Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

First game finished

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan >> First game finished Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
First game finished - 10/29/2019 1:42:11 PM   
Meteor2

First game as axis finished on "historical" setting.
Some observations:

Poland:
Historical outcome. 2 turns.

France & Low countries:
Reasonable AI. Historical outcome in July 40.

Denmark and Norway:
Historical. I forgot to occupy Narvik. GB invaded end of 41. Have never seen that in another game.

Med:
Although Italy was axis, GB NEVER declared war on Italy. The Tobruk front never saw any action.
End of 42 the US declared war on Italy and invaded Marocco and Tunesia. The British in the east od NA remained silent.
With German help the Invasion was repulsed, but only due to inactivity of GB.
(GB and US allied!)

Western Europe:
The uboat campaign was reasonable (I think). The bases in France were very useful.
But: The bomber command never started a campaign against industrial targets.
It remained inactive for the rest of the war!! And most of the fighters and fighter Bombers, too.
In June 43 a full scale invasion of western France and the channel coast was launched. (Very good).
Approx. 20 Corps. It was a success for 3 turns, but the troops from the eastern front arrived and crashed the attempt.
That was only possible, because USSR was occupied till the Ural in that time.
In the time of the allied conquest of the French uboat bases the German uboat war supplied from the west coast of North Africa! Not very reasonable.

USSR:
During the whole time period to end of 43 (when the campaign was practically over) the soviet troops were quite passive.
No counterattacks. A slow movement to the east and (in the beginning hardly any encirclement).
In 42 kessels were Always possible with 1 to 4 soviet corps trapped. No reals attempts to counter this were made by the AI.
So, the soviet Forces melted aways and mid of 43 all major cities were catured.
After that (because the USSR never surrendered), it was only a boring end game in the east.
I found that not reasonable, because I was swimming in oil, production and everything else.
No way to question the victory. During that time, still partisans were appearing. With the soviet side, being practically defeated, I would guess, that no partisan unit would have ever appeared again.
And the soviet airforce very passive during the whole campaign.
The winter effects 41/42 were not visible for me.

Balkans:
Yugoslavia remained neutral all the time and Greece, too.

So, I would say, that I have seen good and bad behaviours of the AI.
Some love should be given to:
- GB bombing Campaign
- war declarations (US involved + GB neutral towards Italy ???) For me a major question.
- Operational AI for the USSR (passive, not reacting the threats)

With better coordination of US and GB the invasion of France in 43 would have been a KO for the axis, if the soviet
resistance have been tougher.

I enjoyed the game a lot and with finetuning it will be a classic after some patches.

Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan >> First game finished Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI