Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Tactical Reserve Question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Tactical Reserve Question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Tactical Reserve Question - 9/11/2019 2:49:06 AM   
VHauser

I am testing artillery units for the PO. I deploy my artillery in fortified mode. But as soon as the PO begins to move, it takes all of its artillery out of fortified mode and switches to tactical reserve.

I want my artillery to remain in fortified mode, and I never want the PO to switch it to tactical reserve. In fact, I never want the PO to put ANY of its units into tactical (or local) reserve.

How do I force the PO to never ever put its units into tactical (or local) reserve?

Member since May 2000 (as VictorHauser)
Post #: 1
RE: Tactical Reserve Question - 9/11/2019 12:54:57 PM   
VHauser

Well, I was incorrect.

Here is the problem. I'm building a fortified line. If the forts in that line go Tactical Reserve, they get no defensive bonus, right? But if the forts are in Fortified mode and are knocked out of Fortified mode due to enemy attacks, then what happens? In that case, they have zero movement, so even if they have organic engineers, they can't dig in again. So the best case would be for the fort to go Tactical Reserve, so they can at least support nearby friends.

So, the best solution is to put the forts in Garrison status in Fortified mode. That way they get Fortified defensive bonus for the initial enemy attacks, then switch to Tactical Reserve once they are knocked out of Garrison status so they can at least support nearby friends.

Sorry to waste your time with a non-issue. [However, if there ever comes a time when zero-movement units can dig in, then this becomes an issue.]

Member since May 2000 (as VictorHauser)

(in reply to VHauser)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Tactical Reserve Question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI