Para 15.5 Automatic Convoys in the WitPAE Manual states that certain ships (AK, TK, etc) can be set up to automatically bring in supplies from Osaka San Francisco or Karachi.
I am playing the Guadalcanal scenario.
Which bases, if any are "daily allotment" bases that will be replenished without the Auto Convoy system? Is this a function of Port Size. (Para 15.0 Logistics)
In the Auto Convoy System as an Allied Player, how do I have access to San Francisco to designate these ships? Can I allocate ships already in the play area instead?
If in fact there are daily allotment bases is this a function of Port Size or is there simply a list somewhere I can't find Thanks in Advance
As PaxMondo points out this thread is in the wrong location. It isn't just a question of traffic but very much one of subsequent data retrieval.
You are confusing several different game concepts. Suggest you read the Logistics 101 thread:
to start getting the concepts disentangled.
1. Section 15.5 of the manual deals only with the Auto Convoy system. That system is not available in the small scale scenarios. There is no San Francisco in scenario #4 (Guadalcanal), ergo the system is not available in this scenario. You can easily confirm this by looking at the buttons on the top bar which has an empty space to the right of the "Industry Management" button.
2. Where the Auto Convoy system is available, you access it by clicking on its button in the top bar or hitting the short cut key "H". Then you can implement it as described in s.15.5 of the manual.
3. The Auto Convoy system does not provide a daily allotment of anything to anywhere. It is entirely demand driven and applies only to bases specifically put into operation by the player, using ship assets specifically set aside for the task by the player. Travel paths are entirely chosen by the AI and whilst there is some logic to take into account enemy force dispositions, this is limited and the optimal safest path is not always chosen.
4. The daily auto supply/fuel allocation has nothing to do with the Auto Supply system, nor port size, nor player actions. It is entirely determined by the scenario designer. Its operation and display is described in s.9.1 of the manual (specifically on page 205). Where present it provides a daily allotment only to the original owner of the base.
5. In scenario #4, the only Allied bases with an auto daily allotment are Sydney and Noumea.
6. Continuous Supply is explained in s.6.2.11 of the manual. This is different from the Auto Convoy system. It is available in all scenarios. It is not demand driven and will continue to deposit cargo, irrespective of spoilage or priority considerations, until altered by the player. Travel path can be specifically determined (with waypoints included) by the player.