Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Airborne or Airmobile Assault?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Armored Brigade >> Airborne or Airmobile Assault? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Airborne or Airmobile Assault? - 9/29/2019 12:33:05 AM   
blackcloud6

In the battle generator, how could I simulate an airborne or airmobile assault that had landed troops behind and enemy position but still have friendly ground troops attacking from the other end of the battle space putting the enemy between the two forces?
Post #: 1
RE: Airborne or Airmobile Assault? - 9/29/2019 1:41:39 PM   
Veitikka

This can be done with the no-go zones and/or impassable terrain such as water or mountains. See the 'Winter Desolation' scenario, where the tank platoon is separated from the other units.

Know thyself!

(in reply to blackcloud6)
Post #: 2
RE: Airborne or Airmobile Assault? - 9/29/2019 4:38:10 PM   
nikolas93TS

Although that is a sort of an improvisation. We will start increasing scenario variety soon.

(in reply to Veitikka)
Post #: 3
RE: Airborne or Airmobile Assault? - 9/29/2019 5:10:35 PM   
blackcloud6

Thanks. I have this scenario in the scenario/default folder and it comes up on the list when I want to chose a new mission to play. But when I bring up the mission editor it is not on the list. The list that comes up has mostly scenarios I've created and saved with only about three of the provided scenarios showing. How do I get the mission editor to point at the default scenarios folder?

Or do I have to bring up "Winter Desolation" and save it under a new name?

(in reply to Veitikka)
Post #: 4
RE: Airborne or Airmobile Assault? - 9/29/2019 11:53:51 PM   
blackcloud6

OK, I figured it out. I copied the Winter desolation file into the user folder and now I can bring it up in the mission editor.

Thanks!

Post #: 5
RE: Airborne or Airmobile Assault? - 9/30/2019 8:41:25 AM   
DoubleDeuce

Good to know there is a sort of workaround on this. I've been thinking about how to get a similar effect/setup in one of my scenario designs.

Post #: 6
RE: Airborne or Airmobile Assault? - 9/30/2019 1:51:59 PM   
blackcloud6

quote:

ORIGINAL: Veitikka

This can be done with the no-go zones and/or impassable terrain such as water or mountains. See the 'Winter Desolation' scenario, where the tank platoon is separated from the other units.

I tired this using a no-go zone for the enemy forces to prevent them for setting up in a particular area.* It worked. But then the area, of course, was unplayable as no forces would move into it. Something to consider is a "no set up zone" that prevents using the location for set up but will allow units to move into during the game. It would be one more tool for the scenario designer.

* In order to make the scenario do what I wanted to do, I had to use the north and south set up zones, but I wanted the bad guys to only set up in the western part of their zone so I made the eastern part of their zone a no-go are." I didn't want to know what the enemy set would be when I played it thus I didn't set them up when making the scenario.

(in reply to Veitikka)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Armored Brigade >> Airborne or Airmobile Assault? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI