Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Problems

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Armored Brigade >> Armored Brigade: Tech Support Forum >> Problems Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Problems - 11/3/2019 7:55:33 AM   
Perturabo

1. I noticed that in latest version the AI tends to place mortars forward.

2. Icons of undetected units destroyed by indirect fire don't show up in AAR.

3. Problems with adding graphics to mod. IMO all mods graphics should be in the databases/modname/graphics/ folder.

4. It should be possible to have resources.xml file that overrides some resources for the mod so that it would be possible to add custom map graphics or tracers or default units. If infantry is in different scale/style than default, it becomes all messed up without custom graphics.

< Message edited by Perturabo -- 11/3/2019 7:56:57 AM >

People shouldn't ask themselves why schools get shoot up.
They should ask themselves why people who finish schools burned out due to mobbing aren't receiving high enough compensations to not seek vengeance.
Post #: 1
RE: Problems - 11/4/2019 1:37:13 AM   
Veitikka

quote:

ORIGINAL: Perturabo

I don't know what's the previous build you tried, but I don't recall any recent engine changes regarding this...

quote:

I remember this, but I don't remember the exact reason for why it was implemented like that.

quote:

3. Problems with adding graphics to mod. IMO all mods graphics should be in the databases/modname/graphics/ folder.

4. It should be possible to have resources.xml file that overrides some resources for the mod so that it would be possible to add custom map graphics or tracers or default units. If infantry is in different scale/style than default, it becomes all messed up without custom graphics.

Yes, I'm quite sure that in the future it will be possible to replace terrain graphics in Workshop mods, however I think it's quite awkward if a terrain graphics mod should include the database files (and scenarios). This needs some more thought.

Know thyself!

(in reply to Perturabo)
Post #: 2
RE: Problems - 11/5/2019 8:03:40 PM   
Perturabo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Veitikka

quote:

I don't know what's the previous build you tried, but I don't recall any recent engine changes regarding this...

Saw it for the first time in the recent beta and now again in the current Steam version.

quote:

quote:

quote:

I remember this, but I don't remember the exact reason for why it was implemented like that.

Could be something from the hidden units in AAR mode?

quote:

quote:

Yes, I'm quite sure that in the future it will be possible to replace terrain graphics in Workshop mods, however I think it's quite awkward if a terrain graphics mod should include the database files (and scenarios). This needs some more thought.

Any chances all unit graphics (unidentified units) could be moved to resources_custom.xml for now?

People shouldn't ask themselves why schools get shoot up.
They should ask themselves why people who finish schools burned out due to mobbing aren't receiving high enough compensations to not seek vengeance.

(in reply to Veitikka)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Armored Brigade >> Armored Brigade: Tech Support Forum >> Problems Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI