Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Tryed started a new base and nothing happened.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tryed started a new base and nothing happened. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Tryed started a new base and nothing happened. - 9/28/2019 12:59:12 AM   
jagsdomain

Sent engeneer to the Canal to start a US base. It gave me a small for but the base is OZ and not US.
What do I need to do.
Post #: 1
RE: Tryed started a new base and nothing happened. - 9/28/2019 2:37:40 AM   
BBfanboy

You will need to use political points to change the base to a US command such as SouthWest Pacific command.

But that is not necessary to have other units use the base. Your Australian units that took the base must have been assigned to an Unrestricted HQ, so any unrestricted unit can use the base. Base administration only matters if you are trying to maximize your air unit performance, and you will not have much of a base there for a while, so the number of air squadrons you have will be small.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to jagsdomain)
Post #: 2
RE: Tryed started a new base and nothing happened. - 9/28/2019 5:03:46 AM   
jagsdomain

OK thanks!

DO you have any idea why some ships do not want to refuel? I have DD at Suva that do not want to refuel?

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 3
RE: Tryed started a new base and nothing happened. - 9/28/2019 5:21:41 AM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: jagsdomain

OK thanks!

DO you have any idea why some ships do not want to refuel? I have DD at Suva that do not want to refuel?

If the DD is in a TF, it can be refueled if:

- the base has a big enough port to do it without docking the DD (around level 4, I think), or by docking the TF
- the port has enough fuel
- the port has not used up all of its available points for refueling when refueling other ships

If the DD is disbanded in port it can be refueled by clicking on "Replenish ships in port". All that is required is that there be at least a level 1 port and there is fuel, and refueling ops points have not been used up already.

If there is an AO or TK in port or in a TF at the port the DD can refuel from them using the Replenish TF at Sea hypertext.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to jagsdomain)
Post #: 4
RE: Tryed started a new base and nothing happened. - 9/28/2019 7:39:36 AM   
GetAssista

New bases are not possible in the game. All bases are there on the map from the start of the scenario. Some are dot ones, but they already have some ownership. BBfanboy has covered the changing of the latter

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 5
RE: Tryed started a new base and nothing happened. - 9/28/2019 8:43:22 AM   
Sardaukar

Also check they are in Combat mode...they do not build when Strat mode.

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

(in reply to GetAssista)
Post #: 6
RE: Tryed started a new base and nothing happened. - 9/28/2019 12:27:57 PM   
jagsdomain

quote:

ORIGINAL: GetAssista

New bases are not possible in the game. All bases are there on the map from the start of the scenario. Some are dot ones, but they already have some ownership. BBfanboy has covered the changing of the latter

I had this dream of starting a us base
Guss I will pack em up and send them to Tuligi

(in reply to GetAssista)
Post #: 7
RE: Tryed started a new base and nothing happened. - 9/28/2019 12:51:44 PM   
Alfred

quote:

quote:

All your dreams are pointless. Instead of wasting our and your time, get back to planet earth by reading the manual and discovering what the game reality is. Of course you need to have purchased the game to actually have a manual.

Alfred

(in reply to jagsdomain)
Post #: 8
RE: Tryed started a new base and nothing happened. - 9/28/2019 2:30:30 PM   
jagsdomain

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alfred

quote:

quote:

All your dreams are pointless. Instead of wasting our and your time, get back to planet earth by reading the manual and discovering what the game reality is. Of course you need to have purchased the game to actually have a manual.

Alfred

Wow your the first jerk I have come across on this forum. Guess it had to happen some time. Please never respond to anyone every again. There is no need for rudeness at all ever.

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 9
RE: Tryed started a new base and nothing happened. - 9/28/2019 4:01:14 PM   
Moltrey

Jags:

Your actions so far here are making people suspicious that you have not actually purchased the game (and thus have access to the manual which answers the vast majority of your 100+ posts) but have obtained it through "other" means.
Bottom line- most guys with manuals take the strong hint on the forums to seek their basic answers there after being prompted to once or twice.

Alfred and other like-minded folks may be mistaken, but they have seen this before, so... that's why he said what he did.

I am replying only because I don't want it to appear Alfred is the only one picking on you.

(in reply to jagsdomain)
Post #: 10
RE: Tryed started a new base and nothing happened. - 9/28/2019 4:03:14 PM   
jagsdomain

quote:

ORIGINAL: Moltrey

Jags:

Your actions so far here are making people suspicious that you have not actually purchased the game (and thus have access to the manual which answers the vast majority of your 100+ posts) but have obtained it through "other" means.
Bottom line- most guys with manuals take the strong hint on the forums to seek their basic answers there after being prompted to once or twice.

Alfred and other like-minded folks may be mistaken, but they have seen this before, so... that's why he said what he did.

I am replying only because I don't want it to appear Alfred is the only one picking on you.

I have started and I am at Dec 28 42. Yea its a large learning curve but you do your thing.
I have 2 small kids and full time job. I get about 2 hour a day for my self. I dobtbhave the luxury of lots of time. I have the book and am reading it but only so much time in the day.

< Message edited by jagsdomain -- 9/28/2019 4:05:41 PM >

(in reply to Moltrey)
Post #: 11
RE: Tryed started a new base and nothing happened. - 9/28/2019 11:19:29 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Moltrey

Jags:

I have started and I am at Dec 28 42. Yea its a large learning curve but you do your thing.
I have 2 small kids and full time job. I get about 2 hour a day for my self. I dobtbhave the luxury of lots of time. I have the book and am reading it but only so much time in the day.

One of the first things to understand about the forum: nearly all of us players have been flamed by Alfred's terse, and sometimes incomplete corrections of our suppositions and flawed analysis. Alfred leaves some of the answer hanging, I think, to encourage us to RTFM and do our own research online - threads already covering our issue and developers comments.
Regardless of feeling like you have been roasted , you must understand that Alfred is trying to help us and he is one of the last people here who can look at the code to see how it works. So as much as we would like a diplomatic reply, it ain't gonna happen so we take our spanking and say thank you because we really need someone fact-checking us.
You're welcome!

(in reply to jagsdomain)
Post #: 12
RE: Tryed started a new base and nothing happened. - 9/29/2019 1:40:19 AM   
Fishbed

Jags,

If you want to keep on asking your smaller questions without flooding the forum and risking to come across a grumpy old timer the wrong way, I suggest you to head over there
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4669391

and join the discord introduced by Sardaukar.

It's not that old timers are less numerous or less grumpy over there, but the way interaction works in a chatroom is probably a bit more adapted to your present needs and means of expression
It is, as a rule, a bit more laid back.

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 13
RE: Tryed started a new base and nothing happened. - 9/29/2019 12:58:54 PM   
Trugrit

+1 for BBfanboy.

jagsdomain,

When I did my time in Navy Basic Training in San Diego I learned that there are certain
questions and actions that can draw the attention of the company commander real fast.

One of those things is giving the indication, by question or action, that you are not paying attention.

This game has a steep learning curve and you really can’t be spoon-fed, you have to do your basic
homework no matter how long it takes. You have to have patience; it is going to be tested.

If you give the indication that you are too lazy to dig for basic information then you may be
called out by someone on this forum who has a very low tolerance every single day.

One thing you can do to improve your knowledge of the game mechanics is to carefully examine
Every single screen in the game. There is a lot under the hood.

You want to mouse over every single line of it to see if you get a Fly-out.
Fly-outs can give you important information like in the picture below.

If you see text that is a different color than the rest of the text around it you want to click on it
to see if it does something important. Often you will get another screen that you want to examine
in the same way.

Then you can go to the manual and search the forum if you are not clear on it.
You have to have patience; it is going to be tested.

If you have to ask a question, then you want to be able to string together coherent English
sentences that contain good factual information that forum members can act on without a
further request for information.

Try hard to get your spelling correct. That shows respect for yourself and members of the forum.

Then if someone smacks you on the nose it is not productive to insult them back.
They may be able to help you in the future when you need help on more serious questions.

Believe me, there are many more serious questions in your future if you stick with this game.

Hang in there, we all go through it. I’ve been there. No exception to the rule.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Fishbed)
Post #: 14
RE: Tryed started a new base and nothing happened. - 9/29/2019 2:42:38 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trugrit

+1 for BBfanboy.

jagsdomain,

When I did my time in Navy Basic Training in San Diego I learned that there are certain
questions and actions that can draw the attention of the company commander real fast.

One of those things is giving the indication, by question or action, that you are not paying attention.

This game has a steep learning curve and you really can’t be spoon-fed, you have to do your basic
homework no matter how long it takes. You have to have patience; it is going to be tested.

If you give the indication that you are too lazy to dig for basic information then you may be
called out by someone on this forum who has a very low tolerance every single day.

One thing you can do to improve your knowledge of the game mechanics is to carefully examine
Every single screen in the game. There is a lot under the hood.

You want to mouse over every single line of it to see if you get a Fly-out.
Fly-outs can give you important information like in the picture below.

If you see text that is a different color than the rest of the text around it you want to click on it
to see if it does something important. Often you will get another screen that you want to examine
in the same way.

Then you can go to the manual and search the forum if you are not clear on it.
You have to have patience; it is going to be tested.

If you have to ask a question, then you want to be able to string together coherent English
sentences that contain good factual information that forum members can act on without a
further request for information.

Try hard to get your spelling correct. That shows respect for yourself and members of the forum.

Then if someone smacks you on the nose it is not productive to insult them back.
They may be able to help you in the future when you need help on more serious questions.

Believe me, there are many more serious questions in your future if you stick with this game.

Hang in there, we all go through it. I’ve been there. No exception to the rule.

Just one thing Trugrit - jagsdomain's native language is probably not English, so it is probably difficult for him to compose questions/situations with the kind of precision we would like. In this case I try to be patient with some of the confusion inherent in communication.

(in reply to Trugrit)
Post #: 15
RE: Tryed started a new base and nothing happened. - 9/29/2019 2:54:43 PM   
Chickenboy

Hi Jags,

I've answered your question over on the Discord section as well. While what others have said above (Trugrit, Fishbed and BBfanboy) is correct, it also doesn't excuse Alfred's ongoing abuse of new and naive player questions. I apologize for him and his persistent and unnecessary rudeness.

There is also no cause to suspect-or openly acuse you-of being a thief. And I won't rationalize such absurd generalizations by waving it away with 'we've seen it before'.

With that said, you need to be more precise in the formulation of your question if you want specific help. Screenshots always help.

When you say you sent an engineer unit to 'the Canal', do you mean the Panama canal or Guadalcanal (sometimes called 'the canal' in parlance)? Which engineer unit (and nationality) did you send? How did you send it? Did it have engineer squads or equipment in its TOE/OOB? Did you also send a unit with assault value (AV)?

If you are hung up on the green star over the base vs. an Aussie flag, there's not much you can do about that. But it won't affect the ability of American base forces / engineers to operate out of the base. In other words, you can't start a 'new American base' out of Guadalcanal-it will still be Aussie unless it's captured by the Japanese. But you can commit American units to it and build it out.

(in reply to Trugrit)
Post #: 16
RE: Tryed started a new base and nothing happened. - 9/29/2019 2:58:08 PM   
Trugrit

I agree with that also, but not in this case.

His post #9 was perfect when he wants it to be.

In fact, in my experience,I've found that most non-native speakers have a better command
of English than I do.

Sometimes I watch British T.V. shows and I don't know what they are saying half the time.

I wonder if English is not really my native tongue.

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 17
RE: Tryed started a new base and nothing happened. - 9/29/2019 6:58:17 PM   
Alfred

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

...Just one thing Trugrit - jagsdomain's native language is probably not English, so it is probably difficult for him to compose questions/situations with the kind of precision we would like. In this case I try to be patient with some of the confusion inherent in communication.

1. He can post screenshots.

2. Look up his name, it doesn't immediately jump out as that of someone who is not a native English speaker.

Instead we only get very sloppy posts which result in responders guessing and providing not necessarily correct or relevant replies. Which of course can lead to urban myths and straight out misunderstandings amongst all those other newbie players who don't post. Where is your concern for those other players who are misled or confused.

A few days ago in a different thread, the transhipment of restricted units was explained. Then a couple of days later a new thread is opened again complaining of not being able to tranship units, which of course were restricted.

You must have very little to do in life that you can afford to just waste your time repeating the same answer only days apart. How much respect was shown to the first responders who explained about restricted troops. Those responders were treated with contempt as being quite disposable. I spend far too much time researching most of my answers before posting to ensure accuracy and relevance that I put off doing other things to just throw away my time. Look up my posting times and factor in the time differential. I don't see too many North Americans consistently posting at the times which would suit me.

In a separate post in this thread you complain that I provide inadequate answers. Don't hide behind a slur, identify the occasions. I provide detailed answers, usually in a step by step manner to aid in comprehension. Not many forumites, for whom English is not their native language, complain that they can't understand what I post. I can't disclose specific algorithms, nor the details of internal dev discussions; that information was never forthcoming from the devs and my disclosure would be most inappropriate. If you read very carefully what I disclose you would notice that I push as much as I dare the boundary of what is disclosed. The more perceptive forumites pickup on the nuances, most forumites don't.

Ever considered how it comes across to be tolerated only because the devs don't really explain the game mechanics anymore. So why do so many long term forumites regularly provide wrong answers. Where is the thrill of doing so? Is it just to get post numbers up or perhaps in the anonymity of the internet the freedom to not care because there is no reputation to protect. What exactly is the saving grace which justifies these people to be tolerated. This weeks thread on river crossing is a disgrace with the quite erroneous information provided by experienced forumites. How are newbies, already confronted with the learning cliff of AE, to cope with such contradictory information provided by experienced forumites. Who can be trusted to provide accurate information? Someone who just guesses what the question really is and for whom no value is placed on their time? Even now, with the correct basic information on river crossings now posted in that thread, there are important relevant details not found in that thread.

I don't have a duty of care to this forum. If you don't know what that means, ask a lawyer. But if I do respond I take it very seriously that it is incumbent on me to be accurate and precise. It is called being professional to those who do not abuse my time and effort, or indeed the time and effort of others who also provide answers. Being professional is not a one way thoroughfare, it requires reciprocity. Most newbies, most non native English speakers and everyone who PMs me seeking assistance, understand this two way thoroughfare.

Alfred

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 18
RE: Tryed started a new base and nothing happened. - 9/30/2019 2:57:10 AM   
BBfanboy

quote:

quote:

...Just one thing Trugrit - jagsdomain's native language is probably not English, so it is probably difficult for him to compose questions/situations with the kind of precision we would like. In this case I try to be patient with some of the confusion inherent in communication.

1. He can post screenshots.

2. Look up his name, it doesn't immediately jump out as that of someone who is not a native English speaker.

Instead we only get very sloppy posts which result in responders guessing and providing not necessarily correct or relevant replies. Which of course can lead to urban myths and straight out misunderstandings amongst all those other newbie players who don't post. Where is your concern for those other players who are misled or confused.

A few days ago in a different thread, the transhipment of restricted units was explained. Then a couple of days later a new thread is opened again complaining of not being able to tranship units, which of course were restricted.

You must have very little to do in life that you can afford to just waste your time repeating the same answer only days apart. How much respect was shown to the first responders who explained about restricted troops. Those responders were treated with contempt as being quite disposable. I spend far too much time researching most of my answers before posting to ensure accuracy and relevance that I put off doing other things to just throw away my time. Look up my posting times and factor in the time differential. I don't see too many North Americans consistently posting at the times which would suit me.

In a separate post in this thread you complain that I provide inadequate answers. Don't hide behind a slur, identify the occasions. I provide detailed answers, usually in a step by step manner to aid in comprehension. Not many forumites, for whom English is not their native language, complain that they can't understand what I post. I can't disclose specific algorithms, nor the details of internal dev discussions; that information was never forthcoming from the devs and my disclosure would be most inappropriate. If you read very carefully what I disclose you would notice that I push as much as I dare the boundary of what is disclosed. The more perceptive forumites pickup on the nuances, most forumites don't.

Ever considered how it comes across to be tolerated only because the devs don't really explain the game mechanics anymore. So why do so many long term forumites regularly provide wrong answers. Where is the thrill of doing so? Is it just to get post numbers up or perhaps in the anonymity of the internet the freedom to not care because there is no reputation to protect. What exactly is the saving grace which justifies these people to be tolerated. This weeks thread on river crossing is a disgrace with the quite erroneous information provided by experienced forumites. How are newbies, already confronted with the learning cliff of AE, to cope with such contradictory information provided by experienced forumites. Who can be trusted to provide accurate information? Someone who just guesses what the question really is and for whom no value is placed on their time? Even now, with the correct basic information on river crossings now posted in that thread, there are important relevant details not found in that thread.

I don't have a duty of care to this forum. If you don't know what that means, ask a lawyer. But if I do respond I take it very seriously that it is incumbent on me to be accurate and precise. It is called being professional to those who do not abuse my time and effort, or indeed the time and effort of others who also provide answers. Being professional is not a one way thoroughfare, it requires reciprocity. Most newbies, most non native English speakers and everyone who PMs me seeking assistance, understand this two way thoroughfare.

Alfred

My only defence for giving wrong advice on occasion is that my age is scrambling memories to the extent that I sometimes offer things that I thought I knew but had somehow mixed up with other concepts. I want to help new users so I am reluctant to say nothing if no one else is responding to them. But if I say something I can rely on other forumites correcting me, expanding the info I provided, or even agreeing with me sometimes!

As for research, my mind used to be organized and could plow through a lot of data to find nuggets, but now I have trouble concentrating enough to read a paragraph longer than four or five lines - my eyes lose track of where I was reading. So, yes, I have gotten lazy about trying to extract info from crowded data.
When I get a decent sleep and have a refreshed mind, I try.

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 19
RE: Tryed started a new base and nothing happened. - 9/30/2019 3:28:56 AM   
Zorch

quote:

quote:

quote:

My only defence for giving wrong advice on occasion is that my age is scrambling memories to the extent that I sometimes offer things that I thought I knew but had somehow mixed up with other concepts. I want to help new users so I am reluctant to say nothing if no one else is responding to them. But if I say something I can rely on other forumites correcting me, expanding the info I provided, or even agreeing with me sometimes!

As for research, my mind used to be organized and could plow through a lot of data to find nuggets, but now I have trouble concentrating enough to read a paragraph longer than four or five lines - my eyes lose track of where I was reading. So, yes, I have gotten lazy about trying to extract info from crowded data.

+1
Getting old sucks.

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 20
RE: Tryed started a new base and nothing happened. - 9/30/2019 3:22:32 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

Don't apologize for your even-handed and thoughtful responses to helping others on this forum, BBfanboy. While you may not be in a position to write a thousand grandiloquent words on how busy you are, your efforts to help noobs and experienced players alike has not gone unnoticed. For myself, I think timely, friendly and (mostly) accurate advice to be more helpful than imperious and invective-laced exhortations to RTFM.

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 21
RE: Tryed started a new base and nothing happened. - 9/30/2019 3:25:59 PM   
BBfanboy

Thank you for the support! I'll not forget it .... OK, maybe I will by next week!

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 22
RE: Tryed started a new base and nothing happened. - 9/30/2019 4:31:42 PM   
Gridley380

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

Don't apologize for your even-handed and thoughtful responses to helping others on this forum, BBfanboy. While you may not be in a position to write a thousand grandiloquent words on how busy you are, your efforts to help noobs and experienced players alike has not gone unnoticed. For myself, I think timely, friendly and (mostly) accurate advice to be more helpful than imperious and invective-laced exhortations to RTFM.

Agreed.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 23
RE: Tryed started a new base and nothing happened. - 10/2/2019 2:34:48 PM   
SuluSea

I do believe Alfred makes good points and his 'lovable grouchiness' taken into account, I value his many contributions.

The OP asks the most basic of questions, those could be answered by glancing at the manual and have been answered many times in the forum.

The search engine works and the OP has asked nothing that hasn't been answered here many times over.

Highlite WITP AE and your question in google and you'll get plenty of answers.

The constant peppering of the most basic of questions only dilutes the forum and will make searching more cumbersome and finding answers to time consuming for those in need.

< Message edited by SuluSea -- 10/2/2019 2:35:22 PM >

(in reply to Gridley380)
Post #: 24
RE: Tryed started a new base and nothing happened. - 10/2/2019 4:15:43 PM   
jagsdomain

Hope everyone is happy feeling smug about your selves and having someone to make fun of.
Always good times..... O yea for everyone but one.

(in reply to SuluSea)
Post #: 25
RE: Tryed started a new base and nothing happened. - 10/2/2019 5:26:25 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

Hope everyone is happy feeling smug about your selves and having someone to make fun of.
Always good times..... O yea for everyone but one.

People stating their reactions is not "making fun of you". They have been saying they expect players to try and find the answers to basic questions in the manual and from previous forum threads. To them it is annoying to be asked to respond to questions about such readily available information - like a teenager pestering his mother to do something he is perfectly capable of doing but has become stuck in the habit of asking mom. At some point mom is going to tell him off.

In short, they are asking you to change your behaviour. No one is rejecting you as a person or belittling you for not knowing stuff. If you try to find info and cannot quite get the answer you seek, coming to the forum with the question is quite appropriate, but you must make the question clear and provide screenshots or narrative examples so forumites can give specific answers.

And on the internet, learn to "fog", (which means letting things the could bother you pass through without causing a reaction) because there will always be trolls poking at you to get a reaction. When they get none they will go away.

(in reply to jagsdomain)
Post #: 26
RE: Tryed started a new base and nothing happened. - 10/2/2019 6:54:31 PM   
MakeeLearn

I've been very busy and stressful lately, found some time to drop in here and saw this.

jagsdomain if you feel the need to interact with people on things you truly do not understand, then ask whatever questions you need to. People that don't like it will get over it.. War is Hell.

As I write this, 2 Bald Eagles soared across the yard, i went outside to scream at them and a Hawk beat me to it.

I see your last name is listed as Glaze.
Do you have any Alabama Glaze ancestors? I have several from around the U.S. Civil War time.
Some were brothers in the same regiments.

One brother was discharged from his regiment by order of General Bragg himself and placed into another command.

Another brother:

"deserted 8 Apr 1862 from Shelby Springs, Alabama"
"June 28, 1862 – Near Tupleo, Miss.; reported as a deserter."
"Oct 1862 – Absent, without leave."
"Nov 1862 – Near Tullahoma, Tennessee; reported as a deserter."

He seems to have been in several different units, was never court martial and collected a veteran pension.
A interesting story there.

My coffee is ready time to drink and go!

Drive on!

< Message edited by MakeeLearn -- 10/2/2019 9:03:15 PM >

There is no such thing as truth in the perceptible universe: every idea when analyzed is found to contain a contradiction.
Aleister Crowley

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 27
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tryed started a new base and nothing happened. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI