With Official release of Crossover 19.01, I am happy to report that WarPlan works flawlessly on my iMac 27 2019 running Catalina, without Windows.
First, I should note that I have absolutely no financial interest on Crossover, I just love and support this software. Crossover is a paid application, based on WINE, with great support, that allows easy use of Windows-only software on Mac (or Linux), using WINE, without Windows, but with minimum hassle involved. Codeweavers (the makers of Crossover) are the main supporters of the continuing development of WINE.
This is not a virtual machine, and no Windows version is needed.
The crown of glory of Crossover was achieved last year, with the release of version 19, that allows the running of almost all 32 bit windows programs in a 64 bit-only OS (Catalina)
I use Crossover, and most of my games run fine on Mac, without Windows. Strategic Command, WITE, DC: Barbarossa, FOG2 and Empires, JTS games, and many more. And now WarPlan.
Crossover has a great feature, named crossties. Basically it is a pre-made "bottle" that allows a quick and easy installation. A crosstie is already created for Warplan
So, without further ado, if you want to play WarPlan on your Mac, you just have to:
- install Crossover (14-day free trial; after, you will have to buy a license)
- open Crossover and click "Install a Windows Application"
- type WarPlan and select it from the list.
- a premade "windows 7 64 bit" bottle with CoreFonts installed will be automatically created for you
- click Continue
- click to select the installer exe that you must of course download from Matrix. Have your SN available, as usually.
- if a warning window appears, just click Cancel (OSx security is a bit paranoid)
- Let the install process proceed, do not bother to install .Net.
Turning "on" high resolution mode in the bottle settings permits to change resolution at will, just like a native windows installation.
If you want any further help, feel free to ask
< Message edited by Franciscus -- 1/14/2020 5:30:35 PM >
Former AJE team member