Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Ads and ags

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Ads and ags Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Ads and ags - 9/13/2019 5:48:08 PM   
gmtello

This small tenders have to be disbanded in ports with suply points? Or just disbanded or docked? And how are best used. I Dont know how to perform this tenders as jpn

< Message edited by gmtello -- 9/13/2019 5:49:38 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Ads and ags - 9/13/2019 5:59:40 PM   
geofflambert

Most tenders of various types will function just fine disbanded. Minefield tenders will but they will consume fuel doing so. Keep in mind that disbanded ships are vulnerable in Port attacks and sunk by bombers with air crews that have only been trained in ground attack.

(in reply to gmtello)
Post #: 2
RE: Ads and ags - 9/13/2019 6:05:31 PM   
btd64

Look at this thread; https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2990845&mpage=1&key=tenders�
It should help....GP

Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

WPO,WITP,WITPAE-Mod Designer/Tester
DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

I don't like paying for the same real estate twice..Gen. George S. Patton

(in reply to gmtello)
Post #: 3
RE: Ads and ags - 9/13/2019 6:26:25 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

Most tenders of various types will function just fine disbanded. Minefield tenders will but they will consume fuel doing so. Keep in mind that disbanded ships are vulnerable in Port attacks and sunk by bombers with air crews that have only been trained in ground attack.

And if tenders are kept busy they will use up their supply. The port needs to have supply to replenish the tenders, or the tenders can return to another supply source. You could even swap a full tender for an empty one while it goes to replenish somewhere.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to geofflambert)
Post #: 4
RE: Ads and ags - 9/14/2019 6:02:14 AM   
Kursk1943

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

quote:

And if tenders are kept busy they will use up their supply. The port needs to have supply to replenish the tenders, or the tenders can return to another supply source. You could even swap a full tender for an empty one while it goes to replenish somewhere.

And don't forget they don't replenish automatically. Therefore check their loading status from time to time, you will have to fill them up by using "Load tenders on the list" at the port screen.

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 5
RE: Ads and ags - 9/14/2019 4:34:36 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kursk1943

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

quote:

And don't forget they don't replenish automatically. Therefore check their loading status from time to time, you will have to fill them up by using "Load tenders on the list" at the port screen.

And yet another wrinkle - the "load tenders" button only gives you one phase (half a day) worth of loading. If that is insufficient to fill the tender you can put it in a TF and dock it (if there is a port and with "Do Not Unload" set) and have it load for the rest of the turn or subsequent turns until it is full. If you set it to auto-disband it will do so shortly after loading completes. Note that the amount loaded per turn depends on port size and naval support available.
The tender will still service the ships coming to use it while it is docked and loading but may have fewer ops points while doing so.

Do not push your most valuable/scarce tenders too far forward where enemy bombers can easily reach. For example, rather than send a large AV forward (able to handle 36 patrol or float planes, use AVDs to the most exposed places and AVPs for a bit less exposed places. AVDs have the speed to bug out if things get too dangerous while AVPs are half the speed and might not get out of danger in time. Both AVDs and AVPs usually handle only six patrol/float planes.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to Kursk1943)
Post #: 6
RE: Ads and ags - 9/16/2019 10:52:39 PM   
rustysi

quote:

The tender will still service the ships coming to use it while it is docked and loading but may have fewer ops points while doing so.

Pretty sure the tender must be disbanded in port to function as a tender. Additional requirements include supply and limited damage to the tender.

It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 7
RE: Ads and ags - 9/16/2019 10:56:14 PM   
rustysi

quote:

Do not push your most valuable/scarce tenders too far forward where enemy bombers can easily reach.

From my experience, AAA and fighters on CAP will limit this to one degree or another. WRT CAP this seems to be especially true if out of enemy fighter range. Of course you don't want to tempt fate too much if you don't have to.

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

(in reply to rustysi)
Post #: 8
RE: Ads and ags - 9/16/2019 11:33:33 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: rustysi

quote:

Pretty sure the tender must be disbanded in port to function as a tender. Additional requirements include supply and limited damage to the tender.

No, I thought that was a rule too but I have had tenders in TFs service other ships as long as they are in port.

(in reply to rustysi)
Post #: 9
RE: Ads and ags - 9/17/2019 4:48:37 AM   
jdsrae

I couldn’t find the reference to back this up, but I’m fairly sure from memory there was a line in an Alfred repairs post that the tender doesn’t need supply on board to be effective in its repair role, but does need supply to be able to rearm other ships.

Currently playing my first PBEM, no house rules Scenario 1 as IJ.
AAR link (no CrackSabbath): https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4684655

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 10
RE: Ads and ags - 9/17/2019 4:18:13 PM   
rustysi

From Alfred's repair post.

quote:

Table E: IRP generated by repair ships

(Undamaged, disbanded, unused tender generates 83 IRP)

So, to generate IRP (integrity repair points) a tender must be disbanded. AFAIK it says nothing about supply for this function.

(in reply to jdsrae)
Post #: 11
RE: Ads and ags - 9/17/2019 4:20:00 PM   
rustysi

From same reference.

quote:

The process of repairing ships does not consume supply, there is therefore no need for “tenders” to be loaded with supply when they are being used as “repair ships”

(in reply to rustysi)
Post #: 12
RE: Ads and ags - 9/17/2019 4:30:48 PM   
btd64

Yes, supplies are only needed for rearming....GP

Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

WPO,WITP,WITPAE-Mod Designer/Tester
DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

I don't like paying for the same real estate twice..Gen. George S. Patton

(in reply to rustysi)
Post #: 13
RE: Ads and ags - 9/17/2019 4:50:16 PM   
rustysi

From Don Bowen.

quote:

Ammo ships, including tenders providing rearming, depend on the type of replenishment ordered. If Replenish From Port is ordered, the ammo ships (and tenders) must be disbanded into the port. If Replenish At Sea is ordered, ammo ships (and tenders) must be in TFs in the hex. Some of this was changed after the manual was released. Ships doing rearming must have supply aboard and supply is consumed by the rearming. In addition, the ammo ship/tender must have sufficient capacity for the weapon being rearmed.

So both are correct depending on which option of replenishment is chosen.

(in reply to btd64)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Ads and ags Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI