Shannon V. OKeets
From: Honolulu, Hawaii
Attached is a Hot Patch version 03.00.04.00.
I had trouble getting the server to accept the full zipped file as an attachment. So I have split the file into three pieces:
MWIF 03 00 04 00 A.zip = Just the executable MWIF.exe
MWIF 03 00 04 00 B.zip = The Tutorials Folder (which contains 2 files) plus the Release Notes
MWIF 03 00 04 00 C.zip = The WIF_Custom.bpl
EDIT: Note that the original attachment to this post became damaged. So I have deleted it and uploaded a clean copy of the attachment here.
This Hot Patch is unusual in that it includes several more files than just executable MWIF.exe.
1 - There are two new files in the folder Tutorials. Note well that this is Tutorials with an 's' at the end. You will need to add those two files to the existing Tutorials folder. These files are simple bmp's, and are used to display the 2D10 Land Combat Results Table - when called from the drop-down Help menu.
2 - There is a new WIF_Custom.bpl that needs to be installed as a replacement for the old one - which can be found in the same folder as MWIF.exe.
3 - And of course, included in the zipped file is a replacement MWIF.exe and the Release Notes for this version.
Release Notes for Version 03.00.04.00
(changes since 03.00.03.00)
All Modes of Play
1. For the Barbarossa scenario, added the 4 non-oil resources in the Ukraine for use in production (by the USSR or Germany).
2. Fixed a problem with air-to-air combat where if the sole attacking air unit were aborted (or cleared through, or destroyed), leaving no attacking air unit in the air-to-air combat, then the second die roll of the air-to-air combat (by the defender) was not made (result = 0) instead of using the air-to-air combat rating of the attacking unit that was aborted/cleared through/destroyed.
3. Fixed a problem where Vichy land units were unable to advance after combat.
4. Fixed a problem with Undoing moves of units controlled by Vichy France that are not Vichy French (e.g., they belong to a minor country controlled by Vichy France).
5. Fixed a problem with saved build points in Vichy France not being available after Vichy France is collapsed. They are now available to whomsoever owns the save build points. Note that only a limited number (usually 1) can be used each turn because they are not in the capital of the owning major power.
6. Fixed a problem where reorganizing a single convoy point with a reorganization unit only capable of reorganizing half of it was generating a new convoy unit with zero convoy points.
7. Fixed a problem with reorganizing units with a unit belonging to a major power that used an Offensive Chit in a Combined Action. Now those units have their reorganization points doubled when reorganizing land, naval, and air units.
8. Fixed a problem with reorganizing units when 1 reorganizing point of the reorganizing HQ/TRS/ATR was more than enough to reorganize the target unit. For example, in some instances an HQ only needed half a reorganization point to reorganize the target unit. In that case, the program was spending one full point (which is correct) but not reorganizing the unit (which was wrong).
9. Added a check to avoid a fatal error at the start of the naval reorganization phase when the game was damaged and has spurious units on the map.
10. Fixed a couple of possible errors in the Conquest phase where territories of a conquered country became Neutral even when there were land or air units present. Those territories/countries now become controlled by the major power with the greatest ‘influence’ in the country. However, land and air units in those countries stay where they are, even if they are (1) friendly to the major power that now controls the territory, or (2) at war with that major power.
11. Fixed a problem with scrolling down one page on the Detailed Map where it was scrolling down 2 pages instead of 1. This changed required replacing the file MWIF_Custom.Bpl.
12. Added a generic version of the 2 Die 10 Land Combat Results Table to the Help menu.
13. Fixed a problem with air-to-air combat where the program halted if only the Axis had air units to arrange for air-to-air combat.
14. Substantially modified the routines for naval air combat, specifically for the air-to-air combat dice rolls. By splitting some routines into their component parts, I was able to better control when messages (i.e., Game Record Logs - GRLs) about dice rolls and other events are sent from one player to the other. The main problem these changes corrected was that at times the computer wasn’t rolling the dice for the attacking player (the defending player rolls first) - or rolling twice for a player. Other fixes include: (1) correcting the program halting after the first player decides whether to Abort or Stay in an air-to-air combat, (2) eliminating a spurious second prompt for a player to decide whether to Fight or Abort after a round of naval combat, and (3) an occasional extra display of the Anti-Aircraft Fire form (the player owning the attacking bombers should always decide which bombers suffer the damage of the AA fire).
15. Fixed a problem with naval interceptions where if a moving group of naval units was not intercepted in a first sea area and not intercepted in a second sea area, then the program was halting.
16. Fixed a problem with a naval interception routine generating a fatal error on the intercepting side’s computer when: (1) the Allies intercept, (2) the search is successful, and (3) the moving side (Axis) decides to stop.
17. Added a check to avoid an infrequent fatal error during the Resource Lending phase.
< Message edited by Shannon V. OKeets -- 11/23/2019 10:20:51 PM >
Perfection is an elusive goal.