Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: What to do in Rangoon

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: What to do in Rangoon Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: What to do in Rangoon - 9/4/2019 4:19:07 PM   
jagsdomain

Ok thanks. I have not even started down that road yet. Not even sure how to find the screen for it.

(in reply to Gridley380)
Post #: 31
RE: What to do in Rangoon - 9/4/2019 5:41:40 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: jagsdomain

If the ship sais it cannot make it from South Africa to East Coast it still can because its off map. Right?

Yes. If both origin and destination ports are off-map and directly connected, no fuel is used and no damage is incurred. You should not refuel your ships in CT where fuel is scarce. Set them to "Do Not Refuel" until your TF arrives in EC USA, Canada or GB.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to jagsdomain)
Post #: 32
RE: What to do in Rangoon - 9/4/2019 5:48:05 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

Ok thanks. I have not even started down that road yet. Not even sure how to find the screen for it.

Managing your scarce political points is one of the most important parts of the game. The key is to develop a plan of at least six months hence (where you want to be with your forces, what to develop, what to defend) and then decide what units you want to have to accomplish that. Then prioritize which units you will spend points on first (to make them movable) and whether you need to spend points getting a better leader for the unit. It's very hard - there are some terrible leaders out there that you just cannot afford to change unless the unit is about to go into a critical battle.

One of the benefits of making the plan above is that you can buy land units early, before they fill out their TOE with actual devices. You save a lot of PP that way.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to jagsdomain)
Post #: 33
RE: What to do in Rangoon - 9/4/2019 6:01:11 PM   
HansBolter

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

quote:

One of the benefits of making the plan above is that you can buy land units early, before they fill out their TOE with actual devices. You save a lot of PP that way.

Absolutely NEVER set a restricted unit you plan to buy out to accept replacements.

Buy out cost is based on strength. The cost goes up as the depleted unit fleshes out its TOE.

Hans

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 34
RE: What to do in Rangoon - 9/4/2019 7:07:37 PM   
Gridley380

quote:

To the latter point, in the unit screen in the upper left corner you'll see its current HQ assignment. ("Australia Command" or "US Pacific Fleet") Note that not every unit can be changed - if the text is the same color as the unit name, etc., then it can't be changed. If it is a different color you can click on it. You'll get a loooonnnggg list of every HQ in the game on the left, and to the right it will tell you how many PP it will cost to change the HQ. The only reason to change a land unit is to go to an unrestricted HQ (one without an "R" by the HQ name). It does not matter which unrestricted HQ you go to, but I find it helpful to pick something in the right general area to help me keep track of what's going on. Scroll to the HQ you want, click it, confirm your choice.

(in reply to jagsdomain)
Post #: 35
RE: What to do in Rangoon - 9/4/2019 7:59:48 PM   
RangerJoe

Yes, you don't have to worry about refueling.

Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

(in reply to jagsdomain)
Post #: 36
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: What to do in Rangoon Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI