Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Russo-German War 1941-45

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> After Action Reports >> Russo-German War 1941-45 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Russo-German War 1941-45 - 9/27/2019 11:50:12 AM   
larryfulkerson

I thought I'd give this scenario a run through so Steve could get some feedback. I'm told it's like D21 but from the Soviet side against the Axis PO.

Here's the Axis combat results from their first turn and you can see that they went after my airforce from the start. Lots of my Soviet air units evaporated and lots of them are in reorg. Turn two will bring more carnage no doubt.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by larryfulkerson -- 9/27/2019 12:23:33 PM >

"Am I in hell? I thought there would be more country western music."
Paulogia, 2019
Post #: 1
RE: Russo-German War 1941-45 - 9/27/2019 12:28:57 PM   
larryfulkerson

Here's how far they have gotten so far.

Attachment (1)

Paulogia, 2019

(in reply to larryfulkerson)
Post #: 2
RE: Russo-German War 1941-45 - 9/27/2019 1:17:04 PM   
larryfulkerson

Wow. I was letting the Axis forces go through their turn two and the game crashed to desktop. I hadn't saved the game so I don't have a file to post. I'll have to let the Axis forces do their turn one again, do my moves, and then SAVE the game and then let the Axis side execute again and see if it crashes again. There was no information in the toaw_log file about the crash and there was no crash_log file. Strange.

Paulogia, 2019

Post #: 3
RE: Russo-German War 1941-45 - 9/27/2019 2:50:10 PM   
sPzAbt653

Wow is right. Over a year of playing and testing in all modes [except pbem] and never one crash, and I've got a c2012 W7 machine.

I might suggest that if it happens again that you start to save it at the end of your turn so that if it happens we will be able to run it again to see if we can figure it out.

Post #: 4
RE: Russo-German War 1941-45 - 9/27/2019 5:29:01 PM   
rhinobones

Never had a complete TOAW IV crash, but have had the game lock up (become non-responsive). Always seems to happen when I move units by air, sea or train over long distances. Also appears to be connected to the lower screen zoom levels. Dell, W10.

Regards, RhinoBones

Colin Wright:
Comprehensive Wishlist Forum #467 . . . The Norm (blessed be His name, genuflect three times and accept all values in the program as revealed truth)

Pre Combat Air Strikes # 64 . . . I need have no concern about keeping it civil

Post #: 5
RE: Russo-German War 1941-45 - 9/27/2019 7:26:50 PM   
Karri

quote:

ORIGINAL: rhinobones

Never had a complete TOAW IV crash, but have had the game lock up (become non-responsive). Always seems to happen when I move units by air, sea or train over long distances. Also appears to be connected to the lower screen zoom levels. Dell, W10.

Regards, RhinoBones

Moving units long-distance causing the game to freeze has been there for as long as I remember, and usually, you just need to wait for the game to finish the movement for the game to become responsive again. Turning off unit counters before doing such a move works as well.

(in reply to rhinobones)
Post #: 6
RE: Russo-German War 1941-45 - 9/27/2019 8:30:16 PM   
Hellen_slith

quote:

ORIGINAL: rhinobones

Regards, RhinoBones

These steps may help, they did for me before I switched to a dedicated Win7 machine:

Sound OFF
TOAWLOG OFF
SITREP LOG OFF

Killing the mini-map / air briefing window / info line also may help before doing those big moves under Win10

The game works great on my Win7 machine. No issues there, I have sound ON, TOAWLOG ON, SitRep ON in Win7 but sometimes it still burps (says [not responding sometimes, but recovers quickly])

I hope this information is helpful. Seems to be some kind of memory leak under Win10, not sure.

Cheers!

(in reply to rhinobones)
Post #: 7
RE: Russo-German War 1941-45 - 9/27/2019 9:12:35 PM   
Zovs

You can (or should be able to) move the mouse when the screen goes blank when you move a long distance and then it repaints and your good to go.

I don't play with sound on, but I log stuff. Also using Windows 10.

Steve thanks for the graphic fix for the "I" for huge 2D zoomed in. That was bugging me.

War in the East/War in the East II - Alpha Test Teams
WarPlan Beta Tester
DG CWIE2 tester/SPWW2 and SPMBT playtester/scenario creator

(in reply to Hellen_slith)
Post #: 8
RE: Russo-German War 1941-45 - 9/27/2019 11:31:05 PM   
rhinobones

Thanks all for the information. Turning off the unit icons is something I haven’t tried. I guess the fewer graphics the computer refreshes the less chance of something going wrong.

Usually it’s just a momentary stoppage, but the hard freeze is when the screen hazes over and it doesn’t come back after a couple of minutes. Then it’s time to restart.

Regards, RhinoBones

Colin Wright:
Comprehensive Wishlist Forum #467 . . . The Norm (blessed be His name, genuflect three times and accept all values in the program as revealed truth)

Pre Combat Air Strikes # 64 . . . I need have no concern about keeping it civil

(in reply to Zovs)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> After Action Reports >> Russo-German War 1941-45 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI