Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

AI needs some work

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan >> AI needs some work Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
AI needs some work - 10/26/2019 7:29:10 PM   
Jim D Burns

Great game, enjoying learning it, but the AI needs some work.

Playing as allies all I did was fall back on Warsaw with my surviving units to create a one to two hex ring of units around the city and Germany slowly reduced my ring of units until just the city Warsaw remains.

For about 2-3 months now the AI makes one attempt per turn to take the city and fails every time. I should mention the mech unit in Warsaw was in the hex just northeast of the city for several turns and was moved in during a double rain turn to replace the almost destroyed inf corp that started there. Once it reached the double entrenchment level it appears the hex cannot be taken because the AI only tries once in a turn.

Here's a screenshot showing the current situation. The AI has a double ring of units around the city and lots of planes, but it fails to make use of them. I've cropped in the combat log of the turn so you can see the AI's inaction.

The AI needs to be more aggressive and use all its stuff. If it used everything it had the city would have fallen months ago, but it's now mid Feb and there is no sign of the city falling at all. And with all those units tied up in Poland I hope the AI doesn't attack France as I will probably be in Berlin by August.

Jim

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: AI needs some work - 10/26/2019 7:52:40 PM   
Alvaro Sousa

I'll take a look at that. it should be trying 3x a turn. Actually I think I know where the problem is here. It's a function of the internal code.

Games worked on

Designer of the Strategic Command 2 products
- Brute Force (mod)
- Assault on Communism
- Assault on Democracy

Designer of the Strategic Command 3 products
- Map Image Importer

(in reply to Jim D Burns)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan >> AI needs some work Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI