Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Axis in Africa

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Axis in Africa Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Axis in Africa - 10/7/2019 8:14:05 PM   
Hartmann301

With v1.16.03, the supply situation for the Axis in Africa is now a huge nightmare. Is it just a question of having more HQs? What should the Axis strategy be? Any feedback will be appreciated.
Post #: 1
RE: Axis in Africa - 10/8/2019 7:06:55 AM   
The Land

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hartmann301
With v1.16.03, the supply situation for the Axis in Africa is now a huge nightmare. Is it just a question of having more HQs? What should the Axis strategy be? Any feedback will be appreciated.

Two Italian HQs and Rommel should work...? You should be able to keep two HQs on resources so they are 5 (8) most of the time and then the third HQ gets boosted by one of the others to be 5 (8) as well.

The Allies can try to strat-bomb, bombard and blockade but this is a very inefficient strategy.

(in reply to Hartmann301)
Post #: 2
RE: Axis in Africa - 10/8/2019 10:29:39 AM   
shawkhan2

Taking Malta after France is what I usually do. With 6 Med/Tac and a para it generally only takes a turn or two.
Then two HQs work fine.

(in reply to The Land)
Post #: 3
RE: Axis in Africa - 10/9/2019 7:55:28 PM   
Hartmann301

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Land

quote:

The Allies can try to strat-bomb, bombard and blockade but this is a very inefficient strategy.

I wouldn't say that. It's been very efficient in my games.

(in reply to The Land)
Post #: 4
RE: Axis in Africa - 10/9/2019 7:56:07 PM   
Hartmann301

quote:

ORIGINAL: shawkhan2

Taking Malta after France is what I usually do. With 6 Med/Tac and a para it generally only takes a turn or two.
Then two HQs work fine.

Yes of course. I always take Malta after France.

(in reply to shawkhan2)
Post #: 5
RE: Axis in Africa - 10/10/2019 9:33:35 AM   
The Land

quote:

quote:

quote:

That's interesting - on both sides in MP I've found it both expensive and not very effective. Expensive because the Axis has fighters with higher readiness and possibly better technology so the air war is costly, while shore bombardment means warships take hits without inflicting any MPP damage in return. Not very effective because there are a whole bunch of resources, and HQ supply boosting is pretty powerful, so you have to sustain a high level of damage to most of the resources in order to slow down the Afrika Corps much.

But I'd be interested to hear how you've made it work!

(in reply to Hartmann301)
Post #: 6
RE: Axis in Africa - 10/10/2019 11:39:51 AM   
Hartmann301

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

That's interesting - on both sides in MP I've found it both expensive and not very effective. Expensive because the Axis has fighters with higher readiness and possibly better technology so the air war is costly, while shore bombardment means warships take hits without inflicting any MPP damage in return. Not very effective because there are a whole bunch of resources, and HQ supply boosting is pretty powerful, so you have to sustain a high level of damage to most of the resources in order to slow down the Afrika Corps much.

But I'd be interested to hear how you've made it work!

No me, my opponents. I'm an axis player.

(in reply to The Land)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Axis in Africa Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI