Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

What modification can increase weapon range?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> What modification can increase weapon range? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
What modification can increase weapon range? - 9/20/2019 10:03:12 PM   
matro-2000

Have you noticed that most ship weapons in the game have low range compare to the other 4X strategy games? Some energetic weapons like blasters and torpedoes even lose their damage after certain distance, which make standoff combat inefficient for ships with such weapons.
I understand that this feature makes Distant Worlds more realistic and challenging. But on the other hand it limits range based strategy during the space battle because ships which get closer to the target have advantage of causing more damage. As the result most of the battles between fleets look like this:

A compressed pile of ships floating in small circle. It looks unepic, and most of all, it removes need to micromanage position of ships during battles depending on their range. Of course there is missile type of weapon, but it is not enough. I want other types of weapons to have larger range too. And besides, missiles are mostly used in order to siege space stations and platforms.
Maybe I don’t really understand how combat mechanic works in Distant Worlds, and increasing range might ruin some other aspects of the game; micromanaging ships probably doesn’t even matter at all in Distant Worlds. Still, I want larger weapon range, and it can be done by installing certain modification.

So which modification can you recommend? There are a lot of modifications like Retreat UE, Bacon, Unleashed Extended etc. and I don’t have much time (and I am also too lazy) to look up each of them in order to find one where weapon range is increased.
Which modification has feature of bigger weapon range? If there are several of such modifications, can you please name them? I would really appreciate it.
Post #: 1
RE: What modification can increase weapon range? - 9/21/2019 3:53:28 PM   
LordMM

I believe the Retreat UE + Bacon mod increases the range some of the weapons. It also makes the battles more spread out through out the solar system due to the way Hyperspace accuracy and Star gravity restriction on Hyperspacing works.

< Message edited by LordMM -- 9/21/2019 3:55:29 PM >

(in reply to matro-2000)
Post #: 2
RE: What modification can increase weapon range? - 9/21/2019 8:15:21 PM   
matro-2000

I will check out those modifications. Thanks for advice!

(in reply to LordMM)
Post #: 3
RE: What modification can increase weapon range? - 9/21/2019 11:51:03 PM   
RogerBacon

quote:

ORIGINAL: LordMM

I believe the Retreat UE + Bacon mod increases the range some of the weapons. It also makes the battles more spread out through out the solar system due to the way Hyperspace accuracy and Star gravity restriction on Hyperspacing works.

It also has a setting in the Baconsettings.txt where you can set the range multiple for base weapons (default is 2.0 so all weapons on bases will have double range). Really an immobile object that can't out range its opponents is worthless.

BTC 14UURmC4rD762RStsufKmaUjfXQrBvahU1
ETH 0x7c65139BC82A0BDC5b11F92001D5c5a112219f08

(in reply to LordMM)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> What modification can increase weapon range? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI