Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Hot Patch 03 00 04 00

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Hot Patch 03 00 04 00 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Hot Patch 03 00 04 00 - 9/14/2019 3:51:33 AM   
Shannon V. OKeets

Attached is a Hot Patch version 03.00.04.00.

I had trouble getting the server to accept the full zipped file as an attachment. So I have split the file into three pieces:
MWIF 03 00 04 00 A.zip = Just the executable MWIF.exe
MWIF 03 00 04 00 B.zip = The Tutorials Folder (which contains 2 files) plus the Release Notes
MWIF 03 00 04 00 C.zip = The WIF_Custom.bpl

This Hot Patch is unusual in that it includes several more files than just executable MWIF.exe.

1 - There are two new files in the folder Tutorials. Note well that this is Tutorials with an 's' at the end. You will need to add those two files to the existing Tutorials folder. These files are simple bmp's, and are used to display the 2D10 Land Combat Results Table - when called from the drop-down Help menu.

2 - There is a new WIF_Custom.bpl that needs to be installed as a replacement for the old one - which can be found in the same folder as MWIF.exe.

3 - And of course, included in the zipped file is a replacement MWIF.exe and the Release Notes for this version.

---

Release Notes for Version 03.00.04.00
(changes since 03.00.03.00)

All Modes of Play

Scenarios
1. For the Barbarossa scenario, added the 4 non-oil resources in the Ukraine for use in production (by the USSR or Germany).

Air Operations
2. Fixed a problem with air-to-air combat where if the sole attacking air unit were aborted (or cleared through, or destroyed), leaving no attacking air unit in the air-to-air combat, then the second die roll of the air-to-air combat (by the defender) was not made (result = 0) instead of using the air-to-air combat rating of the attacking unit that was aborted/cleared through/destroyed.

Vichy France
3. Fixed a problem where Vichy land units were unable to advance after combat.

4. Fixed a problem with Undoing moves of units controlled by Vichy France that are not Vichy French (e.g., they belong to a minor country controlled by Vichy France).

5. Fixed a problem with saved build points in Vichy France not being available after Vichy France is collapsed. They are now available to whomsoever owns the save build points. Note that only a limited number (usually 1) can be used each turn because they are not in the capital of the owning major power.

Reorganization

6. Fixed a problem where reorganizing a single convoy point with a reorganization unit only capable of reorganizing half of it was generating a new convoy unit with zero convoy points.

7. Fixed a problem with reorganizing units with a unit belonging to a major power that used an Offensive Chit in a Combined Action. Now those units have their reorganization points doubled when reorganizing land, naval, and air units.

8. Fixed a problem with reorganizing units when 1 reorganizing point of the reorganizing HQ/TRS/ATR was more than enough to reorganize the target unit. For example, in some instances an HQ only needed half a reorganization point to reorganize the target unit. In that case, the program was spending one full point (which is correct) but not reorganizing the unit (which was wrong).

9. Added a check to avoid a fatal error at the start of the naval reorganization phase when the game was damaged and has spurious units on the map.

Conquest
10. Fixed a couple of possible errors in the Conquest phase where territories of a conquered country became Neutral even when there were land or air units present. Those territories/countries now become controlled by the major power with the greatest ‘influence’ in the country. However, land and air units in those countries stay where they are, even if they are (1) friendly to the major power that now controls the territory, or (2) at war with that major power.

User Interface
11. Fixed a problem with scrolling down one page on the Detailed Map where it was scrolling down 2 pages instead of 1. This changed required replacing the file MWIF_Custom.Bpl.

12. Added a generic version of the 2 Die 10 Land Combat Results Table to the Help menu.

NetPlay

Air Operations
13. Fixed a problem with air-to-air combat where the program halted if only the Axis had air units to arrange for air-to-air combat.

14. Substantially modified the routines for naval air combat, specifically for the air-to-air combat dice rolls. By splitting some routines into their component parts, I was able to better control when messages (i.e., Game Record Logs - GRLs) about dice rolls and other events are sent from one player to the other. The main problem these changes corrected was that at times the computer wasn’t rolling the dice for the attacking player (the defending player rolls first) - or rolling twice for a player. Other fixes include: (1) correcting the program halting after the first player decides whether to Abort or Stay in an air-to-air combat, (2) eliminating a spurious second prompt for a player to decide whether to Fight or Abort after a round of naval combat, and (3) an occasional extra display of the Anti-Aircraft Fire form (the player owning the attacking bombers should always decide which bombers suffer the damage of the AA fire).

Naval Operations

15. Fixed a problem with naval interceptions where if a moving group of naval units was not intercepted in a first sea area and not intercepted in a second sea area, then the program was halting.

16. Fixed a problem with a naval interception routine generating a fatal error on the intercepting side’s computer when: (1) the Allies intercept, (2) the search is successful, and (3) the moving side (Axis) decides to stop.

Other
17. Added a check to avoid an infrequent fatal error during the Resource Lending phase.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Shannon V. OKeets -- 9/14/2019 8:55:48 PM >

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
Post #: 1
RE: Hot Patch 03 00 04 00 - 9/14/2019 8:56:54 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

Here is the second zipped file. See the first post for what it contains and to where its contents should be moved.

Attachment (1)

Steve

(in reply to Shannon V. OKeets)
Post #: 2
RE: Hot Patch 03 00 04 00 - 9/14/2019 8:57:45 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

Here is the third and final file for this Hot Patch.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Shannon V. OKeets -- 9/15/2019 7:28:55 PM >

Steve

Post #: 3
RE: Hot Patch 03 00 04 00 - 9/15/2019 7:09:41 PM   
rkr1958

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shannon V. OKeets

User Interface
11. Fixed a problem with scrolling down one page on the Detailed Map where it was scrolling down 2 pages instead of 1. This changed required replacing the file MWIF_Custom.Bpl.
Steve, thanks for your hardwork, continued support and latest update. Question. My current install (3.03) didn't have this file. The closest file to it was "WiFCustom.bpl". So, I just copied over, as a new file, "MWIF_Custom.Bpl" into the same folder as the "MWIF.exe". I assume that's correct?

Ronnie

Post #: 4
RE: Hot Patch 03 00 04 00 - 9/15/2019 7:40:58 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: rkr1958

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shannon V. OKeets

User Interface
Steve, thanks for your hardwork, continued support and latest update. Question. My current install (3.03) didn't have this file. The closest file to it was "WiFCustom.bpl". So, I just copied over, as a new file, "MWIF_Custom.Bpl" into the same folder as the "MWIF.exe". I assume that's correct?

My mistake.

The last time this file was changed was in early 2013. It had the name WIFCustom.bpl then, and that is what customers have in their primary file folder for MWIF.

I have since moved on to MWIF_Custom.bpl, which is the same file but with a different name.

So, yes deleting WIFCustom.bpl, inserting MWIF_Custom.bpl and then renaming the new file WIFCustom.bpl is correct.

I have fixed the third post in this thread so it has the correct file name. And here it is again, just so no one has to go looking for it.

===

You can test that the new file in working correctly by trying to scroll the Detailed Map down 1 page. Previously, it would scroll down 2 pages instead of one when using Ctrl Down Arrow. If it only scrolls down 1, then you have the new version of the bpl and it is working correctly.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Shannon V. OKeets -- 9/15/2019 7:42:00 PM >

Steve

(in reply to rkr1958)
Post #: 5
RE: Hot Patch 03 00 04 00 - 9/21/2019 10:33:04 PM   
CanInf

I will be flying this patch tomorrow! look forward to it!

Post #: 6
RE: Hot Patch 03 00 04 00 - 9/28/2019 6:53:02 AM   
warspite1

Can anyone using 3.0.4 provide feedback on this version please?

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to CanInf)
Post #: 7
RE: Hot Patch 03 00 04 00 - 9/28/2019 1:56:46 PM   
rkr1958

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

Not sure what specifically you're looking for but my impression is that 3.0.4 is better than (all) previous versions, but still not perfect. Production seems a bit better (but again not perfect). Supply calculations in (very) late game slow play down to almost, if not, an unbearable level. But that's true in all versions.

Ronnie

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 8
RE: Hot Patch 03 00 04 00 - 9/29/2019 5:28:03 AM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

Not sure what specifically you're looking for but my impression is that 3.0.4 is better than (all) previous versions, but still not perfect. Production seems a bit better (but again not perfect). Supply calculations in (very) late game slow play down to almost, if not, an unbearable level. But that's true in all versions.
warspite1

Thanks for responding. Just looking for the usual - is this a general improvement? Are there any nasty bugs that have been fixed by this? and has this version introduced any nasty new problem?

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to rkr1958)
Post #: 9
RE: Hot Patch 03 00 04 00 - 9/29/2019 3:57:18 PM   
rkr1958

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

Thanks for responding. Just looking for the usual - is this a general improvement? Are there any nasty bugs that have been fixed by this? and has this version introduced any nasty new problem?

I do think the latest (3.04) is a general improvement over previous versions and it fixed this game stopping bug https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4660047

Still couple of things I'd like: (1) ability to better control convoy routing and production and (2) ability to toggle supply calculations on/off (especially late game) but honestly I think with respect to bug fixes and (current) functionality we're about as far as MWiF is likely to go. Not sure what the future holds for MWiF. I assume at a minimum we'll see some level of continued bug fixing (if/as they crop up). After that I'm not sure what Matrix's plans are for MWiF? Additional optional rules? Additional scenario?

Ronnie

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Hot Patch 03 00 04 00 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI