov 6 - Nov 13 - 11/15/2019 11:56:27 AM   
rhinobones

News for Nov 6th thru Nov 13th.

Attachment (1)

Colin Wright:

(in reply to rhinobones)
Post #: 34
T12 Situation Briefing - 11/15/2019 11:58:09 AM   
rhinobones

T12 Situation Briefing. Note the resources available and force supply levels. All supply points used to activate TOs have not yet been deducted from the force supply levels.

Attachment (1)

Colin Wright:

(in reply to rhinobones)
Post #: 35
RE: Turns 10 thru 12 - 11/18/2019 10:49:36 AM   
StuccoFresco

The Empire seems to control a larger area, and with the Leftists having to ship a lot of troops from the islands to mainland, the early naval victory and unrestricted submarine warfare can deal a lot of damage to them. The rebels, however, have a stronger concentration of force at Sair Usa. If they manage to achieve a breakthrough there they could run up the eastern coast.

At least that's what I'd try to do: let the Empire overextend and try to achieve a big victory in a single area.

(in reply to rhinobones)
Post #: 36
RE: Turns 10 thru 12 - 11/18/2019 10:54:08 AM   
StuccoFresco

Wait, how does the LEftists hold so much VPs?

(in reply to StuccoFresco)
Post #: 37
Turn 13 - 11/18/2019 11:18:09 AM   
rhinobones

Empire - Turn 13

News: Replacement rate is increased

News: Kongwa rejects the Leftist and joins with the Empire. However, the Leftist have occupied most of the territory around Kongwa so only a single motor Bde, air units and the naval units are able to deploy. Air units deploy offshore on an island just S of Manyoni. Naval and air units escape N while the Motor Bde does the best it can to disrupt the Leftist.

The Motor Bde attacks Kongwa and captures the city.

Additional land forces move by rail from Dalan to the Liwate area.

Leftist – Turn 13

Kongwa siding with the Empire adds a new dimension of difficulty to the war. The lone Imperial unit occupying Kongwa requires immediate attention. The unit is surrounded using air drop units and a strong amphibious force is tasked to make a frontal attack. The attack is successful, Imperial Motor Bde eliminated.

The danger posed by an Imperial Kongwa is not over. Most of the Kongwa land units were unable to deploy due to their designated entry points being occupied by Leftist forces. Should the Empire be able to turn those entry points to Imperial territory, the Kongwa unit placed there will deploy. The problem for the Leftist is to prevent occupation of Kongwa territory.

On the Sair Usa front a mass attack is made against the center with elements flanking the enemy left flank. Assaults are successful resulting in penetration of the Imperial defenses and pinning some units against a small lake.

Attachment (1)

Colin Wright:

Post #: 38
T13 Imperial Kongwa Deployment - 11/18/2019 11:20:30 AM   
rhinobones

The reinforcement table shows the air, naval and land unit which were able to deploy. The Leftist effort to occupy potential entry points around Kongwa has denied valuable land forces to the Empire. The Empire is performing the same type of denial occupations around Geita and Undur Khan.

Attachment (1)

Colin Wright:

(in reply to rhinobones)
Post #: 39
T13 Kongwa Units Unable To Deploy - 11/18/2019 11:21:57 AM   
rhinobones

A total of 15 Kongwa land units have been prevented from deploying. Had they deployed the ability of Pangani to support the Leftist cause would have been seriously jeopardized. The Kongwa air and naval units will be able to escape N and support the Empire.

Attachment (1)

Colin Wright:

(in reply to rhinobones)
Post #: 40
T13 Leftist Assault on Kongwa - 11/18/2019 11:23:50 AM   
rhinobones

Shows the forces Leftist have rallied to kill the Imperial unit in Kongwa. Even with this unit eliminated any occupation of entry points by Imperial forces, or Imperial guerrillas, will permit Kongwa deployments.

Attachment (1)

Colin Wright:

(in reply to rhinobones)
Post #: 41
T13 Leftist Attacks - 11/18/2019 11:26:46 AM   
rhinobones

Leftist attacks along the Sair Usa front. By the end of the last round the Imperial forces are degraded, but still a viable defense.

Attachment (1)

Colin Wright:

(in reply to rhinobones)
Post #: 42
RE: Turns 10 thru 12 - 11/18/2019 12:37:10 PM   
rhinobones

quote:

ORIGINAL: StuccoFresco

The Empire seems to control a larger area, and with the Leftists having to ship a lot of troops from the islands to mainland, the early naval victory and unrestricted submarine warfare can deal a lot of damage to them. The rebels, however, have a stronger concentration of force at Sair Usa. If they manage to achieve a breakthrough there they could run up the eastern coast.

At least that's what I'd try to do: let the Empire overextend and try to achieve a big victory in a single area.

I agree with your strategy. The Leftist plan at Sair Usa is to fight their way North and knock Tszaq out of the war. The Empire has responded by piling reserves into the Sair Usa front and the battle has become a battle of attrition. Should the Leftist break through the Empire is working on a second line of defense along the minor river just North of the main defense. I think any breakthrough will come further to the West near the center of the continent.

The victory points you see have been revised for the released version. Each side is granted 5 victory points located in inaccessible hexes. These are the only victory points in the game. All changes to the victory levels will be due to loss penalties with victory levels calculated per the graphic below.

I expect that the path to victory will not be from loss penalties, but from the accumulation of resources (supply and replacements) and destruction of enemy resources. A winning strategy will give the commander an insurmountable advantage in material and troops. If the war becomes a stalemate or unwinnable, both sides will have Theater Options available to negotiate a cease fire or surrender outright. I don’t think many games will be played the full 104 turns.

Regards, RhinoBones

Attachment (1)

Colin Wright:

Post #: 43
RE: T12 Situation Briefing - 11/19/2019 7:06:30 AM   
StuccoFresco

But in this post it shows 109 friendly held objectives for the Leftists.

quote:

ORIGINAL: rhinobones

T12 Situation Briefing. Note the resources available and force supply levels. All supply points used to activate TOs have not yet been deducted from the force supply levels.

(in reply to rhinobones)
Post #: 44
RE: T12 Situation Briefing - 11/19/2019 1:04:26 PM   
rhinobones

The AAR is being played using an older version. That is why you see 109 victory points.

As the scenario is played changes are being made to the release version. Victory points are one of the things that has been changed. My post #43 was made using the newest version.

Regards, RhinoBones

Colin Wright:

Post #: 45
RE: T12 Situation Briefing - 11/20/2019 5:56:07 AM   
StuccoFresco

Aah now I understand.

(in reply to rhinobones)
Post #: 46
Turn 14 - 11/20/2019 12:44:43 PM   
rhinobones

Empire – Turn 14

News: A Recruitment Center has been occupied.

Positioning aircraft from E to the central area around Liwate; most are on air superiority and interdiction.

The Rebels have attacked all along the Sair Usa front and penetrated Imperial lines in multiple places. Reinforcements are rushed in by land and sea. Situation looks like the Empire will need to draw back and form a new line of defense.

Land units from the E and center are redeployed by rail in support of the Sair Usa front. A smaller force is shipped down from the N. Existing front-line units are deployed in a defensive line across the front. The plan is for these units to hold until the reinforcements are in place.

BB and CL task forces conduct airfield raids along the E coast. These attacks are successful, destroying a large number of Leftist aircraft.

Leftist – Turn 14

Leftist respond to the airfield attacks with air attacks on the battle fleet. It is disastrous with 63% of the aircraft lost. There is a real threat that the Empire will attempt an amphibious assault behind Leftist front lines. Troops are moved to guard the coastline.

BB/CA fleets were sent to engage the Imperialists but were destroyed by the enemy before they could engage.

Note: The Naval Attrition Divider will be changed from 20 to 75 in an attempt to tone down naval lethality.

Leftist conduct three rounds of assaults against the Imperial Usa line. Significant casualties are inflicted upon the Empire. The defense is weakening but for the most part holds.

Attachment (1)

Colin Wright:

(in reply to rhinobones)
Post #: 47
T14 Imperial Redeployment and Raids - 11/20/2019 12:47:27 PM   
rhinobones

Empire redeploys troops along the Sair Usa front to slow Leftist advances until reinforcements arrive. Most units are dug-in and set to ignore losses.

S of the main line, Imperial naval units conduct two attacks on Leftist airfields.

Attachment (1)

Colin Wright:

(in reply to rhinobones)
Post #: 48
T14 Leftist Attacks - 11/20/2019 12:48:39 PM   
rhinobones

Attacks for the Leftist 1st round. 2nd and 3rd rounds exploited holes and weak spots in the defense. The Empire experienced significant armored unit losses.

Attachment (1)

Colin Wright:

(in reply to rhinobones)
Post #: 49
Turns 15 and 16 - 11/22/2019 1:22:32 PM   
rhinobones

Empire – Turn 15

News: A Recruitment Center has been occupied.
News: Material Replacement Rate is increased.

Empire forces adjust the defensive line on the Sair Usa front. Recent arrivals are quickly inserted into the lines. Most aircraft in this sector have been placed on combat support.

After the naval battle last turn the Imperial navy has control of the Sair Usa coast. Heavy units are used against Leftist troops on the coast. Leftist infantry units take substantial casualties.

Leftist – Turn 15

Recon unit enters Songea territory. They will occupy possible entry points just in case Songea turns against the rebellion as did those treacherous Kongwa Imperialists.

The trail left by Imperial troops can be seen heading S from Liwate. A screening force is being set up to determine enemy strength and block their path.

Assaults are conducted all along the Sai Usa front. Imperial armor is hit hard as the defense is penetrated in several places.

Imperial heavy naval forces prevent the Leftist for conducting a classic flanking maneuver on the Imperial left.

Empire – Turn 16

News: Replacement Rate is increased.

A DD squadron scouts the E coast and finds the Leftist cruisers docked in port. Currently the Imperial heavy naval units need to resupply before they are able to engage enemy shipping.

Once again, the Sair Usa line is adjusted for defense. It’s obvious that Leftist strength was underestimated, and reinforcements should have been sent in as a surge movement. Artillery is concentrated and a couple of rounds of indirect fire is used to soften up the Leftist.

Leftist – Turn 16

News: Rail interdiction reduces transport capacity to 75% (9,000). This reduction has little impact on movements. Another hit reducing capacity to 50% will start to limit Leftist ability to move large numbers of troops.

On the Sair Usa front, concentrated assaults on perceived weak spots in the Imperial line. Heavy casualties were inflicted but the line was not broken. After the 2nd round of combat the Leftist eased up on attacks to let units rest and resupply.

A high-level bomber attack was conducted on enemy airfield just behind the Imperial lines. AAA and interceptors caused huge losses; the bombers did not get through. Bomber command will need new aircraft and air crews before high altitude attacks continue.

Attachment (1)

Colin Wright:

(in reply to rhinobones)
Post #: 50
T15 Situation Briefing - 11/22/2019 1:24:18 PM   
rhinobones

Force and Theater situations at the end of turn 15. Both have reduced Force supply levels due to use of interdiction options. Later in the scenario Theater Options will be offered which allow the forces to cease interdiction actions and recover part of the supply originally spent for rail and/or sea interdiction. Ceasing interdiction will also allow enemy rail and sea capacity to slowly recover.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by rhinobones -- 11/22/2019 1:33:16 PM >

Colin Wright:

(in reply to rhinobones)
Post #: 51
T16 News Nov 17 - Nov 27 - 11/22/2019 1:29:16 PM   
rhinobones

News for the period November 17th thru November 27th.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by rhinobones -- 11/22/2019 1:31:25 PM >

Colin Wright:

(in reply to rhinobones)
Post #: 52
T15 Leftist 1st Round Attacks - 11/22/2019 1:34:37 PM   
rhinobones

The Leftist and Imperial positions at the start of combat on the Sair Usa front. Two more rounds will follow pushing back the Imperialists but not breaking their defense.

Attachment (1)

Colin Wright:

(in reply to rhinobones)
Post #: 53
T16 Leftist Disposition - 11/22/2019 1:36:00 PM   
rhinobones

Leftist are seen searching for the Imperialists moving S from Liwate. Note there is no Leftist activity on the W side of the continent.

Attachment (1)

Colin Wright:

(in reply to rhinobones)
Post #: 54
RE: 1937 AAR - 11/22/2019 4:20:34 PM   
tuomind

When might it be available to download?

thanks

Darryl

(in reply to rhinobones)
Post #: 55
RE: 1937 AAR - 11/22/2019 6:32:53 PM   
rhinobones

I probably won’t post the public version until early next year, but if you want a test scenario to examine, I can send a copy. My e-mail address is in the member’s list.

Regards, RhinoBones

Colin Wright:

(in reply to tuomind)
Post #: 56
RE: 1937 AAR - 11/22/2019 9:33:23 PM   
ernieschwitz

quote:

Geography is hypothetical. The TO&Es are 1930s equipment primarily from France, Italy and Russia. Sole purpose is to have fun and challenge players to develop a military strategy.

Sounds like the Bombur 1930s mod for Advanced Tactics Gold. Perhaps you could get some inspiration from that. :)

(in reply to rhinobones)
Post #: 57
RE: 1937 AAR - 11/22/2019 10:24:02 PM   
rhinobones

quote:

Sounds like the Bombur 1930s mod for Advanced Tactics Gold. Perhaps you could get some inspiration from that. :)

I played AT/ATG some years ago and Bombur’s work was always an inspiration. Real good stuff.

Regards, RhinoBones

Colin Wright:

(in reply to ernieschwitz)
Post #: 58
Turns 17 and 18 - 11/25/2019 11:35:06 AM   
rhinobones

Empire - Turn 17

The center force is making slow progress on the maneuver to flank Sair Usa. The railroad needed to support the movement runs further SW than expected and will take a longer time to clear. There is also the probability that Leftist will try to prevent Imperial movement.

The Sair Usa front appears to be stabilized. Made some minor counter attacks and entrenched the defense.

Force Supply: 39 Effective Supply: 47

Leftist – Turn 17

A para unit air drops on the last resource center located N of Songea. This is a bit risky since few units are near enough to provide effective support. However, no Imperial activity has been detected in this area so the risk seems acceptable.

Units advance N from Bukoba looking for the enemy front. Enemy occupation tracks indicate that they are very close to the Leftist recon units.

Attacks along the Sair Usa front are inconclusive. The Leftist will need to rest the troops prior to the next series of attacks.

Force Supply: 45 Effective Supply: 51

Empire – Turn 18

NW of Bukoba commandos are inserted. Their mission is to cut rail lines over a canal. The commandos landed in a disorganized state and will have to regroup before finishing the mission. This site was selected due to the location of an airfield next to the target.

A DD squadron reconnoiters along the W coast. Maybe they will find something to blow up, maybe the Leftist will see them and think that an amphibious assault is coming. This move is not intended to be a decoy operation, but it may turn out that way.

Air units pull an airfield attack outside Bukoba. Imperial F/A aircraft take a beating with little damage done to the Leftist.

Artillery attacks conducted along the Sair Usa Front. Mostly the troops dig in and rest.

Force Supply: 39 Effective Supply: 48

Leftist – Turn 18

News: Leftist have occupied a Supply Center.

Leftist use armor to attack and drive back units moving S towards Bukoba. Two Imperial Recon units are spotted a little to the E but they do not appear to have strength or support.

The Imperial commando unit which was dropped behind them was not spotted. No attempt was made to defend against the damage they may inflict.

Several attacks are made striking out of Sair Usa, the remaining units dig in, restock and rest.

Force Supply: 45 Effective Supply: 51

Attachment (1)

Colin Wright:

(in reply to rhinobones)
Post #: 59
T17 Inventory and Replacements - 11/25/2019 11:36:52 AM   
rhinobones

Losses and equipment replacement rates as of the start of Turn 17. Both sides started the scenario with Rifle Squad replacement rates of 100. However, due to the capture of Recruitment Centers rates have increased to 125 for the Leftist and 244 for the Empire. Similar rate increases have occurred with Force Supply Level where the Leftist have captured the most Supply Centers.

Rate increases are not permanent. Enemy capture of the opponent’s resource will reduce replacements/supply. A resource center may be recaptured one time for partial recovery of resources, but a second loss will make the resource loss permanent.

Events late in the game will also degrade replacement and supply rates. These events are automatic and are used to simulate exhaustion of manpower and production capacity.

Attachment (1)

Colin Wright:

(in reply to rhinobones)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> After Action Reports >> T11 Empire Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI