Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Scenario end calculation

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Armored Brigade >> Scenario end calculation Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Scenario end calculation - 9/28/2019 1:11:14 AM   
blackcloud6

I've been playing a series of self-created scenarios set in 1975. I play as the Soviets and have been fighting against mostly the USA but also against the FRG. I've been using the default training and morale settings which gives the USA and FRG slightly higher training and morale. I notice that the USA and FRG break when they still seem to have good combat power left. I get it that the game is designed to not let one side fight to where it takes heavy casualties or is wiped out.

So how is this end game calculation done? Is it a certain percentage of forces lost? Does morale play into this? Is there a way to make the AI force fight a bit longer for more of a challenge?

It would also be neat if when the scenario is calculated to end the losing side has to with draw from contact a bit before the scenario actually ends. This, to me, would be adding a tad bit of realism.

Post #: 1
RE: Scenario end calculation - 9/29/2019 1:48:57 PM   
Veitikka

The manual chapter 5.6.3. Victory Points And Objectives:

"The battle ends when one side runs out of ‘victory points’. During the battle the player can prevent them from going down by occupying objective locations. Casualties make the victory points drop quickly. The balance between objectives and casualties is affected by the mission type. The Battle Generator default value is based on the sector size and the force types. For example, if the sector is large and the force type is infantry, then it will probably take a long time for the units to travel across the map, so the system estimates that it will be a long battle and the victory point level should be high. The scenario designer can adjust the value as he sees fit. If the value is too low then the scenario can end too soon. If the value is too high then there can be prolonged waiting even after all the objectives have been taken.

The defending side has 50% less victory points than the advancing side. In meeting engagements, casualties affect scoring 50% more than in other mission types."

Know thyself!

(in reply to blackcloud6)
Post #: 2
RE: Scenario end calculation - 9/30/2019 1:58:45 PM   
blackcloud6

quote:

The scenario designer can adjust the value as he sees fit.

Thanks. I missed this part when I read over it in the manual, probably too quickly: "The scenario designer can adjust the value as he sees fit."

I'm playing a series of scenarios I construct as I go, the next one is designed depending on how the current one turns out. It's great fun, kind of a story driven campaign. Some times the NATO forces seems to quit (I'm playing the Soviets) when they still have significant combat power left; I suspect this is due to the expense of their units and thus, losses hurt. I may bump up the VCs a tad, say 10% just to see how it works.

(in reply to Veitikka)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Armored Brigade >> Scenario end calculation Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI