Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Strategic Command WWII: World at War Community Pack

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> RE: Strategic Command WWII: World at War Community Pack Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Strategic Command WWII: World at War Community Pack - 10/8/2019 6:40:41 AM   
steevodeevo

Hi folks,

Every time I try to load a player mod scenario from the pack, at the end of teh first turn I get this and it crashes:

(in reply to chopper66)
Post #: 31
RE: Strategic Command WWII: World at War Community Pack - 10/18/2019 11:21:58 PM   
Hairog

I hope the Community Mods will get their tweeks soon. I know I submitted mine for the Naval Mods.

Maybe that will fix your error.

World War Three 1946 Books
SC3 EAW WW Three 1946 Mod
SC3 WAW Comm Mod Naval War
WarPlan Beta

(in reply to steevodeevo)
Post #: 32
RE: Strategic Command WWII: World at War Community Pack - 10/24/2019 9:12:21 PM   
helmseye

quick question

has the starting technology changed for naval war mod? it used to give all countries (IMHO) a better start but now seems to of gone?

"Victory needs no explanation, defeat allows none"

(in reply to chopper66)
Post #: 33
RE: Strategic Command WWII: World at War Community Pack - 11/21/2019 2:02:41 PM   
Hairog

quote:

ORIGINAL: helmseye

quick question

has the starting technology changed for naval war mod? it used to give all countries (IMHO) a better start but now seems to of gone?

I used a higher level for the beta. I decided to keep as much as I could of the scenarios as close as I can to the original in the mod. You already have so many changes to deal with that changing of the tech. would be too much.

< Message edited by Hairog -- 11/21/2019 2:03:30 PM >

WarPlan Beta

(in reply to helmseye)
Post #: 34
RE: Strategic Command WWII: World at War Community Pack - 12/1/2019 5:56:11 PM   
ouldy

Hi

In the Naval War Mod game, it doesnt seem possible to reinforce the destroyer units. Does anyone know if this is an issue please.

(in reply to Daniele)
Post #: 35
RE: Strategic Command WWII: World at War Community Pack - 12/2/2019 3:01:06 AM   
Hairog

Screening Task Forces are limited to 6 strength points max. They are easy to damage and shatter, but they are very easy and fast to rebuild. Historically, hundreds of destroyers were lost compared to very few capital ships. They are expendable and should be used as obstacles to hinder enemy movement.

The best way to think of the Naval Mod is to imagine zooming in on a fleet with individual Task Forces playing their roles. Most naval games have this model to simulate naval warfare. You have a large scale map to move fleets and when the fleets meet, you move to a tactical map with individual ships.

In this case, it's one step up from individual ships to Task Forces. Radar, airplanes and their carriers of WWII have made this scale adjustment nessicary. You didn't have surface ships shooting at each other to any great extent after the first few encounters. The planes decided the battle way before the surface units got within range.

WarPlan Beta

(in reply to ouldy)
Post #: 36
RE: Strategic Command WWII: World at War Community Pack - 12/2/2019 9:57:32 PM   
ouldy

Thank you

(in reply to Hairog)
Post #: 37
RE: Strategic Command WWII: World at War Community Pack - 12/2/2019 10:32:29 PM   
Hairog

NP. Hope you enjoy the Naval Mod.

WarPlan Beta

(in reply to ouldy)
Post #: 38
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> RE: Strategic Command WWII: World at War Community Pack Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI