Command: Modern Operations - FAQ

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Daniele

Command: Modern Operations - FAQ

Post by Daniele »

Some Answers - Constantly in Updating
Just to answer some of the common questions

* C:MO is a new game with a new engine

* All CMANO scenarios can be loaded in to CMO, so you will to play all your existing scenarios. The aim is to have CMO recognise your installed DLC for CMANO so all the content you already bought will just appear in CMO, assuming we can iron out all the technical wrinkles to make that happen!

* All base game scenarios from CMANO are being updated to add support for new features and generally improve them in CMO.

* CMO uses a new file format so while you can load up CMANO scenarios on CMO, you wont be able to take CMO scenarios back to CMANO.

* There will be a significant incentive for players who want to upgrade from CMANO to CMO, so you will not be paying the full price if you already own CMANO. Details TBD.

* All existing scenarios should work right out of the box, including purchased DLCs and community works.

* PRO features that have been integrated with CMO: Support for real-time streaming to Tacview, the LOS tool, the ability to merge scenarios, and customizable aircraft formations.

* Multiplayer is not present yet, although there are plans for its implementation. Just remember the old way of saying about what happens to plans and first enemy contact ;)

* Any WW2 scenario in the works? There are far greater ambitions for WW2 than merely a few scenarios, so stay tuned!

* There will be Steam Workshop support

Stay tuned for further updates!|
cscrutinizer

RE: Command: Modern Operations - FAQ

Post by cscrutinizer »

Any WW2 scenario in the works? There are far greater ambitions for WW2 than merely a few scenarios, so stay tuned!
Now you're just teasing me...
76mm

Post by 76mm »

ORIGINAL: Daniele
* Any WW2 scenario in the works? There are far greater ambitions for WW2 than merely a few scenarios, so stay tuned!
Nice update, thanks. Thanks especially for the above!
Primarchx

Post by Primarchx »

I was thinking it would be a new (64-bit) engine given the path the sim has taken. This means huge gains in performance, I'm hoping.
tjhkkr

Post by tjhkkr »

Thank you!
Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.
tjhkkr

Post by tjhkkr »

Okay, I HATE TO ASK, but of course I am going to:
New Weather features?

Well, whatever you have up your sleeves, I know it will be a world class product!
Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.
ProdigyofMilitaryPride

Post by ProdigyofMilitaryPride »

What can I expect from the AI to stand out from CMANO?
Like turning radars on/off to counter anti-radiation missiles as well as managing missiles as well?
"The courageous must protect freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower
"Anything built by human hands can be destroyed. This is no exception." - Kei "Edge" Nagase, Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War
Sardaukar

Post by Sardaukar »

I guess "enhanced dogfight routines" mentioned in https://www.matrixgames.com/game/comman ... operations are great for WW II scenarios. Dogfight has been quite sub-par so far, IMHO.
"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

LORDPrometheus

Post by LORDPrometheus »

While I would still love to see more end user customization of units to allow users to build and export their own even if this is the final feature list from what I have already seen you have earned my support
Sardaukar

Post by Sardaukar »

Definitely must to buy.I am just bit worried about my laptop resources if new version is lot more "heavy" than current CMANO.
"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

SNaidamast

Post by SNaidamast »

When is this new software going to be available for purchase? I am very interested in modeling the possibilities of an Israeli\Iran conflict...
Andrea G

Post by Andrea G »

ORIGINAL: Daniele

WOW!
Something like the glorious "Command at Sea" from Clash of Arms?
For me it was the ideal WW2 companion to Harpoon.

I would like to help if you need data on the Regia Marina, got tons of books on the subject.
You can't miss the "Cilindro Assorbitore Pugliesi" on the italian BB's.

[:D]
SNaidamast

Post by SNaidamast »

I thought Command - Modern Operations was to be Post WWII only...
JPFisher55

Post by JPFisher55 »

i have been using Abgster's Ares Lite 1.1. I have noticed an improvement in AI performance. Will CMO have similar improvements to its AI over CMANO?
AKar

Post by AKar »

ORIGINAL: SNaidamast

I thought Command - Modern Operations was to be Post WWII only...
Perhaps there could be Command - WW2 Operations in the works.
Mgellis

Post by Mgellis »

Additional questions...

1. Will the global map be revised so that large inland bodies of water (Great Lakes, African Great Lakes, more of the very large rivers like the Mekong and the Yellow, etc.) will be available as sites for scenarios?

2. Will any "soft" options (firing warning shots, water cannons to discourage people who are getting too close, ramming, boarding actions, surrendering to authorities, etc.) be added? If so, which ones? (You can simulate some of these with lua actions, etc. but it would be nice if they were built into the game itself.)

3. What changes, if any, are planned for land combat?

(Yes, as you can see, I'm interested in seeing Command expand its options for low intensity conflicts.)

Thanks!
ProdigyofMilitaryPride

Will a player's past CMANO scenarios also be allowed to be improved? As in being allowed to add in new platforms, change events, etc.?
"Anything built by human hands can be destroyed. This is no exception." - Kei "Edge" Nagase, Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War
HalfLifeExpert

Post by HalfLifeExpert »

ORIGINAL: ProdigyofMilitaryPride

Will a player's past CMANO scenarios also be allowed to be improved? As in being allowed to add in new platforms, change events, etc.?

That is a good question, I wonder if there is plans for an optional scenario converter to the new format.

If so, we may not know for a while though.

ORIGINAL: Mgellis

Additional questions...

1. Will the global map be revised so that large inland bodies of water (Great Lakes, African Great Lakes, more of the very large rivers like the Mekong and the Yellow, etc.) will be available as sites for scenarios?

2. Will any "soft" options (firing warning shots, water cannons to discourage people who are getting too close, ramming, boarding actions, surrendering to authorities, etc.) be added? If so, which ones? (You can simulate some of these with lua actions, etc. but it would be nice if they were built into the game itself.)

3. What changes, if any, are planned for land combat?

(Yes, as you can see, I'm interested in seeing Command expand its options for low intensity conflicts.)

Thanks!

Good questions, I am especially interested in #2.

Having more bodies of water to work with would be great too, but you'd have to have a very creative setup for operations in the Great Lakes. USA and Canada are best friends!
ProdigyofMilitaryPride

Here's a little something I pondered on "The King is Back" thread a while ago...
Here's something that should be implemented, if practical - The ability to target ships moored at docks/piers, etc. As opposed to catching them with explosions to do damage. It makes a lot of sense on the subject of using C-4, high explosive and satchel charges.

Can this be made possible, if at all with the new ground system? And will certain military spec-ops teams have the ability to climb mountains and swim across bodies of water?
Sardaukar

Post by Sardaukar »

Dare I wish for WW II DLC already? [8D]

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”