Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Revised version of Comte de Grasse Squadron, 1988

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Revised version of Comte de Grasse Squadron, 1988 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Revised version of Comte de Grasse Squadron, 1988 - 9/15/2019 9:17:01 PM   
Mgellis

HalfLifeExpert spotted a potential problem with this scenario, so I revised it slightly. It's probably ready to be submitted to the Community Scenario Pack, but I figured it could not hurt to have people take a look and make sure there is nothing else that needs to be changed or corrected. Please let me know what you think. Thanks!

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Revised version of Comte de Grasse Squadron, 1988 - 9/15/2019 9:53:59 PM   
HalfLifeExpert

I've just tested the scenario with your revision. I think it works rather well.

Spoiler:

I was able to stop 3 of the 4 cruise missiles, but it was a tense moment when I failed to stop the last one due to it coming from a slightly different direction, and me briefly getting distracted by something else.

Strangely though, while I was expecting the missile to vaporize my base, it just got over the island and dropped off my scope. Are there weapon malfunctions modeled? That's the only explanation I can think of.

(in reply to Mgellis)
Post #: 2
RE: Revised version of Comte de Grasse Squadron, 1988 - 9/16/2019 8:56:16 PM   
Patmanaut

I´m replaying it without reading the comments.
Got Lajes vaporized on my first time. I've replayed a 100 second save, a first conventional warhead granit blasted a Chaparral unit and the second one vaporized Lajes again.
The chaparrals didn´t react at all no matter doctrine, EMCON, WRA, manual or auto targetting.
It´s been a while, since I've played Mark's scenarios which have a healty dose of unpredictability.

Regards

(in reply to HalfLifeExpert)
Post #: 3
RE: Revised version of Comte de Grasse Squadron, 1988 - 9/17/2019 2:29:04 AM   
Mgellis

The Chaparrals aren't able to hit missiles (I checked the database). You have to shoot the incoming missiles down with the Tomcats, which is actually one of the things they were designed to do.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Patmanaut

I´m replaying it without reading the comments.
Got Lajes vaporized on my first time. I've replayed a 100 second save, a first conventional warhead granit blasted a Chaparral unit and the second one vaporized Lajes again.
The chaparrals didn´t react at all no matter doctrine, EMCON, WRA, manual or auto targetting.
It´s been a while, since I've played Mark's scenarios which have a healty dose of unpredictability.

Regards

(in reply to Patmanaut)
Post #: 4
RE: Revised version of Comte de Grasse Squadron, 1988 - 9/17/2019 8:55:59 PM   
Patmanaut

(Spoiler.)

Yes, I realized that pretty quick.
On my first try I´ve sent the Tomcats to give some air cover to the merchants and the De Grasse group, to the despair of the people at Lajes.

(in reply to Mgellis)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Revised version of Comte de Grasse Squadron, 1988 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI