quote:Kull. Thanks! I followed amon15's instruction below (except step 5) when I installed/updated WitP-AE. I believe step 3 captured all the scenario updates, but wanted to confirm it with you/others. I did run each of the AEdateUpdateS*.exe executables individually and had to ensure that their output was directed to the */SCEN folder of my install.
My intention is to work through the Coral Sea and then Guadalcanal scenarios against the Japanese AI multiple times.
If you haven't done so already, think about updating the "AI files" for both of those scenarios. 184.108.40.206b is an exe update only, and does not account for database improvements, of which there were many between the default 2010 AI files and the new ones Andy released in 2012. Be aware that updating the AI is the ONLY way to get the database improvements (primarily error fixes in the various unit files), short of manually making the changes yourself.
Since you are planning "multiple" play-throughs of each scenario, keep in mind that there is only one variant for Coral Sea, so the AI will do the same thing every time. For Guadalcanal, there are 4 variants, and I would encourage you to manually choose a different variant for each new game (as opposed to it being random, meaning you could get the same one every time), so that you face all four of the AI tactical sets. Guadalcanal also has some database errors that have to be fixed with a second over-write, which is explained in the linked thread.
Good luck with this!
This is where i have my stuff in case i need to reinstall...
1. Ok, from a fresh install, first install the official update:
2. After you install this, install the Beta update, in the first post click on the "Attachment (1) ". You start the game from a new shortcut on your desktop that says "War in the Pacific - Admiral's Edition (Beta)"
3. After this, install all of the Patch 07 unofficial data scen updates by Andy Mac, those are unofficial but everybody uses them. They are made by one of the devs of the game. Install everything into the SCEN folder, NOT! the default game folder.
4. Now when your game is updated, we can install all the mods.
here are all of the Chemkids maps in a single file, first backup your ART folder (just in case):
5. And for the "Unified Art Mod", also unpack everything in your game folder. If something goes wrong, or you don't like it, just delete the ART folder and copy the backed up back in: