Here are a few thoughts on various aspects of the game I've noticed after playing for a few weeks and a couple of pet peevs.
1. The need to change formation and SOP at a waypoint. I think the game could use this. I often have units march to a waypoint using Quick (i.e roads), then they unload troops at their Battle Position, Objective etc, but they remain in march/column formation. To fix this requires extra micro and a command delay that is unavoidable. I would usually want new a formation after unloading and often a change in SOP too. To do both these things requires new orders and a delay.
2. Setting helicopter battle positions on the air support screen is cumbersome because any key presses cancel the process. I have to come out of the menu air support to check LOS again. If I don't like the second BP I have picked, I have to repick them both again. It could be made more user friendly I think. Basically, I would like access to the LOS tool and be able to switch to height map mode and back again without having to restart assigning helicopter BPs as its quite crucial, and I usually want to test and check LOS.
3. SOP's for mounted infantry... At the moment, during the deployment phase, you have to unload your troops, set SOPs, then reload them onto their IFV's. IF you forget to do this, when you unload them at an objective they are usually on "quick" etc and run straight out into the open when given orders. I wondered whether SOP's given to a mech unit could also be applied to their mounted infantry passengers - at the moment it doesn't, but this might create new issues.
4. Air support screen - "Arriving Time" - this is not good english, "Arrival Time" or "ETA" would be better.
5. Later Russian airborne infantry have two AT weapons, but the second AT weapon entry has 0 as the weapon amount - so effectively they never have any but it is still visible on their data sheet and when you mouse over them on the map. Either they should have it or it shouldn't be visible in game.
< Message edited by Jace11 -- 10/8/2019 12:39:20 AM >