So... I just finished my playthrough of "Korean Ground Game" and oh boy, is it an intense one. Let me tell you, constantly answering requests for air support while trying to keep away from enemy light anti-aircraft emplacements is incredibly fun. I had to use almost all of my assets (almost, the strike fighters in Japan mostly stayed on the ground) to get as high a score as possible but I ended up flat out wiping out the DPRK's armored units . However, there do seem to be a few problems with the scenario design.
- The opening artillery barrage was pretty disheartening for me and almost made me quit. I actually cheated a bit to minimize the damage but in retrospect, that didn't seem awfully necessary.
- It's rather odd that there's really no penalty for ignoring most support requests. Chewing up enemy Infantry Companies didn't really improve my score so I feel that there should be a bit of a points penalty for letting them go.
- There's one point where I had to take out a North Korean Gimlet that was parked slightly inside of South Korean territory on the east coast. The placement did seem a little odd so I'm wondering if it was supposed to be there.
- "Event 11" (yes, I did take a few looks with the scenario editor) was problematic for two reasons: first, the AA presence around the Infantry Company was so intense that I pretty much had to politely tell my commanders to buzz off with that support request and second, the Infantry Company happened to spawn inside the endpoint zone for the "Coastal 3" support mission accidentally deactivating it and making sure a full set of artillery in the 4th wave never even started moving. (Which actually saved their lives in my playthrough )
- "Event 14" was actually rather frustrating since it accidentally put the reference point in a very different longitude from the Infantry Company forcing me to "peek under the hood" as the saying goes to pull off that support request.
- Either the path or the spawn point for the units in the "Central Rally 3" support mission is poorly thought out since they bizarrely backtrack from their spawn point once they show up making sure that they're never going to reach the front before the scenario ends.
- Finally, for the fourth wave, a AAA battery meant for the "Kaesong West" support mission is accidentally spawned in the same formation as the units meant for the "Kaesong East 2" support mission meaning one of the Artillery formations is left without any sort of anti-aircraft cover and players will bizarrely see an enemy AAA battery moving all by its lonesome.
Oh... one last thing... Hellfire OP, plz nerf