Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Central Europe 2016

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Central Europe 2016 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Central Europe 2016 - 9/13/2019 1:50:41 PM   
Lukew

Currently gaming this scenario by Piotor Benki as the Polish side, Very good game so far but, according to the briefing there are no NATO reinforcements during the 42 terms (21 days) of the scenario. Fair enough, NATO members are bickering over Article 5

However an extended version in which NATO heavy forces do deploy at some stage (and the Russians get appropriate reinforcements) would be most welcome as exploring the ramifications of a present day NATO v Russia clash in Poland and the Baltic States is a most plausible scenario. Hopefully, in the real world this will remain "sci-fi on the Vistula"

The release of NATO reinforcements might be randomised with an increasing chance as time goes by to represent the political situation between NATO members. Possibly the EU might release forces separately from NATO (or not) There might also be a chance that Russia uses chemical weapons and that either side might use nukes escalating to a tactical or strategic exchange. Also there might be distractions elsewhere in the world that distract either or both sides or cause an escalation
Post #: 1
RE: Central Europe 2016 - 9/15/2019 8:08:39 PM   
ivanov

Where can we get this scenario?

Lest we forget.

(in reply to Lukew)
Post #: 2
RE: Central Europe 2016 - 9/16/2019 10:52:20 AM   
Lukew

For some reason the forum isb't allowing me to post links today but the site is called The operational art of war series alternate wars. There are a large bumber of scenarios from Operational Art of War 3 scenarios. The one you want should be in the Post Cold War Category

(in reply to ivanov)
Post #: 3
RE: Central Europe 2016 - 9/16/2019 11:04:05 AM   
Zovs

This site?

http://www.alternatewars.com/Games/TOAW/TOAW.htm

War in the East/War in the East II - Alpha Test Teams
WarPlan Beta Tester
DG CWIE2 tester/SPWW2 and SPMBT playtester/scenario creator

(in reply to Lukew)
Post #: 4
RE: Central Europe 2016 - 9/16/2019 4:22:17 PM   
Lukew

Yes. That site. It seems to be a very good scenario but one point I do bot agree with the scenario on is that NATO would not respond for three weeks when some NATO forces are already there. Perhaps special events might turn on the flow of reinforcements.

Within the duration of this scenario (3 weeks) we might add on

1 82nd Airborne and 101st Airmobile Divisions
2 The Franco German brigade
3 Armoured brigades/divisions from France, Germany and the UK
4 US Marines
5 Units from other NATO states we don't usually see in scenarios og Danish, Italian, Spanish, Czech)

That can trigger the deployment of additional Russian reinforcements

In an extended version (say a 6 - 8 week war) the US heavy division arrives and we get to play with M1A2s, Bradleys and Strykers, a much expanded air war and further Russian reinforcements. Special events might initiate Russian chemical weapons and the possibility of nuclear escalation

(in reply to Zovs)
Post #: 5
RE: Central Europe 2016 - 9/16/2019 4:25:56 PM   
Lukew

Also perhaps a variant with some additional NATO forces available at the start to help in the defence of the Suwalki Gap. More of a light tripwire force with a minimal heavy armour contingent.

(in reply to Lukew)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Central Europe 2016 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI