Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Second Nation Pack – France and Belgium enter the arena

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Armored Brigade >> Second Nation Pack – France and Belgium enter the arena Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Second Nation Pack – France and Belgium enter the arena - 9/18/2019 12:00:57 PM   
Daniele

Armored Brigade developers are very proud to reveal the second DLC they are working on. After working on covering the struggles of the southern front between Italy and Yugoslavia, it’s time to refocus on north-central Europe.

France and Belgium are indeed the protagonists for this second Nation Pack, bringing their armed forces in a new map, the Ardennes. Check out the product page for more details.

Armored Brigade and both the Nation Packs will be out on Steam on October 31st.

Summary of the features:

two new factions France and Belgium
new map: Ardennes, centered around Bastogne
overall more than 200 units

FRANCE:

A striking feature of the French formations of 1970s is the extent to which they were tank-heavy, due to their intended mode of operations. Their tactics were closer to US Armored Cavalry Regiments (or, indeed, their own pre-WW2 Division Légère Mécanique) in that they were not intended for holding ground. Like the DLM of 1940, the mechanized regiments were to operate like the earlier dragons portes, locating and delaying the enemy and preparing the situation for a counter strike by the tank regiments. However, during the 1980s the heavy manoeuvre forces saw an increase in the proportion of infantry, through the attachment of motorized infantry divisions to the corps headquarters, addition of VAB-equipped infantry regiments to infantry divisions, and an increase in the number of infantry companies in mechanized regiments.

BELGIUM:

As host to NATO since 1967, Belgium has always placed great importance on functioning as a reliable and credible ally. Despite the small size of its population and demanding colonial commitments, Belgium managed to make a significant contribution to NATO collective defence, deploying half of its Army to the FRG as part of the Belgian I Corps. The remainder of the army comprised the Forces of Interior responsible for the defense of the home territory, made up of regular army units which would be augmented in wartime by the local gendarmerie and reserve forces. In addition, the Forces Interior were supplemented by a regiment of elite para-commandos with two airborne infantry and one commando battalion. However, much of its equipment remained obsolescent; its main battle tank, the Leopard 1(BE) was of 1960s vintage and its M75 and AMX-13 Mod 56 APCs, as well as its Alouette II helicopters were almost museum-pieces from the 1950s. However, the Army went through a modest re-equipment programme through the 1980s; upgrading its APCs and artillery, increasing the numbers of ATGMs and replacing most of the Air Force’s fast jets with modern aircraft. Nevertheless, the Belgian Army of the Cold War remains a very interesting and challenging faction.

< Message edited by Daniele -- 9/18/2019 12:01:15 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Second Nation Pack – France and Belgium enter the a... - 9/18/2019 1:10:43 PM   
exsonic01

OH MY GOD!! Baguette and waffle? Plus steam release date? This shouldn't be a dream!! Thank you so much!! Can't wait until the end of October !!

< Message edited by exsonic01 -- 9/18/2019 1:16:27 PM >

(in reply to Daniele)
Post #: 2
RE: Second Nation Pack – France and Belgium enter the a... - 9/18/2019 1:18:00 PM   
budd

This sounds cool, how about a map preview

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

(in reply to exsonic01)
Post #: 3
RE: Second Nation Pack – France and Belgium enter the a... - 9/18/2019 1:40:02 PM   
Veitikka

quote:

ORIGINAL: budd

This sounds cool, how about a map preview

On the product page there's a screenshot of the map selection screen. This work-in-progress version is only a part of the complete map.

Know thyself!

(in reply to budd)
Post #: 4
RE: Second Nation Pack – France and Belgium enter the a... - 9/18/2019 1:45:57 PM   
exsonic01

Ardennes and Bastogne... I think this would intrigue some WW2 moders.

(in reply to Veitikka)
Post #: 5
RE: Second Nation Pack – France and Belgium enter the a... - 9/18/2019 2:08:25 PM   
Lowlaner2012

Awesome stuff, looking forward to the release 😎

(in reply to exsonic01)
Post #: 6
RE: Second Nation Pack – France and Belgium enter the a... - 9/19/2019 3:43:48 PM   
blackcloud6

Too cool. Tres Bien! merci! Now I'll have to break out that nice AMX-30 kit I've been wanting to build.

(in reply to Lowlaner2012)
Post #: 7
RE: Second Nation Pack – France and Belgium enter the a... - 9/28/2019 9:11:18 PM   
DoubleDeuce

Honestly, I probably won't use these OOB's much BUT I'm working on scenarios/content for some other games (boardgames, not PC) and a map for the Ardennes really interests me both in AB and for my other projects so count me in on getting it. Besides I like where this game is headed and want to support it.

(in reply to blackcloud6)
Post #: 8
RE: Second Nation Pack – France and Belgium enter the a... - 10/31/2019 11:48:49 AM   
22sec

Good luck today gentlemen with the Steam release and new DLC release!

(in reply to DoubleDeuce)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Armored Brigade >> Second Nation Pack – France and Belgium enter the arena Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI