Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Two Questions for "Air Sea Battle"

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Command: Chains of War >> Two Questions for "Air Sea Battle" Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Two Questions for "Air Sea Battle" - 9/11/2019 1:25:17 AM   
Eboreg

I'm now coming to the end of my playthrough of Chains of War and I'm currently thinking about how to evade SAR satellites like the one that found the Ronald Reagan in "Salvo". I was initially thinking of just shooting all of them down but a few issues came up that I want clarified.

1) What's the DLZ of ASATs? I need to be able to make sure my SM-3s are in the right spot to hit any SAR satellites without putting my CVs into too much danger.

2) While one of my own SAR satellites passed over the Spratly Islands, I had a bit of an epiphany, is it really possible to evade enemy SAR satellites using f'king T-Rex logic? (If you don't move, they can't see you)
Post #: 1
RE: Two Questions for "Air Sea Battle" - 9/11/2019 1:48:08 AM   
Zanthra

1) The size and energy in a ASAT missile is dwarfed by the energy available to a satellite launch vehicle. You can’t chase down the satellite with the missile like you might be able to against an aircraft. That means you have to launch very early on a head on intercept course. Basically the goal is for the missile to just get in front of the satellite so it crashes into the missile. The DLZ is the zone the target has to be in to give the missile sufficient time to get in front of it given it’s speed and max range. If the launch unit is directly under the path of the satellite it will give the largest window in which the missile can be launched, anywhere off from the satellites path and the DLZ window is much less.

2) No. Relative to the speed of a SAR satellite any ship is already not moving. ;) Look up Inverse SAR.

< Message edited by Zanthra -- 9/11/2019 1:50:12 AM >

(in reply to Eboreg)
Post #: 2
RE: Two Questions for "Air Sea Battle" - 9/11/2019 11:37:51 AM   
Eboreg

Ah well... it's a good thing that China's OTH radars spontaneously blew up anyways...

The fact that the Texas has two empty VLS tubes has absolutely nothing to do with it, nothing at all.

< Message edited by Eboreg -- 9/11/2019 12:44:24 PM >

(in reply to Zanthra)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Command: Chains of War >> Two Questions for "Air Sea Battle" Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI