Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

A few suggestions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Armored Brigade >> A few suggestions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
A few suggestions - 10/7/2019 6:16:27 PM   
Jace11

Here are a few thoughts on various aspects of the game I've noticed after playing for a few weeks and a couple of pet peevs.

1. The need to change formation and SOP at a waypoint. I think the game could use this. I often have units march to a waypoint using Quick (i.e roads), then they unload troops at their Battle Position, Objective etc, but they remain in march/column formation. To fix this requires extra micro and a command delay that is unavoidable. I would usually want new a formation after unloading and often a change in SOP too. To do both these things requires new orders and a delay.

2. Setting helicopter battle positions on the air support screen is cumbersome because any key presses cancel the process. I have to come out of the menu air support to check LOS again. If I don't like the second BP I have picked, I have to repick them both again. It could be made more user friendly I think. Basically, I would like access to the LOS tool and be able to switch to height map mode and back again without having to restart assigning helicopter BPs as its quite crucial, and I usually want to test and check LOS.

3. SOP's for mounted infantry... At the moment, during the deployment phase, you have to unload your troops, set SOPs, then reload them onto their IFV's. IF you forget to do this, when you unload them at an objective they are usually on "quick" etc and run straight out into the open when given orders. I wondered whether SOP's given to a mech unit could also be applied to their mounted infantry passengers - at the moment it doesn't, but this might create new issues.

4. Air support screen - "Arriving Time" - this is not good english, "Arrival Time" or "ETA" would be better.

5. Later Russian airborne infantry have two AT weapons, but the second AT weapon entry has 0 as the weapon amount - so effectively they never have any but it is still visible on their data sheet and when you mouse over them on the map. Either they should have it or it shouldn't be visible in game.

< Message edited by Jace11 -- 10/8/2019 12:39:20 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: A few suggestions - 10/7/2019 11:11:03 PM   
Issue8

"1. The need to change formation and SOP at a waypoint. I think the game could use this. I often have units march to a waypoint using Quick (i.e roads), then they unload troops at their Battle Position, Objective etc, but they remain in march/column formation. To fix this requires extra micro and a command delay that is unavoidable. I would usually want new a formation after unloading and often a change in SOP too. To do both these things requires new orders and a delay. "

I think the game should remember what the formation and pathfinding (short, quick, cover) was when the waypoint order was issued. For example, I give an ADVANCE order in March formation with quickest pathfinding to a certain point, which is essentially a road march, and then for the next waypoint, I give a CONTACT order in wedge formation using shortest path. Perhaps small icons at the waypoint marker could indicate what the setting are.

(in reply to Jace11)
Post #: 2
RE: A few suggestions - 10/8/2019 12:30:53 AM   
Jace11

I made a mistake in my original point, changing formation has no command delay, though SOP does. I would still prefer to assign these to a waypoint as if there is a lot going on, you can miss that a unit has arrived and you need to sort out its formation and SOP. My point is SOP and formation changes cannot be pre-planned, though you can mitigate the problem with delayed waypoints, i.e the player stops the unit at a point and it is held there until he sets SOPs and formation before continuing.

< Message edited by Jace11 -- 10/8/2019 12:31:33 AM >

(in reply to Issue8)
Post #: 3
RE: A few suggestions - 10/8/2019 1:07:23 PM   
blackcloud6

quote:

1. The need to change formation and SOP at a waypoint.

+1

(in reply to Jace11)
Post #: 4
RE: A few suggestions - 10/8/2019 8:00:38 PM   
nikolas93TS

Thanks for reporting the point n°5, it will be fixed in the next patch.

(in reply to blackcloud6)
Post #: 5
RE: A few suggestions - 10/8/2019 8:41:04 PM   
zacklaws

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jace11

4. Air support screen - "Arriving Time" - this is not good english, "Arrival Time" or "ETA" would be better.

The correct term should be "Time on Target", TOT.

(in reply to Jace11)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Armored Brigade >> A few suggestions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI