Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Sidearms

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Armored Brigade >> Research >> Sidearms Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Sidearms - 10/20/2019 5:47:32 AM   
Jo van der Pluym

In most Armies have Vehicle Crews; Heavy Weapon Crews; Men with LMG, AT RCL, ATGM, MANPADs; Squad and/or Team leaders; Officers, RTO; Elite Forces, Scouts, Snipers and Special Forces; Etc.. a Pistol or other sidearm, mosttime as a backup weapon.

But this do I miss. Is't possible to add them?

< Message edited by Jo van der Pluym -- 10/20/2019 6:31:34 AM >

Greetings from the Netherlands

Jo van der Pluym
CrazyDutch
Post #: 1
RE: Sidearms - 10/20/2019 3:54:16 PM   
nikolas93TS

Of course it is possible; as matter of fact some factions (in particolar Yugoslavia) have pistols and/or machine pistol (for example Škorpion vz. 61).

But they are often omitted as they are of very limited utility compared to primary weapons and weapons slots themselves are limited, unless when indicated as primary weapon of certain units (for example some HQ squads etc.). And they are a fairly late addition to the database, so you won't find them in base factions which were done first.

(in reply to Jo van der Pluym)
Post #: 2
RE: Sidearms - 10/20/2019 4:49:14 PM   
Jo van der Pluym

quote:

ORIGINAL: nikolas93TS

Of course it is possible; as matter of fact some factions (in particolar Yugoslavia) have pistols and/or machine pistol (for example Škorpion vz. 61).

But they are often omitted as they are of very limited utility compared to primary weapons and weapons slots themselves are limited, unless when indicated as primary weapon of certain units (for example some HQ squads etc.). And they are a fairly late addition to the database, so you won't find them in base factions which were done first.

nikolas93TS

Thanks for the reply.

Which other factions have pistols?

This is something what I mean; certain units. HQ Squads , Snipers, Sniperteams, Scoutteams, HMG, GPMG, ATGM Teams etc..

And with adding mean I add to the base factions by the gameprogrammers.

Greetings from the Netherlands

Jo van der Pluym
CrazyDutch

(in reply to nikolas93TS)
Post #: 3
RE: Sidearms - 10/20/2019 6:10:23 PM   
nikolas93TS

If I remember correctly, there should be some Italian and possibly French units having them.

Most support teams tend to have SMG or rifle as secondary weapon, and usually unit is dead long before all ammunition is used up. Pistol range is around 50-60m max.

(in reply to Jo van der Pluym)
Post #: 4
RE: Sidearms - 7/15/2020 9:46:16 PM   
PongoDeMer

The pistol has always been a very marginal weapon. Its range is only 50- 60m max if the user is the best pistolero since Wild Bill Hickock. In my (British) army, very little attention is given to it and most soldiers - with the exception of SF or some RMP - only shoot it a handful of times. At best, the maximum practical range should be no more than 15m.

(in reply to nikolas93TS)
Post #: 5
RE: Sidearms - 10/17/2020 12:28:25 PM   
ChaoticKitten

I've muddled about in the database and created a few pistols just to satisfy my fluff needs.
Experimenting, I concocted a few units as well to use them and... well they were really bad. Due to low ammo, close quarters and the fact they are semi-auto, pistols will almost always lose (aside from engagements in houses, which for some reason they always won) to any other weapon. The only scenario in which it made tactical sense to rely on the pistols was a last stand kind of deal, where they did a decent job buying me some time (they forced the enemy to stop in their tracks and allowed for MGs to cross fire them).

So... just as the real deal, kinda useless unless you find a way to stop your men from routing and want to do a huge defense.

(in reply to PongoDeMer)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Armored Brigade >> Research >> Sidearms Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI