Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Unit Freeze (note for 3.06)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Campaigns on the Danube 1805 - 1809 >> Unit Freeze (note for 3.06) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Unit Freeze (note for 3.06) - 10/20/2019 8:15:26 PM   
Rasputitsa

I am just finishing the game which is the subject of the posted 3.05 AAR.

I am experiencing the 'unit freeze' event that others have reported on the forum, although this is the first time that I have experienced it on this scale.

The ringed hex contains 20 units (see indicated Stack Number), comprising three French corps, one of which is LANNES and ONE Austrian unit (Lindenau), which is the remains of Austrian units trapped and destroyed here.

The 19 French units have now been here for several turns and despite 'forced march' orders have not moved. See LANNES' info panel for the orders which are not being enacted.

ALL French units are in good condition, but they will neither attack Lindenau, nor move on, but are held fixed by one enemy unit.

It's not a big problem in this game which is essentially over, but could be a killer earlier in a scenario.

I have the game saves available and it was a great scenario, which I still expect to win.

Edit : I tried to get units moving separately by detaching and giving separate orders, but they still would not move. I played on over several game turns, but no change, except that, despite no indications of combat, one of the French unit commanders (Tharreau) was reported as in hospital wounded, so something is happening, but no movement.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Rasputitsa -- 10/20/2019 8:55:44 PM >

"In politics stupidity is not a handicap" - Napoleon

“A people which is able to say everything becomes able to do everything” - Napoleon

“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress" - Napoleon
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Campaigns on the Danube 1805 - 1809 >> Unit Freeze (note for 3.06) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI