I have several questions.
1. Can you provide a matrix to that table showing who we are in round one as far as pairings go? Mine says I am R5 but who am I playing?
There is a R3, R4, R5 and R8 and a B1, B2, B6 and B7 so that is all confusing.
Should it be R1-R4 and B1-B4 with R1 vs B1 and R2 vs B2 and err I am not sure how your doing the pairing part and not following.
2. Advanced Game Options?
I suggest turning off the following:
High Supply (that is the old way)
Variable Initiative (although for PBEM it does not mater)
3. What about the 'suggested house rule' don't watch the VCR playback? It's an honor rule and its the DAK vs the Desert Rats.
4. The Commonwealth goes first so they are the "Red" team so the R1-R4 or Rwhatever needs to go first. So we need to have clarity on items 2 and 3 above first.
5. I just opened up a test and as the CW they can use their air assets to attack, so another house rule?
Sorry for my confusion but this does look like it may be a fun one.
1. You are #6 on the matrix ... under the round 1 pairing column, it says "R5" for you ... so that means you have Red (Commonwealth) versus #5 (cpt flam, and his line says "B6" because he has blue pieces (germans) versus #6, zovs).
I initialized the pairings using a random draw and seeded the first four entrants using standard Swiss pairing rules for a "non-ELO" tournament.
Everybody after that was seeded in order of entry and paired using Dutch pairing rules.
Order of pairing and colors to play really don't matter in the first round of this non "ELO" tournament. In round 2, players will play those with similar scores from round 1 (as close as possible) and will have the other color pieces side to play. Pairings and colors in round 2 will be determined using the discretionary Dutch pairing rules for Swiss style tournaments.
2. All that is fine with me.
3. Yes, honor rules. We are all honorable gentlemen, are we not? :)
4. See answer to 1
5. Not sure, I am inclined to follow the scenario briefing. If I recall, Mr. McBride didn't mention restrictions on Commonwealth air use on turn 1, but I may have overlooked that. As long as we are all on the same page, makes no difference to me. My only suggestion is to keep things as easy as possible and as much fun as is possible.
I hope these answers help! Thanks for bringing these points up, we definitely want to have a good start!
< Message edited by Hellen_slith -- 9/24/2019 3:06:26 AM >