Me again! Once more, thanks for your feedback!
We have yet another new Beta update for you all to play! Please download the patch from here
If you own the game on Steam or GOG it is also available to play from both clients!
Right click on the game and select "Properties". Select the “Betas” tab. The Beta tag "Beta - Public Beta" will appear in the Beta dropdown list. Select it and close the Properties window. Steam should now update the game to the beta version. If the update does not start automatically, launch the game to force the update process or 'verify integrity of game files' from the 'Local Files' tab.
Click the 'More' tab next to the 'Play' button - go to 'Settings', enable the Beta Channels and select the Beta channel from the channel dropdown.
Please see the changelog below for the list of changes!
1. Distance and movement cost to supply source for the purposes of retreats is now properly traced through enemy territory (ignoring ZOC costs), which allows to select better retreat/displacement paths for isolated and encircled units. Adjusted retreat priorities. See Appendix A.
2. Improved the way in which final combat odds are calculated in case Soviet Attack Bonus is set to value other than NONE (for real this time).
3. Changed Soviet manpower multiplier from 50 to 55 in 1941, and from 40 to 45 in 1942. Changed Soviet manpower multiplier from 30 to 25 in 1944. So now it starts at 55 and drops 10 per year to 15 in 1945.
4. Soviet factory evacuation will now use separate rail capacity, equal to 75% of rail capacity available for resupply operations (which is equal to total rail capacity minus rail capacity reserved for unit transport).
5. Increased rail capacity by 10%.
1. Fixed a bug where isolated units making a displacement move were able to move out of pockets.
2. Fixed a bug where units making a displacement move were paying ZOC costs for crossing rivers.
3. Fixed a bug where it was still impossible to change HHQ of a unit with 0 AP remaining.
Appendix A - retreat priorities
● number of enemy controlled hexes to supply source may not be worse than in current hex
● number of MP to supply source may not be worse than in current hex
● number of land + rail hexes to supply source may not be worse than in current hex
● less than 3 units in hex (f)
● lowest number of combat units in hex (f, c)
● highest number of non-combat units in hex (f, c)
● lowest number of non-combat units in hex (f, h)
● highest number of combat units in hex (f, h)
● lowest number of units in hex (f)
● lowest retreat cost in MP
● preferred direction of retreat
● random pick (20% chance)
Items marked with (f) apply only to friendly controlled hexes. Items marked with (c) apply only to combat units. Items marked with (h) apply only to non-combat units.
Units making a retreat or displacement move may expend up to their maximum possible MP allowance, and may not move through water hexes. All units must be able to move at least one hex to conclude movement successfully, but units making a displacement move will try to move up to one quarter of their MP allowance, rounding down, in hexes (they may move less than that, provided they move at least one hex). Units in supply (those that were not isolated at start of their last turn) making a displacement move may move through enemy controlled hexes, and ignore ZOC costs while doing so.
< Message edited by SamSlitherine -- 10/14/2019 12:47:50 PM >