Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Command: Modern Operations - The King is back

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Press Releases, News and Events from Matrix >> Command: Modern Operations - The King is back Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Command: Modern Operations - The King is back - 9/3/2019 3:37:34 PM   
Daniele

You thought lightning strikes just once? Think again! Command: Modern Operations, the sequel to 2013’s Wargame of The Year “Command - Modern Air/Naval Operations” is coming soon.

A dark UI for our dark times: Command’s user interface has been radically overhauled with a dark, sleek theme that emphasizes usability and style. In addition, Command can now be played either as a standard desktop windowed application or as a more traditional full-screen game.

Command in comfort: Hundreds of tweaks, changes and improvements on the user interface and gameplay experience directly based on player feedback. Minimaps? Check. Quickly load recent scenarios or saves? Yup. Real-time dynamic ORBATs of both friendly forces and known contacts? Yessir. Time-step sim execution to prevent “runaway sim”? Can do. Glorious victories or crushing defeats have never felt so easy to experience.

Treat your eyes while punishing your foes: Feast your vision on Command’s new smooth-flowing global map, complete with new high-resolution map layers that must be seen to be believed. More than half a terabyte's worth of imagery & terrain information at your fingertips to exploit in combat or just wander around. Optionally link up with Tacview* for real-time 3D visualization of the battlefield.

The war just got more ruthless: Don’t spend too long gawking at the pretty UI and maps, because the battlefield is even more alive and ready to crush you! Expanded ground ops let you take advantage of distinct terrain types (desert, forest, urban, swamps etc.) for mobility, weapon effects and visibility. Enhanced AI routines for dogfights and even more technical factors make your grip on air superiority more tenuous. The groundbreaking features of the “Chains Of War” campaign are now standard: Disrupt your enemy’s communications to isolate his units (but watch out for your own), perform scriptless amphibious, airdrop or pickup operations, watch as aircraft limber back shot almost to pieces and marvel at exotic new weaponry.

Jump quickly into battle, or build your own war: The new “Quick Battle Generator” lets you quickly get into the action without worrying about wider strategic or political complexities. Or use the scenario editor to put together your own dream battle just the way you want it. Enhanced scripting capabilities through the built-in Lua engine mean you can even create your own combat AIs. Think you can create your own WOPR/Joshua? Prove it!

Six years on and still the best: All the original Command official scenarios remastered from the ground up by professional scenario designer Rory Noonan (author of the “Silent Service” DLC), plus brand-new official and community scenarios to quench your mayhem appetite. Updated cold-war and modern-day databases with the latest in hardware and systems mean you’ll never run out of setups to try out. Seamlessly import and use your existing Command scenarios, saves, .inst files and more!

Command: Modern Operations. The king is back.

* Tacview not bundled with C: MO; separate purchase of Tacview Advanced Edition required.
Post #: 1
RE: Command: Modern Operations - The King is back - 9/3/2019 4:10:53 PM   
juntoalmar

I wish they used this game engine for a game based in WWII (::cough:: War in the Pacific 2 ::cough::)

(my humble blog about wargames, in spanish) http://cabezadepuente.blogspot.com.es/

(in reply to Daniele)
Post #: 2
RE: Command: Modern Operations - The King is back - 9/3/2019 5:19:26 PM   
ncc1701e

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniele

Six years on and still the best: All the original Command official scenarios remastered

Is it planned to include in the CMO base game all the existing DLCs of CMANO?
Is there a better ground forces control/simulation? I do not see this in the product page.

Thanks

Chancellor Gorkon to Captain James T. Kirk:
You don't trust me, do you? I don't blame you. If there is to be a brave new world, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it.

(in reply to Daniele)
Post #: 3
RE: Command: Modern Operations - The King is back - 9/4/2019 10:46:01 AM   
wodin

Me too...ahem...
quote:

ORIGINAL: juntoalmar

I wish they used this game engine for a game based in WWII (::cough:: War in the Pacific 2 ::cough::)

(in reply to juntoalmar)
Post #: 4
RE: Command: Modern Operations - The King is back - 9/4/2019 10:46:18 AM   
wodin

TacView looks a must have.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 5
RE: Command: Modern Operations - The King is back - 9/4/2019 10:51:07 AM   
[BSM]Roby7979

quote:

ORIGINAL: ncc1701e

quote:

Six years on and still the best: All the original Command official scenarios remastered

Is there a better ground forces control/simulation? I do not see this in the product page.

Thanks

All CMANO scenarios can be loaded in to CMO, so you will to play all your existing scenarios. The aim is to have CMO recognise your installed DLC for CMANO so all the content you already bought will just appear in CMO

(in reply to ncc1701e)
Post #: 6
RE: Command: Modern Operations - The King is back - 9/4/2019 11:02:25 AM   
wodin

I'd like to know if ground warfare has been improved too.

(in reply to [BSM]Roby7979)
Post #: 7
RE: Command: Modern Operations - The King is back - 9/4/2019 11:04:13 AM   
wodin

Just read this....

"Expanded ground ops let you take advantage of distinct terrain types (desert, forest, urban, swamps etc.) for mobility, weapon effects and visibility. "

Maybe the improved ground combat is why they changed the title to just Command: Modern Operations.

With improved ground combat this has become the full package I reckon.

Wonder if it's going to be abit easier to get into.

ALso WW2...please..one day..maybe?

quote:

ORIGINAL: ncc1701e

quote:

Thanks

quote:

Expanded ground ops let you take advantage of distinct terrain types (desert, forest, urban, swamps etc.) for mobility, weapon effects and visibility.

< Message edited by wodin -- 9/4/2019 11:08:25 AM >

(in reply to ncc1701e)
Post #: 8
RE: Command: Modern Operations - The King is back - 9/12/2019 11:34:58 PM   
riflebrigade

Will the new game only run through Steam?

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 9
RE: Command: Modern Operations - The King is back - 9/13/2019 1:32:34 AM   
riflebrigade

Will Command Modern Operations utilise all cores on multi core processors such as the AMD Ryzen 9 3900X?

(in reply to riflebrigade)
Post #: 10
RE: Command: Modern Operations - The King is back - 9/15/2019 4:04:10 AM   
sstevens06

quote:

ORIGINAL: juntoalmar

This right here.

(in reply to juntoalmar)
Post #: 11
RE: Command: Modern Operations - The King is back - 9/25/2019 3:31:48 PM   
Hammock

When in the development interviews will they address the ww2 venture?

(in reply to sstevens06)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> Press Releases, News and Events from Matrix >> Command: Modern Operations - The King is back Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI