Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How can I talk to my opponent in online game?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> How can I talk to my opponent in online game? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How can I talk to my opponent in online game? - 9/17/2019 10:04:16 AM   
judah

As above. Is there a way we can chat with our opponents in online challenge mode?

A couple of days earlier I started a challenge online to play with my friends in a scenario I designed, 1937 nineteen thirty-seven-1945 nineteen forty-five(should be only digital but the forum says i cannot type long numbers lol) History, a gigantic scenario about Sino-Japan war. Then we changed our mind and played via PBEM. But I forgot to retract the challenge.

So I feel deeply sorry when I noticed a mate called "Hellen_slith" accepted my challenge later. It is not that I don't want to play with a stranger, but this scenario has a bunch of weird elements in it, and it would be a pure waste of time if a player knew nothing about the scenario nor the history.

That is why I want to connect with the Helen_slith person to ask him if he still want a game, if so I could send him the introduction.

< Message edited by judah -- 9/17/2019 10:19:58 AM >

Post #: 1
RE: How can I talk to my opponent in online game? - 9/17/2019 4:09:11 PM   
Hellen_slith

Hello fellow grognard!! Yes, I saw the challenge there and noticed it had been up for a few weeks, so I accepted it thinking you might be looking for a random encounter. I've started another since then (Korea 2005) so that one has kind of filled me up. But I would like to see the introduction to that scenario if you can send it. Thanks for reaching out, you can send me an email by clicking my name label thing over there on the left. Have a great day!

(in reply to judah)
Post #: 2
RE: How can I talk to my opponent in online game? - 9/17/2019 8:47:36 PM   
judah

Good.

I didn't expect you, the exact person to see this post!

Sorry for this late reply!

I am still working on the English version of introduction, and I will send it to you ASAP.

PS: Is it OK that I post the introduction here in this forum? How much could a attachment be? 20M?

(in reply to Hellen_slith)
Post #: 3
RE: How can I talk to my opponent in online game? - 9/17/2019 10:02:17 PM   
Hellen_slith

:) No need to apologize, I figured that you were just working on your move! :)

Somehow I looked at the scene briefly, and thought ... "wow, that's a big scene!" but now I can't seem to find how I looked at it.

No rush, I'm not sure how to attach something like that. I think the usual way to do it is to "zip" the scene and the documentation together in one zip file, and post it in the "mods and scenarios" section? I'm not sure, I'm not too familiar with all that computery stuff.

Ok, well thanks again and have a great day!

(in reply to judah)
Post #: 4
RE: How can I talk to my opponent in online game? - 9/21/2019 12:19:15 PM   
Hellen_slith

quote:

ORIGINAL: judah

As above. Is there a way we can chat with our opponents in online challenge mode?

Not that I am aware of, although there is a sort of work around. The user name on the online challenge system uses (with sometimes minor exception) the name tag of Matrix forum users .... So, you can use the user search function here to most likely find a challengers email. Then you can send them an email using the "Send an email" to them here.

But, to my knowledge, there is not way to "chat" in the online challenge mode. Wouldn't it be cool to be able to have a little text box your opponent and you could chat during moves? Or that you could let him watch you moving if you wanted, so that you could discuss it in real time? That would be so cool.

< Message edited by Hellen_slith -- 9/21/2019 4:04:15 PM >

(in reply to judah)
Post #: 5
RE: How can I talk to my opponent in online game? - 10/10/2019 12:25:00 AM   
mdanz

quote:

ORIGINAL: judah

Is there a way we can chat with our opponents in online challenge mode?

I believe there is a new tech out I heard about that can accomplish just what your asking.
I heard someone call it "Texting", or possibly "I.M.".
But I'm not really sure.
There's also something called "Discord" which allows for human voice communication across great distances at fantastic speed.
Possibly one of those may work out if its actually true that they exist.
You can't believe everything you hear theses days.
Steam also has a "chat" feature if I'm not mistaken.
:)

(in reply to judah)
Post #: 6
RE: How can I talk to my opponent in online game? - 10/10/2019 9:55:31 AM   
Shadrach

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hellen_slith
Or that you could let him watch you moving if you wanted, so that you could discuss it in real time? That would be so cool.

Steam allows you to broadcast your game to "Steam Friends" and also to everyone if you want. Pretty cool feature

*walks away whistling*

(in reply to Hellen_slith)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> How can I talk to my opponent in online game? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI