Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Adjacent unit not spotted after naval landing

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> Adjacent unit not spotted after naval landing Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Adjacent unit not spotted after naval landing - 9/16/2019 7:47:19 AM   
EwaldvonKleist

I played around with Naval landing and got this situation. An AT brigade lands and there is a LW airfield next to it, which does not displace, because there is an Axis unit stacked with it, which is NOT spotted even though a Soviet unit is next to it?
From my understanding you will always know how many units are adjacent to one of your land combat units, even if you not necessarily get to know their CV or unit type?

Attachment (1)

Post #: 1
RE: Adjacent unit not spotted after naval landing - 9/17/2019 12:12:24 AM   
56ajax

Yeah well, um, the manual does say that an adjacent unit usually raises the detection level, which implies that there is a chance that there are some situations that it won't.

And brigades don't raise the detection level as well as a division; and it is an anti tank brigade which lacks recon elements?, and the fatigue is high and morale is???

Guessing really...

The best way to get violently assaulted is to actively promote non violence.

(in reply to EwaldvonKleist)
Post #: 2
RE: Adjacent unit not spotted after naval landing - 9/17/2019 9:40:04 AM   
Telemecus

The Rumanian cavalry brigade to the south west still does not have its CV displayed either. I do not know the algorithm for raising detection levels by being next to units, but so far at least it has always raised it by enough to reveal enemy CV.

My guess is the landing by naval invasion, as opposed to just moving overground to the next hex, has not triggered the increase in detection levels you would expect and that this is a bug?

Gary Grigsby Discord https://discord.gg/ME6af8c

(in reply to 56ajax)
Post #: 3
RE: Adjacent unit not spotted after naval landing - 9/17/2019 10:40:47 AM   
EwaldvonKleist

It is not unusual to be adjacent to an enemy unit with one of yours and not see their CV. But being adjacent and not seing the enemy unit at all is weird. As you say it must be because of the naval landing being different from normal movement.

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 4
RE: Adjacent unit not spotted after naval landing - 9/18/2019 6:16:37 AM   
Chris21wen

Have a look at section 13.1 on detection levels, particularly the first para.

Nothing you have said here is unusual to me. As has been said the AT unit lacks reon ability plus it's a small unit. Moving next to an enemy unit only improves the DL. The reason the inf unit has a better DL is it's got two more units adjacent al-be-it separated by a water

I suspect if you land something wtih recon anility (see game tip) then you might get more info but not all.

(in reply to EwaldvonKleist)
Post #: 5
RE: Adjacent unit not spotted after naval landing - 9/18/2019 7:40:23 PM   
joelmar

quote:

ORIGINAL: Telemecus

I do not know the algorithm for raising detection levels by being next to units, but so far at least it has always raised it by enough to reveal enemy CV.

I have seen a case at Sevastopol, I had 2 units adjacent to it, and I had a high detection level, I saw units names and CV, then I rotated the southern one, begining by the original unit leaving the hex, and then I lost the detection level and couldn't see the CV anymore, nor could I see it when I moved in the new unit. I don't remember about the unit names. Maybe if I had moved in the new unit before moving out the old one, things would have been different. That said, I didn't rotate the northern unit.

< Message edited by joelmar -- 9/18/2019 7:41:00 PM >

"The bugle sounds as the charge begins
But on this battlefield no one wins!"

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> Adjacent unit not spotted after naval landing Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI