Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Battle reports

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Battle reports Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Battle reports - 9/3/2019 1:07:00 AM   
zasgard

Hello

Just picked up the game and I was running the game AI vs AI and after every attack a screen would pop up displaying the losses for each attack. I saved my game and came back to it and now those little battle reports are showing.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: Battle reports - 9/3/2019 1:34:27 AM   
sPzAbt653

Try this:

Attachment (1)

(in reply to zasgard)
Post #: 2
RE: Battle reports - 9/3/2019 1:36:31 AM   
Hellen_slith

If you don't want the reports to show after each battle, you can go into player options and set the option to not display them.

I think that is what you mean? Also, open the .pdf manual and you can ctrl-F to search for battle reports, and it will tell you about all the options.

I hope this helps!

(in reply to zasgard)
Post #: 3
RE: Battle reports - 9/3/2019 1:47:31 AM   
zasgard

Whoops...I meant I want them to show and now they are not, but I see what setting options your referring too so I'll just mess around with them. It's weird, I don't remember changing them.

(in reply to sPzAbt653)
Post #: 4
RE: Battle reports - 9/3/2019 2:20:34 AM   
zasgard

Well, this is odd...if I select losses and Combat Report or Combat Chart, neither option are showing combat losses

(in reply to zasgard)
Post #: 5
RE: Battle reports - 9/3/2019 3:33:36 AM   
Hellen_slith

Do you mean clicking "Attacker Losses" won't show the losses?

You have to click the different buttons on the combat summary report. One shows attacker losses, another shows defender losses, another shows the grid of units and combat rounds, and another shows the legend for the different abbreviations ... are those the ones you mean?

Also, you have to click the little buttons on the combat list that says where battles took place, then it will take you to where it shows the more detailed reports.

Sorry, am away from my TOAW computer or I would post a screen shot.

< Message edited by Hellen_slith -- 9/3/2019 3:36:58 AM >

(in reply to zasgard)
Post #: 6
RE: Battle reports - 9/3/2019 3:41:42 AM   
zasgard

So, I'm totally lost on how to get the losses to show after every attack. I have the "Side" settings at computer vs computer and then with "Detailed Combat Reports" I've tried all the various settings and I can't get the battle report to show after each battle has occurred.

Looking at the manual I see an option for "on"...nothing else, just "on". I do not have that option. It's either "On, Combat Report", "On, Attack loss", "On, Defender Loss", "On, Combat Chart" and "Off".

Anyone have any idea why I can't get the battle reports to show? I was able to get them to show when I first started the game, but now, can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

(in reply to Hellen_slith)
Post #: 7
RE: Battle reports - 9/3/2019 4:42:44 AM   
Curtis Lemay

quote:

ORIGINAL: zasgard

So, I'm totally lost on how to get the losses to show after every attack. I have the "Side" settings at computer vs computer and then with "Detailed Combat Reports" I've tried all the various settings and I can't get the battle report to show after each battle has occurred.

Looking at the manual I see an option for "on"...nothing else, just "on". I do not have that option. It's either "On, Combat Report", "On, Attack loss", "On, Defender Loss", "On, Combat Chart" and "Off".

Anyone have any idea why I can't get the battle reports to show? I was able to get them to show when I first started the game, but now, can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Players now have the ability to choose which report they want to come up first: Combat Report, Attacker Losses, Defender Losses, or Combat Chart.

But from any of those, one can then select any of the other three to display next via the buttons on the report.

My TOAW web site:

Bob Cross's TOAW Site

(in reply to zasgard)
Post #: 8
RE: Battle reports - 9/3/2019 10:29:52 AM   
Lobster

quote:

Go to page 10 of the manual and start reading.

http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

"Getting back to reality...I'll only go as a tourist!"

(in reply to zasgard)
Post #: 9
RE: Battle reports - 9/3/2019 12:44:14 PM   
Curtis Lemay

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lobster

quote:

Go to page 10 of the manual and start reading.

Actually, the above is too new for the manual. It's only in the "What's New" document.

My TOAW web site:

Bob Cross's TOAW Site

(in reply to Lobster)
Post #: 10
RE: Battle reports - 9/3/2019 2:48:22 PM   
Hellen_slith

If you have the detailed combat results set to OFF, then I think you will have to pause the AI (by clicking anywhere in the screen) and then you will have to look at the combat reports like so:

Attachment (1)

(in reply to zasgard)
Post #: 11
RE: Battle reports - 9/3/2019 5:43:22 PM   
zasgard

Thank you all.

It's just a matter of me being more familiar with the game. Loving it so far.

Post #: 12
RE: Battle reports - 9/3/2019 5:56:59 PM   
Zovs

+1, the more you play it the better it becomes.

I still think 2 player is the best challenge to match your wits (or sanity) on/with.

War in the East/War in the East II - Alpha Test Teams
WarPlan Beta Tester
DG CWIE2 tester/SPWW2 and SPMBT playtester/scenario creator

(in reply to zasgard)
Post #: 13
RE: Battle reports - 9/4/2019 1:42:20 AM   
zasgard

OK, I just can't figure out how to get the battle report to pop up after every time there is an attack in a hex. I've tried all the setting I can think of. What does the "Detailed Combat Reports" need to be set at when playing Computer vs Computer so it will pop up showing the losses after each battle when a hex is attacked?

Maybe a better question to ask is...computer vs computer, can you still get battle reports to pop up every time a hex is attacked? If so...what are the settings for that?

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by zasgard -- 9/4/2019 3:30:35 AM >

(in reply to Zovs)
Post #: 14
RE: Battle reports - 9/4/2019 3:15:40 PM   
Hellen_slith

Tested this on my end, same problem.

Apparently the auto-popup report will not appear if BOTH sides are set to AI. In that case, you have to stop the action and use the combat reports button.

It *will* work if you set only one side to play AI at a time. IOW, when I select AI to play EITHER allies or axis, it works.

If i set the game to play BOTH sides, it will not work. So, set only one side to play at a time, and that should work. At least that's what is happening for me on my end. I hope this helps.

(in reply to zasgard)
Post #: 15
RE: Battle reports - 9/4/2019 3:23:21 PM   
Zovs

I don't think AI vs AI has ever worked like this, only Human vs AI or AI vs Human or h2h or pbem/++

War in the East/War in the East II - Alpha Test Teams
WarPlan Beta Tester
DG CWIE2 tester/SPWW2 and SPMBT playtester/scenario creator

Post #: 16
RE: Battle reports - 9/4/2019 4:07:29 PM   
Lobster

Right. You the human have to be 'in the loop'. I guess if you are not taking part Norm figured there's no reason to show you what happened. Norm mysticism.

http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

"Getting back to reality...I'll only go as a tourist!"

(in reply to Zovs)
Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Battle reports Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI