Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests Page: <<   < prev  7 8 9 10 [11]
[Poll]

CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests

AMP - Time-on-target automatic strike generator UI
  28% (130)
AMP - Continuous coverage planner
  1% (7)
Scriptless downed/stranded crew (for CSAR)
  2% (10)
Local weather fronts
  10% (48)
Scriptless intermittent sensor settings
  2% (9)
Custom draw on map
  2% (11)
WEGO MP
  3% (16)
Real-time MP
  10% (47)
Scriptless carry-over of units between scenarios
  4% (18)
Ground operations: Make units recognize and use roads
  5% (23)
AMP - Ability to edit flightplans prior to takeoff
  4% (18)
Implements full unit edit capability (loadouts, calcs) into ScenEdit
  6% (30)
Warning shots
  2% (9)
Scriptless boarding actions
  0% (3)
Integrated speech-to-text (SeaHag-style)
  2% (11)
Tacview - AAR mode
  4% (21)
Chemical & Biological weapon effects
  2% (9)
Display real-time sonar/self-noise data
  0% (3)
Make A2A-refueling options a doctrine setting
  0% (2)
Have WRA ranges for weapons set in percentage of range rather than 5nm
  0% (2)
Unit "Scoreboard"
  0% (3)
"Search" tool for the cargo list
  0% (1)
Weather/Day-night affects air sorties
  1% (7)
Allow Lua scripting on Losses/Expenditures (for player-tailored stats)
  0% (0)
Enable borders/coastlines at close-in zoom
  2% (11)
Hotkeys for built-in map layers
  0% (1)

Total Votes : 450

(last vote on : 6/15/2021 3:50:23 PM)
(Poll will run till: -- )
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 6/6/2021 12:21:26 AM   
thewood1

I think this is an issue with scenario design. I don't see anything too wrong with players being able to set loadouts at the beginning, but there are circumstances where a scenario designer might have wanted a player to have to decide whether to go with what they have loaded or reload their aircraft. The point is that its not as cut and dry as just letting all players be able to set loadouts at the beginning of any scenario.

You are like puss filled boil on nice of ass of bikini model. You are nasty to everybody but then try to sweeten things up with a nice post somewhere else. That's nice but you're still a boil on a beautiful thing! - BDukes

(in reply to stww2)
Post #: 301
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 6/15/2021 4:39:14 AM   
KnightHawk75

I've mentioned this a couple time in various threads but keep forgetting to put in here in the more specific \ official('ish) one.

Feature Request:
LUA - An added function or method for disengaging | disengaging-all upon a unit, such as exists in the GUI. This would compliment the ScenEdit_AttackContact() function.

Notes:
Something like the following (just possible suggestion\example):
-- (side and unitname) | guid = These params function same as most functions for lookup. id's the unit to operate on.
-- contacts= Table of string names or guids of the contact wrapper(s) from unit's side perspective which to drop engagement on. 
--           or could just make it only take a single string value per call. 
-- [dropall]= If true ignores contact field and just drop's all engagements the unit has. 
ScenEdit_DisenageContact({[unitname='unit1'],[side='side1'],[guid='unitguid'],contacts={'ctguid1','ctguid2'...},[dropall=true|false]})

OR perhaps a method on the unit wrapper
-- second parameter optional defaulting to false.
UnitWrapper:disengageContacts(contacts={'CtNameOrCtGuid1','CtNameOrCtGuid1',...},[true|(false)]);

There are cases (and not obscure ones) where scene designers\script authors need a simple, non side-effect inducing way to issue a break engagement\current orders command to a unit. Even if if the system in some cases may automatically re-engage the unit a second or two later under some cases this function would be incredibly valuable to have available for all primary unit classes (perhaps including weapons) to at least temporarily stop what they are presently doing and reset their logic cycle. It's especially needed on the ground unit side, where there is no "base" assignment, such that an often used workaround for the lack of this feature is the use of "rtb" (despite some side affects, or other trickery), which doesn't apply there.

Also, ideally when doing a "drop all" besides 'engagements' I think it should apply in a near blanket fashion to any significant current activity\order it is currently doing. Such as "dropping-off|picking-up|maneuvering to refuel|refueling|engagement|dog-fighting|early-landing cycle|etc. Again often even if the unit may re-trigger back to what it was doing on the next evaluation at a later point in time, the a provided momentary window to make needed changes to the unit or it's orders\missions\etc and influence behavior. Now ideally I would suggest a more broad IssueUnitOrder request were we could actually specify lots of different options like disengage|disengage-all|lay-chaft|drop-buoy-active-over|drop-buoy-passive-under,etc but that's much bigger lift i imagine for doing and testing. The above disengage specific request keeps things more simple (I think??) and can probably piggy back mostly on what exists already(gui option). If done on the unit wrapper, I don't think it would precludes some fictional broader command coming along at some point far away in the future.

< Message edited by KnightHawk75 -- 6/15/2021 4:40:02 AM >

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 302
Page:   <<   < prev  7 8 9 10 [11]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests Page: <<   < prev  7 8 9 10 [11]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI