Some great ideas posted Here are some thoughts I've jotted down over the years. I think it might be a bit (alot) much, but hope it makes it somehow into the Poll.
1. User Ability to adjust and add / remove items on the shortcut bar. This at the top with "File, View, Game... etc" and below it the "clock and Play and record quick line.... " I want to move the "clock, play, record... " line of quick click items UP TO THE SAME LEVEL as the "File, View, Game, Map Settings.... " , thus freeing up more than half the space used by this. It could just go right of the "File... Help" line! Save Space!
2. User deselect the "GROUP VIEW > 15 sec > 1min > 5min ..." bar at the bottom, it's just taking up valuable screen space, never use it.
3. On the right, under "UNIT STATUS" down at Sensors Window (F9)... this usually is useless, as it just shows a check at Inherit from Parent and the bottom 6 cells are greyed out regardless of the sensor state of the unit selected. This needs to ALWAYS show the sensor status of the unit selected!! If I don't have "range rings" on, I have no idea what is radiating!!
4. Love to be able to make notes in the game. General sticky note types, pins with notes... and maybe unit or mission specific notes. They should be savable of course.
1. A/C going Bingo or Winchester and RTB SHOULD NOT CLIMB TO MAX ALTITUDE WHEN NEAR A Surface THREAT !!!!!!!!! Allow user to select Egress low to 10, 25, 40, 60, 80, 100nm FROM THE TGT or some such
thing, mission, type, side, unit selectable.
1a. WRA to avoid SAM's/Missiles by "Running and Beaming". This would be opposed to the present which seems to be "Beam and turn back in" depending on mission. Running should be user selectable (5nm,
10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 40, 50... before resuming previous) and it'd be nice if you could choose 2 or 3 depending on the threat if the targeted aircraft knows the class, ID or type)
2. Doctrine> WRA > Self Defense block goes to 10nm, then max. It needs to continue in 5 mi increments to 75nm then max or better yet, allow user to input)
3. As noted by another, allow WRA numbers to be user selectable in percentage (and do so for "Self defense" as well)
4. Advanced Mission Planner !! Had to put that in there.
5. Anti Radiation missiles target specific radars or at least types (FCR, Search, Illuminators)
6. WRA to target only 4th, or 5th gen fighters or to AVOID 4th or 5th gen... (currently doable (targetting) for weapons, but I'd like this for unit/types as well. Individual unit, mission or aircraft
7. Mission Editor : Needs a "Copy Mission" function to allow me to make many ASW or AAW stations CAPS and missions quickly. Copies everything but units assigned.
8. Make "No Navigation" Zones unit, mission, type or side specific.
9. Hot key for can/cannot refuel.
10. Change things at turnpoints... (as is done for alt/speed). Change EMCON, Weapons HOLD/FREE; Can/Cannot Refuel; Switch Home airport; Switch Mission (ASW N to ASW S); etc.
11. Mission editor: need a "keep XX TOTAL A/C on station" vs "Keep XX units PER CLASS on station."
12. Option to set launch order in the mission editor for missions. Launch times as well.
13. Tanker Zones: Like No Nav or Exclusion they are defined by RP's. A/C routed through this box would top off on the way to/from a mission or just on a user route (F3). Of course, a tanker would need to be present in the box. Make it easy to tank jets up on the way to / from areas.
14. Add persistent user notes to DB... that would somehow carry over / be added to a new updated DB. I would add info to some entries and would like them to stick. ie I would like to add a note to ALL Block III Superhornets "Reduced RCS by 20% compared to Block II, integrated IRST, CFT" .
Whew... sorry about that, I feel better now.
A very good list!