I Have never posted before but here goes.
I have played almost all of the Close Combat games since the very first one, except for the Warhammer and what not. I don't know anything about coding and play in campaign mode, I don't play head to head or mod any of the games. I will try and propose 3 things I would like to see fixed perhaps and 3 things that I really like.
1) Fire and Maneuver, I'm an old Infantry Paratrooper and I get stuck on being able to suppress then maneuver, BAR Teams should be able to suppress say an enemy squad, while the lighter Infantry squad maneuvers to the flank or favorable terrain and closes with and destroys the target. It seems that no matter how much I try to suppress, two BAR teams + 30cal, the enemy always detects and kills the flanking unit, suppression should be keeping their heads down and unable to return accurate fire. Usually when pushing to an objective I just drop a crap ton of mortars and bum rush.
2) Ambush and Defense mode. I wish there was a setting you could use to set a distance and sector trigger, say if anyone approaches within 100m or 200m or so in this sector engage them, otherwise keep watch only, with Defense, most units just start blasting away at anything that moves, and in Ambush sometimes they hold until its too late and the enemy is right in their face.
3) Mortars, they are a bit overpowered in my opinion, mortars are used to suppress and kill but they mostly provide suppression, I have been under mortar attack a few times (Russian 82mm) and have used organic 60mm, although quite a scary (big crump) casualties were usually light, but when on the receiving end, you spend more time hugging the ground than scanning your sector.
Things that are good
1) The new engine is nice and the terrain is really nice. it was taxing on my old computer but i bought a new one just to play the Bloody First.
2) Campaign mode is also good in that I can go for a Hasty Attack, Planned Attack or wait till morning to launch.
3) The Graphics of the Vehicles and troops is very good and hope that you all keep that up.
I used to like in the older games where I could build my own Core force, say a Stug or machine gun team and be able to carry them through the entire campaign, I know its not very historical but I enjoyed watching my boys grow as I progressed.
I would also perhaps like to see something on the Russian Front, the heroics and ferocity on both sides is the epitome of WW2.
I know there was the "Russian Front" and then a remake of the same one. (I have Both) but there are so many varying terrain types and battles it would be nice to give it a go.
Sorry if long winded but I am glad you all are keeping the Close Combat series not only alive but going strong. Thank you for your time