"I can't take it anymore" (the improbable tank accuracy modelling)

Close Combat: The Bloody First Tech Support Forum. Please post any issues found here.
headcount_slith

"I can't take it anymore" (the improbable tank accuracy modelling)

Post by headcount_slith »

Although tanks are now more accurate than they were at launch, their hit rates remain highly improbable.

I've just run a custom accuracy test 20 times and the results were, to be frank, ludicrous. In the test a stationary Tiger untroubled by any incoming fire (the silly Sherman doesn't return fire because it considers it has a 'bad shot') engaged a stationary Sherman approximately 300m away until it achieved a kill.

In the 20 tests, the Tiger scored a hit with its first shot precisely zero times (In reality it would be hard to miss a stationary Sherman-sized target at this range.)

The average number of shots required by the Tiger to hit the Sherman was 3.7. During its worst performance it needed 6.

The crudest WW2 board wargames simulate armoured combat better than TBF does at present. Devs, please look again at this important mechanic.

Attachments
tigeraccuracy.jpg
tigeraccuracy.jpg (691.37 KiB) Viewed 121 times
kweniston

RE: "I can't take it anymore" (the improbable tank accuracy modelling)

Post by kweniston »

Excellent research/testing you're doing.
niki_belucci

Post by niki_belucci »

@headcount_slith: did you participate in the beta phase for this game?
headcount_slith

Post by headcount_slith »

@kweniston
Thanks.

@niki_belucci.
No, I wasn't part of the beta test.

STIENER

Post by STIENER »

I agree with you 100% headcount....you hit the nail on the head. it seems to be a matrix developer thing....this bad gun accuracy...been going on since LSA. ive had a few discussions and posts about it over the years now but obviously its still a thing. your examples are just well...beyond words relaly. it definatly needs to be fixed in the next patch. Matrix are we listening?
kweniston

Post by kweniston »

Not sure anymore if flaws from the original engine have not been transported to the new 3d engine. I thought we'd start from scratch, but I see the same stuff being reported as for the original titles.

Return to “Close Combat: The Bloody First - Tech Support Forum”