Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Kaga Found

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: Kaga Found Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Kaga Found - 10/20/2019 2:14:06 PM   
Orm

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zorch

quote:

ORIGINAL: Orm

quote:

The distinguished denizens of this forum can argue about absolutely anything.

Indeed. Just remember that anything is better than nothing.

I don't know about that...there are some things I'd rather not have...

But... but that is not anything, that is something.

Intend attacking at dawn high water.

(in reply to Zorch)
Post #: 31
RE: Kaga Found - 10/20/2019 2:38:13 PM   
Zorch

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

The distinguished denizens of this forum can argue about absolutely anything.

Indeed. Just remember that anything is better than nothing.

I don't know about that...there are some things I'd rather not have...

But... but that is not anything, that is something.

Please define 'anything' and 'something' in terms of quantum theory.
Is a black hole 'something' or 'anything'?

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 32
RE: Kaga Found - 10/20/2019 3:34:59 PM   
ian77

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bearcat2

I always subscribe to the conspiracy theory that HMS Warpsite was sunk by a U-boat in 1941 and they renamed HMS Barham to Warspite to keep up British morale.
warspite1

I believe that was Rafe McCauley's idea too. He made the suggestion while on the phone to the PM to wish him Happy Christmas. Winston unburdened himself to Rafe about how badly things were going and Rafe, quick as a flash, came up with this spiffing wheeze .

I think Hollywood should make a film about Rafe......

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 33
RE: Kaga Found - 10/20/2019 6:46:28 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: ian77

warspite1

I agree - James Cameron could direct it (to ensure authenticity) and World War II, which starts in December 1941, would be the background to a classic love story - a sort of classy cross between Wuthering Heights and 50 Shades of Grey. President Roosevelt and Winston Churchill are revealed as the Illuminati twins who start WWII to stop Rafe porking some nurse or other... oh and in order to take over the world too of course. The film has a tragic end when, after completing the bombing mission on Tokyo that wins the war, his bomber has to ditch into the sea. There's only enough wreckage (the plane door) for his crew to get on and poor Rafe, in the water hanging on to the door handle, is eaten by a pack of Great White sharks (he single-handedly kills eleven of them but is overwhelmed by the twelfth one which was 50ft in length.

Rafe McCauley: How I won WWII and saved the world

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by warspite1 -- 10/20/2019 7:03:20 PM >

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to ian77)
Post #: 34
RE: Kaga Found - 10/20/2019 7:47:21 PM   
Zorch

quote:

quote:

warspite1

I agree - James Cameron could direct it (to ensure authenticity) and World War II, which starts in December 1941, would be the background to a classic love story - a sort of classy cross between Wuthering Heights and 50 Shades of Grey. President Roosevelt and Winston Churchill are revealed as the Illuminati twins who start WWII to stop Rafe porking some nurse or other... oh and in order to take over the world too of course. The film has a tragic end when, after completing the bombing mission on Tokyo that wins the war, his bomber has to ditch into the sea. There's only enough wreckage (the plane door) for his crew to get on and poor Rafe, in the water hanging on to the door handle, is eaten by a pack of Great White sharks (he single-handedly kills eleven of them but is overwhelmed by the twelfth one which was 50ft in length.

The audience would never buy it. No way an ordinary shark could eat Rafe. A laser shark, maybe.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 35
RE: Kaga Found - 10/20/2019 8:00:12 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

The audience would never buy it. No way an ordinary shark could eat Rafe. A laser shark, maybe.

warspite1

Sorry, did you say

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Zorch)
Post #: 36
RE: Kaga Found - 10/21/2019 8:59:59 AM   
fcooke

Is it not high treason to post images of the movie that shall not be named?

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 37
RE: Kaga Found - 10/21/2019 9:00:43 AM   
fcooke

But funny expansions none the less.

(in reply to fcooke)
Post #: 38
RE: Kaga Found - 10/21/2019 11:34:16 AM   
HansBolter

quote:

What was that response all about??

Firstly I make a perfectly inoffensive comment that you react hysterically too for absolutely no reason other than you want to see something in my post that wasn't there - and my posting history on the subject of all things USN confirms this.

The only person who has over reacted is you. If you think that my post was so outrageous why did you not have the same reaction when others have posted similar about the Bismarck episode? Why don't you get all excited and unnecessary about that?

Victim? Started this? Man up? OFFENSIVE INSULT? (did you really post that?)

Funny how others realised the post was jokey and in no way offensive - but not you - and yet you believe you are in the right. I think you need to re-read what was posted and the context and then you can apologise - which of course I accept.

Couldn't care less about the Bismarck.

Care about these kinds of denigrating insults:

"To react in that way….- is pretty sad.

would probably give him an attack of the vapours."

You couldn't leave well enough alone in the fact that you had succeeded in pissing me off.

Oh no, instead you had to go ahead and piss on me.

I accept that my sin was throwing the hand grenade back instead of jumping on it to smother it, but I'm not the one who tossed it into the room in the first place.

You don't seem to be willing to accept that you sinned at all.

Hans

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 39
RE: Kaga Found - 10/21/2019 12:19:04 PM   
Zorch

Akagi has now been found. https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-50124313
And https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/oct/21/humbling-wreckage-of-japanese-ships-from-battle-of-midway-found-in-pacific

< Message edited by Zorch -- 10/21/2019 12:24:38 PM >

(in reply to HansBolter)
Post #: 40
RE: Kaga Found - 10/21/2019 4:14:24 PM   
Elessar2

quote:

ORIGINAL: fcooke

Is it not high treason to post images of the movie that shall not be named?

The Phantom Menace?

(in reply to fcooke)
Post #: 41
RE: Kaga Found - 10/21/2019 4:22:16 PM   
Kull

quote:

Akagi has now been found. https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-50124313

Complete with photo showing the pre-1935 triple deck configuration......

(in reply to Zorch)
Post #: 42
RE: Kaga Found - 10/21/2019 4:42:07 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: HansBolter

quote:

What was that response all about??

Firstly I make a perfectly inoffensive comment that you react hysterically too for absolutely no reason other than you want to see something in my post that wasn't there - and my posting history on the subject of all things USN confirms this.

The only person who has over reacted is you. If you think that my post was so outrageous why did you not have the same reaction when others have posted similar about the Bismarck episode? Why don't you get all excited and unnecessary about that?

Victim? Started this? Man up? OFFENSIVE INSULT? (did you really post that?)

Funny how others realised the post was jokey and in no way offensive - but not you - and yet you believe you are in the right. I think you need to re-read what was posted and the context and then you can apologise - which of course I accept.

You couldn't leave well enough alone in the fact that you had succeeded in pissing me off.

I accept that my sin was throwing the hand grenade back instead of jumping on it to smother it, but I'm not the one who tossed it into the room in the first place.

warspite1

I don’t understand that last post at all. You seem to have a lack of understanding about chronology and you seem to have a lack of understanding about what you’ve done wrong so I will post the following and that is my last word on this sorry matter. You can then do, and say, what you want.

a) In your last post you appear upset at the ‘denigrating insults’ I’ve thrown at you. But you appear to have ignored the fact that I said nothing against you until after you stated I was an offensive troll. Even after BBfanboy and Zorch’s posts made clear how my post should be viewed you continued to accuse me of trolling. This simply reinforces my impression you love playing the victim. My comments toward you were made AFTER your totally unwarranted insults directed at me – but you’ve ignored that.

b) So let’s just re-visit what I posted and how you reacted.
When I posted what I did you had four options:

i) Ignore it. I don’t recall, to the best of my recollection, you responding to my posts on any subject previously so no reason for you to get involved now.

ii) You could have read and understood what I wrote; that the USN couldn’t sink Kaga and the moral victory was Japan’s. Let me say that again. The USN couldn’t sink Kaga and the moral victor at Midway was the IJN. Right. I have been on these forums for 11 years – only two less than you. I am a regular poster on this – and other - Matrix forums, contributing AAR, Beta testing, assisting fellow gamers and contributing to discussions. My thoughts on the US and the USN should be known to long time posters on here. Like you I have seen trolls come and go – they don’t last long – certainly not here. So why would you believe that I was trolling? What sort of a troll is it when the trolling comment is not something I believe in and would, quite rightly, only invite opprobrium from people on here that I have great respect for, if I meant it? Where would the ahem… ‘fun’…. be derived in such a pointless troll? So why would you be so quick to assume I was trolling? Under the circumstances you could have sought clarification.

iii) Alternatively you could have believed I was not trolling but was stating what I think to be the case. Again, I must ask you why you would be so quick to believe that I would suggest such a patently absurd comment was true? Please show me what I’ve posted in the past that would make you readily believe such nonsense? Under the circumstances you could have sought clarification.

iv) I thought that the footnote would make clear the intention, but if unsure, and under the circumstances, you could have sought clarification.

But no, what happened instead was that you were so desperate to show off your self-righteous indignation, and to show others how upset you were, that you couldn’t wait to post your comment, regardless of the facts, regardless of my posting history, regardless of my previously stated position on the USN, (and US generally in WWII).

Now you say your ‘sin’ was “throwing the hand grenade back instead of jumping on it to smother it, but I'm not the one who tossed it into the room in the first place”. NO your foolishness was to believe there was a hand grenade thrown in the first place – and to continue to insult me even when two posters had alerted you to the fact you were dealing with a whoopee cushion and not a hand grenade.

But I don’t intend to waste any more time on your nonsense.

(in reply to HansBolter)
Post #: 43
RE: Kaga Found - 10/21/2019 4:47:23 PM   
adarbrauner

[/quote]

Honestly Hans, you don't react that way when people here gullibly talk and write about nuking Tokyo for a secon or third time and what a pity it targeted only the manpower, we cannot burn them to wipe out the remaining industry no huoses left to burn;

think of the Japanese side...

(in reply to HansBolter)
Post #: 44
RE: Kaga Found - 10/21/2019 5:30:20 PM   
John 3rd

On the ACTUAL Thread's topic...

Finding Kaga and then Akagi is AMAZING. Do you think that they will go 3-for-3? Come on Soryu!

Hiryu would have sunk a LONG ways away from the other three but to get these is incredible. I'll by any video that comes out. Those National Geographic specials on Bismarck, Midway, and Iron Bottom Sound are great.

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.

Reluctant Admiral Mod:
https://sites.google.com/site/reluctantadmiral/

(in reply to adarbrauner)
Post #: 45
RE: Kaga Found - 10/21/2019 6:07:41 PM   
Zorch

quote:

ORIGINAL: John 3rd

Finding Kaga and then Akagi is AMAZING. Do you think that they will go 3-for-3? Come on Soryu!

Hiryu would have sunk a LONG ways away from the other three but to get these is incredible. I'll by any video that comes out. Those National Geographic specials on Bismarck, Midway, and Iron Bottom Sound are great.

Underwater technology has come so far. I read a book about a search for the Titanic in the late 70s; it seemed preposterous (to me) that it would ever be found.

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 46
RE: Kaga Found - 10/21/2019 9:37:05 PM   
anarchyintheuk

quote:

quote:

Underwater technology has come so far. I read a book about a search for the Titanic in the late 70s; it seemed preposterous (to me) that it would ever be found.

I wonder who has Paul Allen's credit card now.

(in reply to Zorch)
Post #: 47
RE: Kaga Found - 10/21/2019 9:47:13 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

quote:

I find myself wondering if the technology and resources being used could have helped find Malay Air 370 (did I get the flight right?) in the Indian Ocean. Yes, it's a smaller target to find but the reasons to find it are more compelling. Even if they can't raise the flight recorders after finding it, the location might help figure out what happened (is it really in the search area they decided on?) and would give some closure to the families of the victims.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to Zorch)
Post #: 48
RE: Kaga Found - 10/21/2019 10:16:28 PM   
Bearcat2

It is not the size of the target, it is having a general idea of where it went down, it is one thing to search a couple of thousand square miles, another to search half the Indian ocean, 13 million square miles
Ocean Infinity[ they have a good record at finding wrecks] spent 2 months searching a thousand square miles a day; if they had to search half the Indian ocean, it would take 30+ years.

"After eight years as President I have only two regrets: that I have not shot Henry Clay or hanged John C. Calhoun."--1837

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 49
RE: Kaga Found - 10/22/2019 6:33:18 AM   
warspite1

quote:

It is not the size of the target, it is having a general idea of where it went down...

warspite1

Agreed. At least the pieces washing up on the east coast of Africa and Indian Ocean islands means that the more ridiculous conspiracy theories have been negated, but in terms of actually finding the wreck - I suspect this may never be found. After all it took two years to find Flight 447 and they had much more of an idea where the Airbus went down.

Terribly sad for the families.

(in reply to Bearcat2)
Post #: 50
RE: Kaga Found - 10/22/2019 9:24:11 AM   
Zorch

quote:

quote:

It is not the size of the target, it is having a general idea of where it went down...

warspite1

Agreed. At least the pieces washing up on the east coast of Africa and Indian Ocean islands means that the more ridiculous conspiracy theories have been negated, but in terms of actually finding the wreck - I suspect this may never be found. After all it took two years to find Flight 447 and they had much more of an idea where the Airbus went down.

Terribly sad for the families.

And an airliner is a lot smaller than an aircraft carrier or battleship.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 51
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: Kaga Found Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI