Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Black Cross Red Star Air War Over the Eastern Front: Volume 4 is out!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Black Cross Red Star Air War Over the Eastern Front: Volume 4 is out! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Black Cross Red Star Air War Over the Eastern Front: Vo... - 9/25/2019 10:16:37 PM   
Commanderski

Black Cross Red Star – Air War Over the Eastern Front : Volume 4, Stalingrad to Kuban 1942-1943 is finally out! You can get it on Amazon or order it directly from Chris Bergstrom

Also from Chris: "I am publishing this entirely by myself, and have no economic means for marketing etc. Also, I have not been able to get a book distributor in the United States. That is the reason why in the United States there is only a soft-cover edition without any aircraft color profiles available via Ingram Spark. But io course, people living in the United States who order the book from me, will receive the hardcover edition with aircraft color profiles etc.

All help to spread the word about the book on the Internet, etc, and to ask book stores and museums etc to purchase the book will be received with the greatest gratitude. This book series is, in fact, living from hand to mouth, and each subsequent volume is totally dependant on the success of the previous volume, and its crowdfunding.

Anyone who can find a new crowdfunder (who has not crowdfunded Vol. 4), willing to order a copy of Volume 5 at the crowdfunder price of USD$ 100, gets a 10 % discount off my price of USD$ 60 from me on that volume. Please ask any new crowdfunder (or anyone who wishes to order a signed hardcopy Volume 5 at my regular price of USD$ 60) to e-mail me at vaktelforlag@gmail.com.

I will e-mail all of you when the book is here.

Anyone of you who has not ordered a personally signed copy of Volume 4, is welcome to do so at vaktelforlag@gmail.com

The price is USD$ 60 - or USD$ 100 in crowdfunding - plus USD$ 25 in shipping.

Please continue reading.

I would be most grateful if you could also spread the word about these two books by me - also published entirely by myself:

Arnhem 1944 – An Epic Battle Revisited, two volumes:
https://vaktelforlag.se/produkt/arnhem-1944-epic-battle-revisited-vol-1-tanks-paratroopers/

– Andy Nunez, editor of Against the Odds Magazine, wrote this review:
"Volume One of Arnhem 1944 is a solid hit. Christer Bergström gets high marks for original research, comprehensive orders of battle, and interactive QR codes that immerse the reader into the heat of battle. This puts a whole new face on Market-Garden.”

LUFTWAFFE PILOTS IN WORLD WAR II: The Veterans’ Stories Volume 1
https://vaktelforlag.se/produkt/luftwaffe-pilots-world-war-ii-veterans-stories-volume-1/

You are of course welcome to order personally signed hard-cover copies of those books too from me, at vaktelforlag@gmail.com

The price for both volumes of Arnhem plus Luftwaffe Pilots Vol. 1 is altogether USD$96 plus USD$ 25 in postage." "
Post #: 1
RE: Black Cross Red Star Air War Over the Eastern Front... - 9/27/2019 5:46:54 PM   
Zug

That's interesting that the next one is coming out. I bought the first few volumes at the time Il-2 Sturmovik came out (2001-ish), as it was a must-have reference. TBH I wasn't impressed with the books aside from the marvelous color plates. The books were OK, and nice to have because they covered a subject for which my library had a big gap. But at times I found them awkwardly written, unfocused and the author's insistence on never using rank abbreviations fills a third of the book alone :)

Your post Commanderski had an unforseen consequence, as my searches revealed that the original volumes are selling for a wee bit more than I might have guessed. I'll hold on to them for a few more years then cash in and retire.

It's also interesting that the US version lacks color plates, and is paperback, and maybe black and white?. I would be incredibly disappointed if I hadn't known and that's what I received. And there are bound to be folks who don't pick up on this.

< Message edited by Zug -- 9/27/2019 8:03:53 PM >

(in reply to Commanderski)
Post #: 2
RE: Black Cross Red Star Air War Over the Eastern Front... - 9/28/2019 11:28:20 AM   
Commanderski

I also paid quite a bit for the first 3 volumes as they are out of print, especially volume 1.

The author also intends to publish updated versions of volumes 1 - 3 so I think that would diminish the value of the originals.

In the original volumes, 1 was all black and white except for the cover. Volumes 2 and 3 only had a few color pictures with the rest all black an white so there isn't much difference between those and the US version of volume 4. You can buy the hardcover color version directly from him.

Remember that the book is being published by the author and not a big publishing company so he has to cut costs where he can.

I haven't received my copy yet and I'll post a review after I get it.

(in reply to Zug)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Black Cross Red Star Air War Over the Eastern Front: Volume 4 is out! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI